Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:30 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,292 times

Advertisements

Really... what would happen if homosexuals were allowed to marry? If you oppose it, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 01:32 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
In reality, those who oppose it probably wouldn't notice any difference, unless of course they started going to gay weddings.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
Well first of all, the flowers are all wrong. The music is tired and boring. And those tuxedos are just ill-fitting.

Aside from that, nothing. Personally, I don't want to get married. Please don't ruin that for me. He might propose.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 PM

438 posts, read 1,509,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Really... what would happen if homosexuals were allowed to marry? If you oppose it, why?
Geez, didn't you see "The Daily Show" last week? Crime would definitely go up. The terrorists would walk all over us. All the Mexicans would come into our country illegally, take all our jobs, and make us speak Spanish. Everyone would start getting abortions all the time. The Earth would stop spinning. And, gasp, more people would chose to be gay!! Total nightmare!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 PM

74 posts, read 190,989 times
the same thing that is wrong with gays in general. Marriage is ment to be between a man and a woman. Relationships are ment to be between a man and a woman. Is there anything rigth about gay marriage? No, theres not.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankidan View Post
the same thing that is wrong with gays in general. Marriage is ment to be between a man and a woman. Relationships are ment to be between a man and a woman. Is there anything rigth about gay marriage? No, theres not.
You've convinced me. I will go marry a woman right now.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 PM

438 posts, read 1,509,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
You've convinced me. I will go marry a woman right now.
See, now was that so hard?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:49 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
I don't have an issue with it personally. They are people like me with feelings and bleed like I do. They just happen to be attracted to the same gender.

BUT

I think a big issue is that biblically it is wrong (it is, sorry). The Bible speaks clearly against it and that marriage is to be b/w man and woman. And for some, it's just not something they are comfortable with seeing (same sex couples together). I don't like excessive PDA's from any couple whether they be hetero or homosexual. It's just one of those issues that will probably always push buttons.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I don't have an issue with it personally. They are people like me with feelings and bleed like I do. They just happen to be attracted to the same gender.

BUT

I think a big issue is that biblically it is wrong (it is, sorry). The Bible speaks clearly against it and that marriage is to be b/w man and woman. And for some, it's just not something they are comfortable with seeing (same sex couples together). I don't like excessive PDA's from any couple whether they be hetero or homosexual. It's just one of those issues that will probably always push buttons.
I understand all that. I don't want gay marriage. Marriage historically has religious connotations. I'd rather the gov't offer civil unions to any people wanting to form a partnership.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,292 times
Quote:
I don't like excessive PDA's from any couple whether they be hetero or homosexual.
So why mention it?
Quote:
I think a big issue is that biblically it is wrong
So it should also be Constitutionally wrong, too? Thank God we don't let religion run our government, because God only knows what kind of in-fighting we'd have and God awful things we'd do overseas in the name of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies