Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:11 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times

Advertisements

Newt as VP is something Democrats would welcome, I would think. He adds no diversity (in terms of gender, race, age, BMI, etc.) to the ticket, other than geographical diversity and skin color (pale/orange), and as mentioned, does not help the favorability of the ticket.

A female VP would be very valuable to Mr. Trump in attacking Hillary . . . . someone like iCarly would be a great attack dog.

No one is going to let Newt forget that he went to his wife's hospital bed while she was being treated for cancer to discuss the terms of divorce. Just couldn't wait until she was discharged!! It gives Hillary something to counter with when Bill's shenanigan is brought up.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 05:38 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If you had followed the primaries and had an understanding of demographics, you would have seen that Trump did fine with evangelicals. This constant trying to divide the nation being used by the Democrats has reached an unreal level and people are starting to see through it. Evangelicals, like all American citizens, need decent jobs and a secure nation. Just because someone is evangelical doesn't mean that they are a one issue voter based on their religion. It is funny that most that tout "evangelical" this and that don't have a clue or probably even know what an "evangelical" is.

People don't get that this is not a Ms/Mr. Congeniality contest. In professional fields, don't we choose the most qualified person? If the best dentist, vet or surgeon in town doesn't have a glowing personality, do you choose someone that does despite their level of incompetence. Nearly every good dentist I have had, I didn't care for their personality but I choked it down because they were the best. Often the "best" tends to be more narcissistic but when it comes to the well being of myself or my country, I can tolerate the narcissism as long as it comes with the skill set to more or less justify that attitude.

He'll rise from the grave any day now as the "anointed" one. While being a very devout believer in God, Cruz just makes me ill.
Then evangelicals should stop "questioning" Obama's religion. A bunch of goddamn hypocrites.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:51 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You seemed to have no trouble quoting the Washington Post when it suited your argument. You even bolded it.Burnt.
But I never said they are owned by Liberals and that they are anti-Trump did I?

Old 05-08-2016, 05:56 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,241 times
If Mr Trump were to win, I would be glad for Mr Gingrich to have a place in the administration. Newt is smart, has vision short and long term, and loves his country.

After reading some of his reports to Congress and the President, I was amazed at how accurate his predictions were. and the way he handled the house was masterful for the most part.

I really don't care if he is popular or not. I don't care about his personal life as long as it is open (to save from blackmail) What can he do? is more important to me. He is smart and can thread the needle. that counts.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:04 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Did you mean to say that Gingrich never won a GOP nomination with less than 40% of Republican votes and with a record number of Republican voters expressing a preference for someone else?

did Democrats say the same thing when in 1992 in a 3 person race Bubba Clinton won with 42% of the vote?.....I didn't hear Democrats complain....they took the win all the way to a 2 term Presidency.

in a 17 person race nobody is going to get above 40% until the field narrows down...that's jut a fact......Since New York all the way to Indiana, Trump has received above 54% of the vote and that's with NO Super Pacs and the establishment against him and spending hardly any money compare to the 188 million spent by Hillary and 165 million spent by Bernie and 120 million spent by Cruz and 130 million spent by Jeb Bush.

Facts are stubborn, huh?

Old 05-08-2016, 09:42 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
If Mr Trump were to win, I would be glad for Mr Gingrich to have a place in the administration. Newt is smart, has vision short and long term, and loves his country.
I agree. I think he'd be a waste of talent as VP but he'd be a great Secretary of State.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,145 times
No matter who is elected, all you libtoids will continue to get your food stamps, medicaid, and gubmint largesse....

Old 05-09-2016, 09:05 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
No matter who is elected, all you libtoids will continue to get your food stamps, medicaid, and gubmint largesse....
Trump said he doesn't want anyone to die on the streets.. the libs will walk over a dead American yet they are for all the illegals , and potential muslim terrorists.. yet the vets are left to die because they can't get to a doctor.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:34 AM

23,523 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
He is even more unpopular than I thought.

The article is called:
"WHY NEWT GINGRICH IS THE MOST UNPOPULAR POLITICIAN IN AMERICA"
Why Newt Gingrich is 'the most disliked politician in America'
63 perc ent of the American people can't recognize a picture of the vice president or know who bombed Pearl Harbor, let alone know who Newt is.

I call BS on the claim 63% find Newt unpopular. Bet 79% think newt is a character from Harry Potter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies