Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 12:08 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Ignorance is when individuals can't find the self control and dicipline to stop themselves from giving in to whacko urges and desires.
You ever see that kid walking the street with the 14" tall bright green mohawk, tattoos covering his neck and face and piercings everwhere? How about that man with the adams apple weraring a dress and lipstick? You have to wonder how and why someone feels the need to "express themselves" on such an extreme level. The only logical explanation is mental illness.

And then the kid with the 14" green Mohawk, who's full of piercings and facial tats will wonder why he can't get a job....lol. Hey man....no one will even give me an interview. Gee, go figure. If you frighten children, you probably have your answer....lol.

I'm all for free expression, but stupidity is another matter. If you can't figure out looking more or less freakish turns employers off....well, you have problems far beyond your looks. When I grew up in the 70's I had my long hair, and to this day, wish I still could wear it that way. But I decided getting a decent job was more important. Some would say I sold out, I would say I made a choice to trade my long hair for a stable good paying job which resulted in much more enjoyment and personal fulfillment that keeping my long hair ever could have on it's own.

However, when I retire..... :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 12:11 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Oh look it is yet another transphobic bigot bathroom thread of the day.

Maybe this forum should be renamed the transphobic, homophobic hate forum.

Find somethng else to obsess over. Like ploygamy, there's a slippery slope for ya. Go pick on the Mormons.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:53 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Scientific research.

So, of course the right rejects it. They're reality challenged.

Prove it.

Bathroom laws come from the right, not the left. The GOP even convenes emergency legislative sessions to come up with their silliness. Then they spout ridiculous fantasies to justify their phobia.

I'm kinda fond of the right's incessant efforts to regulate women's privates while chanting "smaller government!"

And then there is that little matter of the state deciding who is or is not a person.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Orwellian double think. The reality shows left wingers to be the authoritarians, as we see countless examples of the various groups making up the left petitioning endlessly for MORE government interference in matters government has no legitimate business, to now include restroom regulation.

Nothing exudes authoritarianism more than the tireless efforts of the left to impose bans on everything from firearms to tobacco, to even the outlawing of English language words which they claim to be offensive. Even Mom and Dad are target words, as the lunatic left insists isn't gender neutral enough.

Again, leftest thought patterns are consistently running in reverse of reality.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I'm pretty sure that the general mode of operation is still "don't ask, don't tell" when it comes to the public restroom issue, unless people make an issue of it. The 0.3% of the population that are transgender or genderqueer quietly and discreetly use the restroom of the gender in which they identify, and under most circumstances, everything works out.

Precisely, this is all a ruse to take people's attention away from the real issues of the campaign, Hillary's emails and money corruption.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:24 PM

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/06/15145/

"The larger issue is the meme itself. The idea that one’s sex is fluid and a matter open to choice runs unquestioned through our culture and is reflected everywhere in the media, the theater, the classroom, and in many medical clinics. It has taken on cult-like features: its own special lingo, internet chat rooms providing slick answers to new recruits, and clubs for easy access to dresses and styles supporting the sex change. It is doing much damage to families, adolescents, and children and should be confronted as an opinion without biological foundation wherever it emerges."

Paul McHugh, MD, is University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is the author of The Mind Has Mountains: Reflections on Society and Psychiatry.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And then there is that little matter of the state deciding who is or is not a person.
As in the right's push for "personhood," granting full rights and legal status to zygotes.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:26 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Ted Cruz' epic failure should be a cautionary tale for religious nuts. Your hate resonates with NO ONE.
LOL! At you and anyone else actually thinking 77% of the age 30+ population are hate-filled religious nuts. Can't get much more ignorant and intolerant than that.
Quote:
"Most Americans (59 percent) aren't comfortable with the idea of transgender students picking which bathroom or locker room to use, and think they should use the facilities of the gender they were born as, while 26 percent think they should be allowed to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of their preferred gender.

...Just 23 percent of Americans age 30 and older think transgender students should be able to pick which facilities to use, compared to 35 percent of Americans under 30"
​CBS News Poll: Transgender kids and school bathrooms/locker rooms - CBS News

Just look at the response of those old enough to have kids... 77% of the age 30+ population doesn't want transgenders to be able to "choose" which facilities (men's/boys' or women's/girls') to use.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I'm pretty sure that the general mode of operation is still "don't ask, don't tell" when it comes to the public restroom issue, unless people make an issue of it. The 0.3% of the population that are transgender or genderqueer quietly and discreetly use the restroom of the gender in which they identify, and under most circumstances, everything works out.
No, they don't. The problems in schools/universities in IL, WA, MO, PA, etc., involve complaints about transgenders using multiple occupancy locker room/shower facilities opposite of their anatomical genitalia.

From the 2015 federal court ruling in the PA public university case...
Quote:
"This case arises from Plaintiff Seamus Johnston’s allegations that Defendants discriminated against him based on his sex and his transgender status(1) by prohibiting him from using sex-segregated locker rooms and restrooms that were designated for men. Although the parties have submitted lengthy briefs and have advanced numerous arguments, this case presents one central question: whether a university, receiving federal funds, engages in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus. The simple answer is no."

(1) Plaintiff was born a female but identifies as a transgender male."
http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

Old 05-11-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
As in the right's push for "personhood," granting full rights and legal status to zygotes.
Hmmm... Even blue states have fetal homicide laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies