Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:06 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times

Advertisements

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

His ratings vary and right now he's at a -10. He will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history. You dems have been drinking the kool aid too long. I know it's an addiction but you can overcome it and see the Dems for what they are and not through rose colored glasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 04:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Everyone but you knows that Rasmussen is a discredited GOP pollster. They called the 2012 election for Romney, remember? Well, they only missed it by 5 million votes and 126 electorals. Real close.

Gallup has his approval at 51% this week.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends

Pew Research had him at 51% last month, also.

Millennials give Obama a boost as his job rating rebounds | Pew Research Center

Oh, BTW, Rasmussen only has him at a -1, not -10.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Better check your math.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:36 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Everyone but you knows that Rasmussen is a discredited GOP pollster. They called the 2012 election for Romney, remember? Well, they only missed it by 5 million votes and 126 electorals. Real close.

Gallup has his approval at 51% this week.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends

Pew Research had him at 51% last month, also.

Millennials give Obama a boost as his job rating rebounds | Pew Research Center

Oh, BTW, Rasmussen only has him at a -1, not -10.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Better check your math.

Well ty for that info but I tend to have more confidence in someone that admits they're an old fart than one who says they're old and immature. Also I like when reputation is at least equal if not surpassing a person's posts. You can kind of figure how people on CD view that person's opinion. Although Texas is nice!

Old 05-08-2016, 04:40 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Obama alone did all that?

Yes. He is a quite prolific divider.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Obama has fanned the flames of racism more than any other President in history? Really? Even more than the Presidents who owned slaves? Wow.
Yes. Owning slaves 200 years ago has nothing to do with fanning the flames of racism. Two different topics.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Gee, another hate filled thread about President Obama. .
Let me correct your post "Gee, another fact filled thread about President Obama. "

No hate needed. The facts speak for themselves.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Just a wee little reminder here, Ray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well ty for that info but I tend to have more confidence in someone that admits they're an old fart than one who says they're old and immature. Also I like when reputation is at least equal if not surpassing a person's posts. You can kind of figure how people on CD view that person's opinion. Although Texas is nice!
As much as you want to make me the subject of this thread (and I realize that I'm fascinating) the topic is still Obama vs Trump.

Obama > Trump.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Ya know, we humans are really an F'd up species. We are never happy. We complain about "The Government" but out of the other side of our mouth we complain because the government didn't do something we wanted.

More than that, we Americans are super F'd up, and spoiled. We have no concept of how good our lives are here. All of us should have to live in some other God forsaken part of the world for a while and then we might be able to appreciate just how good we have it. We are a sorry lot !

Anyone who runs for President in this country needs his or her head examined. Why take a job where everything you do or say is put under a microscope and dissected by the people on the other side of the fence ? You could cure Cancer, put every American back to work making good money, solve all the international issues, and there would still be ingrates raising Hell because you could have done more.

I really, really dislike the human race sometimes.

Don

Old 05-08-2016, 04:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Is there any doubt, the most divisive POTUS ever, but he gets a pass..........I will give you ONE guess as to why!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!

Old 05-08-2016, 05:57 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
More than that, we Americans are super F'd up, and spoiled. We have no concept of how good our lives are here. All of us should have to live in some other God forsaken part of the world for a while and then we might be able to appreciate just how good we have it.
Been living in Asia for the past 32 years.

Got news for you.

Sure, the US is a relatively nice place to live. Beats Africa and the Middle East.

But, the US is not free in the way that our Founding Fathers made it. They left us a Republic where the people enjoyed an extraordinary level of personal freedom and the States were sovereigns. Today, we Americans sit and watch as the Federal Government grows increasingly large and the States are more like counties than sovereigns.

Unlike so many of my expat compatriots who have been renouncing their US citizenship in ever increasing numbers, I plan to return to the US when I retire, and of course to take all of my assets back there with me. But, I'm not looking forward to an expansion of my personal liberty upon my return. I actually enjoy a much higher level of personal freedom, and am happy to bear much higher responsibility for myself, here on this God forsaken side of the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies