Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 10:49 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times

Advertisements

Same as it has been since Bush. Stagnant, wars, top 10% or so will be fine. Hillary will sign TPP I have no doubt about that. Unemployment will be lower than average but most jobs will continue to move from living wages to retail wages.

Basically the same as its been for a long time. She represents everything that is status quo and that's how she wants to lead us.

I believe, personally, we have a long term trajectory of mediocre stagnation, the Great Recession gutted the middle/working class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 10:58 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
That's not fair, I'm sure a lot of blame will also continue to be spread to men, white people, republicans, guns, the NRA, and evil rich people.
Hey that's me!

Old 05-07-2016, 11:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
More stagnation. Stock market crash. Blame Bush and the Republicans.
Well that's what happens when those things happen on a presidents watch...

Still tangled in the Middle East too...

Old 05-08-2016, 12:15 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
When the baby bush presidency ended, I said it would take 25 years until we fully recover.

I still stand by that statement.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:22 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Obviously, this is an unanswerable question - but in my experience, Democrats are more likely to be against outsourcing, so I think your idea is completely wrong. I recently read that statistically recessions and depressions were usually triggered by Republican administrations, in which case our prospects would be good, but these days countries are so interconnected that it may no longer be true.

Perhaps with Hillary we'd finally pass the ERA.
1) Go look whom signed NAFTA. Biden, Kennedy, Kerry, Clinton....so there goes your first point.

2) Jeff Immelt (I worked for GE once upon a time) is Obama's "Jobs Czar". If you are unaware of GE's degree of off-shoring and of course tax loop-hole / evasion....then you need to learn now.

3) many recesssions\depressions happen well outside the scope of any specific party but it makes for political fodder. If you were old enough you would remember blame heaped on Clinton for what Bush inherited and Obama for what he inherited and so forth. I'd asked where you read it but my guess is mother jones...the Rush Limbaugh of the left. You can do better in educating yourself.

Your post is the #1, stick a pin in it, reason that Hillary beat Bernie Sanders. You seriously have zero clue about the real situation but at least you have name recognition. Enjoy the Republican you are about to elect in November.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:25 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Same as it has been since Bush. Stagnant, wars, top 10% or so will be fine. Hillary will sign TPP I have no doubt about that. Unemployment will be lower than average but most jobs will continue to move from living wages to retail wages.

Basically the same as its been for a long time. She represents everything that is status quo and that's how she wants to lead us.

I believe, personally, we have a long term trajectory of mediocre stagnation, the Great Recession gutted the middle/working class.
^^^THis.

Anyone want to bet Hillary won't sign TPP? Step right up and say so. Guessing we won't get any takers but they'll just be happy it isn't trump. Can't fault half of their logic but when Hillary screws you over it's going to be funny to watch the mental gymnastics....like an abused spouse legitimizing the abuse.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:27 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Will most good paying jobs be outsourced with nothing but service level minimum wage jobs being the only thing left for most americans?

Will we have gone through another recession?

It'll probably be very similar to Bill Clinton's terms - a booming economy and a surplus.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:29 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

This is a strange prediction. Hillary has very little in common with Bush or the right-wing supply side economy.

She has much more in common with her husband, and will probably bring about similar results - good economy and a surplus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies