Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
so you invented something you plan to hoard and keep for yourself but never sell to make any money since you wont let anyone, like an investor, see it.....that makes perfect sense.

Who needs an investor, if you sell the first one to make enough to feed you and your family, while keeping them dry with a roof over their heads(not the government in taxes) and have enough money to buy the stuff to build 2 instead of just one again. I will make it just fine without "investors".

But because you need it today and I said it will be next week, do you come and take it from me, get investors and make them yourself, all subsidized using taxes taken from the people, so it won't cost you a dime.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 04:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Let's make it more interesting. A powerful new organism is loose in the world. No one survives. 15% of the world population is gone and the disease is moving rapidly toward the western world.

BentBow has the antidote. He has cured a few hundred people for $10 million each but refuses to make it available to the general population.

What now? In my mind it is quite straightforward. Society takes it and provides BentBow with reasonable compensation. And we do that with force including killing him if required.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
How much is "all" your money?

Three bucks? Fifty million? If it's three bucks.....your invention can be easily copied and no one will be buying whatever the heck it is you invented. If it's $50 million you were a fool to spend that much money.... then do your market testing on CD.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:00 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They would take it without hesitation by force and they know it.
They?

Old 05-08-2016, 05:02 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who needs an investor, if you sell the first one to make enough to feed you and your family, while keeping them dry with a roof over their heads(not the government in taxes) and have enough money to buy the stuff to build 2 instead of just one again. I will make it just fine without "investors".

But because you need it today and I said it will be next week, do you come and take it from me, get investors and make them yourself, all subsidized using taxes taken from the people, so it won't cost you a dime.....
To sell it, youd have to show someone

Old 05-08-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Let's make it more interesting. A powerful new organism is loose in the world. No one survives. 15% of the world population is gone and the disease is moving rapidly toward the western world.

BentBow has the antidote. He has cured a few hundred people for $10 million each but refuses to make it available to the general population.

What now? In my mind it is quite straightforward. Society takes it and provides BentBow with reasonable compensation. And we do that with force including killing him if required.

BINGO... We have a winner, that understands human characteristics.

You are only safe from mob rule, by the capabilities of the firepower that surrounds you, when you have something someone else wants at all cost.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
They?

You would have to refer back to the OP, for reference.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
So what's your point?

Old 05-08-2016, 05:15 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
So what's your point?
Because guns.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:17 PM

We can change it for those that have come to an intellectual by-pass.

So, I don't duplicate it to sell it to you. For massive profits and creating jobs.

I just let you rent the one and only I made for a gracious fee up front, with my full supervision upon usage so it does not get damaged.....

Would the public demand the government take it from me, for a one time cost they felt it was worth to them, by vote for mass production to the public with government subsidization?
Something I put all my time and money into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies