Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 06:21 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder...are all leftists complete morons?
I think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 06:50 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Transgender does not equal homosexual and none of this bathroom stuff has anything to do with gay people.
Kindly get that crap straightened out in your head.
I didn't indicate they were. The groups behind the bathroom laws advocate on behalf of the entire LBGT cohort. This is well documented.

I'm an advocate for equal rights and every American deserves them. But common sense dictates that I don't use the ladies room if I look like a man, regardless of how I self-identify.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:27 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I didn't indicate they were. The groups behind the bathroom laws advocate on behalf of the entire LBGT cohort. This is well documented.

I'm an advocate for equal rights and every American deserves them. But common sense dictates that I don't use the ladies room if I look like a man, regardless of how I self-identify.

Years ago I drove truck with a partner. He had to really go bad and we managed to pull into one truck stop in time for him to run to the bathroom. Without looking; he ran into the women's room. I was wondering what happened to him since he was taking such a long time. When he realized what he did; he had to wait until he felt it was safe to come out of the stall.

I loved kidding him about it for then next two months and then I did it myself! It's a terrible feeling realizing you are in the wrong place. Afraid that if you are seen that somebody might scream! I cannot picture why anybody would want to be in the wrong bathroom! I never told my partner that I made the same mistake - I had too much fun kidding him!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Should we require the public to carry their birth certificates at all times, and have police or security officers ready at public restrooms to enforce the government regulations on bathroom use? Is this the small-government solution?

If people don't know what sex they are (and which bathrooms they've been using all their lives), that's their problem.

Good try, though, turning this issue around so it appears that those who aren't "confused" are the ones with the problem.

Next.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:58 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,975 times
Five pages of mostly non-answers. The question was asked poorly, I guess. So here's the direct question: how is the law enforceable?

Given most of the responses were just 'I hate liberals' remarks (classy...) or something about common sense, and only one really sufficiently addressed the question without the fluff: a driver's license is enough.

This draws up some other questions though. Who's checking IDs to get into a bathroom? Now, the obvious answer is no one. When someone violates the law, the police will be called and will ask the person to show some ID, and then an arrest will be made if needed. But here's the kicker: a transgendered person goes out of there way to appear to be the opposite sex of their biological sex. Meaning, it's unlikely anyone will actually notice. Transgendered people do not like drawing more attention to themselves than what is necessary. Meaning, the only people who will ever be asked to show an ID in nearly every situation will be people who are clearly not transgendered or people who are causing a problem, both of which would be arrested without the law anyway.

This goes back to my main question I've had with this whole issue from the very start: what exactly is the point? The usual answer is to keep out sexual predators, who rarely make an appearance in restrooms (of state with trans anti-discrimination laws in regards to bathrooms, none have seen increases in sexual assaults) and who already weren't allowed. Reason seems to suggest either the 'protect women and children' argument is a farce, or is being made by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
1) It's not enforceable
2) It's a stupid law that clearly isn't meant to protect anyone. It's rather telling that their "concern" is solely about cross-dressing people molesting kids. I guess in the minds of these idiots it's okay to molest little kids as long as you do so while in the correct restroom.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, that's usually their father, uncle, brother, cousin, or stepdad...so how does this fit into the bathroom conversation?
your remark, doesn't fit in to the bathroom agenda.....but I will tell you from experience, the father, uncle, brother, cousin, or stepdad, doesn't isolate his pathetic sickness to family members....

guess you didn't read my post. It is a proven fact, that "A Sexual Predator", will sexually molest, between 50 - 75 kids, in their lifetime, that is 50 - 75 kids, per one child molester, how many are in the U.S.? And how many go undetected?

They should be put away for life, and any man, who thinks, it's ok for him to use a bathroom where little kids go, is sick. It is pathetic what our country has come to....due to liberal thinking, and excusing entitlement.

The other thing that is really sick, is that liberals never ever consider what happens to the child who was sexually molested? How does that affect their lives for the rest of their remaining days on earth?

No, of course you didn't take that into account, you people never do, otherwise, you would be combing our judicial systems to make tougher laws to put these sexual predators away for life.

No, of course you don't, instead, you want to open up the girls bathrooms, showers & locker rooms to men....there are no words I can find which describes my contempt for anyone who is for this....first off, you don't care about the long term effects, right now, you only care about getting your way.

You have no idea what it is like growing up a girl...all the snide remarks, the wolf calls and whistles....the dirty filthy remarks men make as they stand together watching some innocent young woman walk by. And then you want to open bathrooms to men....without any care for the girls that will be molested.

And this law doesn't stop at bathrooms, this law will allow men who think they are women, in a girls shower room, locker room, spilling over into the work force? How sick can one person be. You use the bathroom according to your genitalia. Period!

Idiots....honestly, there are no words to describe the pathetic minds of people like this, who want not only want to pass this law, but put our little girls in danger...wanting to use the same bathroom facility as a little girl. There is something wrong with the mind that approves of this.

someone has to care for our children, apparently a lot of people do not.

I up until this time, thought I understood transgenders....but now, I have no respect for them what-so-ever, due to them, insisting this upon our women and little girls.

This is going to far, enough is enough....I am fighting for my gender, against this insane world we live in.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-10-2016 at 05:29 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 05:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
1) It's not enforceable
2) It's a stupid law that clearly isn't meant to protect anyone. It's rather telling that their "concern" is solely about cross-dressing people molesting kids. I guess in the minds of these idiots it's okay to molest little kids as long as you do so while in the correct restroom.

Bingo.

Also, how does forcing all anti-discrimination cases into Federal courts, capping minimum wage statewide and prohibiting cities/municipalities from enacting their own anti-discrimination laws keep the "women, children and families" safer?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:05 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Then why is it called LGBT???

LOL

progs don't even worry about resembling the truth.
LGBT (and sometimes many more letters) are grouped together because they have been traditionally discriminated against for going against the hegemony regarding men and women in society.

Interestingly, I have heard reports about butch lesbians being thrown out of women's restrooms, despite being biologically female (and identifying as such.)

Old 05-10-2016, 12:11 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder...are all leftists complete morons?
If we are talking about the bathroom laws enacted by governor Bill McCrory in NC isnt he a Republican? In fact reading over many sites on the issue it seems its the Republicans making the big deal about bathrooms=
https://www.google.ca/#q=Bathroom+laws+and+Republicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies