Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 01:53 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times

Advertisements

you are wrong. people are born gay, but homosexual acts are a choice. just as heterosexual acts are a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not necessarily.
What about all of these Republican political figures who have been living a lie of being straight..
What about the countless others who have been forced to maintain a lie for fear of their livelihoods and in some cases, their lives?

What is the gay “lifestyle” – what do they do differently from straights, other than in the privacy of their bedrooms?

Why aren’t all people granted the same rights in the US?

People are born gay or straight.
There’s no control.

Doesn’t meet your requirements? Too bad.
Ever consider being with someone of the same sex? Then you know how gay and lesbian people feel about being with the opposite sex.
It’s not a choice, just like color, gender or the country you’re born in.

Don’t ask others to not enjoy sexual relations unless you are willing to give that up for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 08:00 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default I'm not mad at you guys......

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not necessarily.
What about all of these Republican political figures who have been living a lie of being straight..
What about the countless others who have been forced to maintain a lie for fear of their livelihoods and in some cases, their lives?

What is the gay “lifestyle” – what do they do differently from straights, other than in the privacy of their bedrooms?

Why aren’t all people granted the same rights in the US?

People are born gay or straight.
There’s no control.

Doesn’t meet your requirements? Too bad.
Ever consider being with someone of the same sex? Then you know how gay and lesbian people feel about being with the opposite sex.
It’s not a choice, just like color, gender or the country you’re born in.

Don’t ask others to not enjoy sexual relations unless you are willing to give that up for yourself.
Chielgirl....nodixieforme.....jfre81...TheDagonsla yer..TwiloMike I'm not mad at either one of you the "gist" of my [post] was that the "Federal Government" is not going to give you the same rights as a Heterosexual Married Couple and all of you totally avoided discussing that point. Neither
Heterosexuals or Homosexuals are born with the urges to engage in Heter-osexual or Homosexuals acts that usually comes about in theri's "teen"
years and "sometimes" outside factors weight a big part in that decision...
such as Homosexual molestation and rape.Another important point that i made was that probably that all "Married" men have wanted to have sexual relations with a woman or women who wasn't their's wife , but some totally avoided it be exercising self restraint show me a man who was born "AND ONLY WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH ONE WOMAN....and i will even go further "SHOW ME A HOMOSEXUAL WHO ONLY WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH (1) ONE OTHER HOMOSEXUAL we having 'polygamy urges" can adjust ours activities by sheer will power and be "momogamy case closed.
I don't care if homosexual have homosexual sex among themselves outside of a Marriage , you protrayed me totally wrong on that count the (OP)posed the question of what's wrong with Homosexual Marriage"Right".

Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Chielgirl....nodixieforme.....jfre81...TheDagonsla yer..TwiloMike I'm not mad at either one of you the "gist" of my [post] was that the "Federal Government" is not going to give you the same rights as a Heterosexual Married Couple and all of you totally avoided discussing that point.
I didn't see that point made. The Federal government will eventually grant equal rights- once the proper test case is found.

Quote:
Neither Heterosexuals or Homosexuals are born with the urges to engage in Heter-osexual or Homosexuals acts that usually comes about in theri's "teen" years
Desire to engage in sexual acts falls under the umbrella of attraction. Whether people realize at birth for which gender they will have sexual attraction once they realize they have it, is irrelevant. Sexual attraction is not chosen... unless you chose to be attracted to the gender to which you are attracted. Did you?

Quote:
and "sometimes" outside factors weight a big part in that decision...such as Homosexual molestation and rape.
Irrelevant to this discussion. Civil rights don't hinge on this.

Quote:
Another important point that i made was that probably that all "Married" men have wanted to have sexual relations with a woman or women who wasn't their's wife , but some totally avoided it be exercising self restraint show me a man who was born "AND ONLY WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH ONE WOMAN....and i will even go further "SHOW ME A HOMOSEXUAL WHO ONLY WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH (1) ONE OTHER HOMOSEXUAL we having 'polygamy urges" can adjust ours activities by sheer will power and be "momogamy case closed.
Will you please adjust your use of punctuation to make your posts more more clear and more easily readable?

What difference does any of the above make in terms of with how many partners one wants to have sex? To the marriage debate it is entirely irrelevant.

Quote:
I don't care if homosexual have homosexual sex among themselves outside of a Marriage , you protrayed me totally wrong on that count the (OP)posed the question of what's wrong with Homosexual Marriage"Right".
Did I even address anything of the sort from you?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:20 PM

242 posts, read 193,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
I didn't see that point made. The Federal government will eventually grant equal rights- once the proper test case is found.

Desire to engage in sexual acts falls under the umbrella of attraction. Whether people realize at birth for which gender they will have sexual attraction once they realize they have it, is irrelevant. Sexual attraction is not chosen... unless you chose to be attracted to the gender to which you are attracted. Did you?

Irrelevant to this discussion. Civil rights don't hinge on this.

Will you please adjust your use of punctuation to make your posts more more clear and more easily readable?

What difference does any of the above make in terms of with how many partners one wants to have sex? To the marriage debate it is entirely irrelevant.

Did I even address anything of the sort from you?
His post was too incoherent, so I didn't bother trying to respond.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Really... what would happen if homosexuals were allowed to marry? If you oppose it, why?
Nothing, they would get married then live their lives like everyone else does. The world won't collapse into chaos because homosexuals are given the basic right of marriage.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:24 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
108 pages of pure gayness none that I read by the way

All marriage is pointless and should be abolished. But I digress...

What it comes down to is who the hell cares? If someone wants to get married let them. I think its bull crap that we have to vote or have some sort of hearing to give people rights.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
108 pages of pure gayness none that I read by the way

All marriage is pointless and should be abolished. But I digress...

What it comes down to is who the hell cares? If someone wants to get married let them. I think its bull crap that we have to vote or have some sort of hearing to give people rights.
I absolutely agree. The issue is overblown and ridiculous now.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:40 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Nothing, they would get married then live their lives like everyone else does. The world won't collapse into chaos because homosexuals are given the basic right of marriage.
It has already been mentioned here before, but to those who have trouble absorbing information... marriage is not a "right."

Old 06-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It has already been mentioned here before, but to those who have trouble absorbing information... marriage is not a "right."
That's easy for you to state, since you've never had it denied.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:36 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Nothing wrong with gay marriage.

It's just the only place that bigots can play these days, since the laws that prohibit hate speech do not protect gays the way those laws protect blacks, women, minorities, the aged, religion and nationality from hate speech.

Until the law is widened to protect gays from hate speech and acts of hate, we will hear how wrong it is, etc. All this crap coming from the mouths of Dobson, Robertson, the late Jerry Falwell, etc, is done SOLELY to raise money from gullible, bigoted people.

Historical parallel: There used to be LAWS in our nation prohibiting inter-racial marriage. Those laws were swept away decades ago, and once they were that form of bigotry ended. Bigotry against gays is about the last form of bigotry left to close down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies