Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 03:42 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

The vaccination status of refugees is not ignored.

Domestic Immunizations Guidelines | Immigrant and Refugee Health | CDC

"Immunizations can be given to the patient after arrival in the United States according to recommended schedules. Both adults and children should be evaluated and vaccine needs addressed during the new arrival medical visit."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 05:18 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The vaccination status of refugees is not ignored.

Domestic Immunizations Guidelines | Immigrant and Refugee Health | CDC

"Immunizations can be given to the patient after arrival in the United States according to recommended schedules. Both adults and children should be evaluated and vaccine needs addressed during the new arrival medical visit."
yes Suzy, thank you, I had been alerted about this, by some other posters....and figured in this particular instance, Dennis Michael is using this for his own agenda.

However, I wonder if they are actually vaccinating these people...I just don't trust the government any longer....?

Old 05-13-2016, 05:35 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I thought you guys hate vaccines and immunization shots?
Democrats are more than twice as likely to deny the science of vaccines not creating autism.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:37 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Refugees Not Immunized, Causing Disease Outbreaks in USA. Started in Mosque! – DennisMichaelLynch.com

Here's one for all those who thought our government would take care of things, and keep us safe...?
Oh for the love of God...The anti immunization crazies started the outbreaks in the US.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:43 AM

296 posts, read 319,176 times
Good thing I'm vaccinated.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Oh for the love of God...The anti immunization crazies started the outbreaks in the US.
yes, maybe they did, and maybe they didn't....

if you would have read more in this thread, you would realize, that we have discussed this...thank you...
and let me just add, there is both good and bad in everything.

While I totally get it about immunizations, I also (in some cases) get it, b/c not every one's body due to chemical make up, etc...can tolerate those immunizations...we've seen it in dogs and cats...that have died, and yes, even some children....now when you compare, say 1 child out of 3,000, that isn't much...however, the risk is still there, and it becomes a real big default when that one child happens to be yours.

anyway, is the government giving these people vaccines....? I know it's been said, that our government is checking them out, however, these refugees, have left their homes and everything behind, and have come here with just the clothes on their backs, so how is there any record of any vaccines they have received in Syria, if at all?

Once again, I say, I am a skeptic....

Old 05-13-2016, 06:19 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:

if you would have read more in this thread, you would realize, that we have discussed this...thank you...

While I totally get it about immunizations, I also (in some cases) get it, b/c not every one's body due to chemical make up, etc...can tolerate those immunizations...we've seen it in dogs and cats...that have died, and yes, even some children....now when you compare, say 1 child out of 3,000, that isn't much...however, the risk is still there, and it becomes a real big default when that one child happens to be yours.

anyway, is the government giving these people vaccines....? I know it's been said, that our government is checking them out, however, these refugees, have left their homes and everything behind, and have come here with just the clothes on their backs, so how is there any record of any vaccines they have received in Syria, if at all?

Why does it matter? If you allow anti-vaxxers to go to the upcoming Olympics, care to guess what they'll be bringing back with them?

You gonna insist they all be immunized before they go?

Entertaining to say the least; watching how that works out for you all.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:

Noooo, I don't read paranoiac screeds. I was vaccinated for polo, measles, and the myriad of other childhood diseases, so were my kids and their kids. And we're all fine. Maybe the prevalence of Autism is the result of better diagnosis methods.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:31 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Zika, ebola, TB, all coming to a "refugee" camp near you.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:56 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
yes Suzy, thank you, I had been alerted about this, by some other posters....and figured in this particular instance, Dennis Michael is using this for his own agenda.

However, I wonder if they are actually vaccinating these people...I just don't trust the government any longer....?
Yes, they are vaccinating them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Zika, ebola, TB, all coming to a "refugee" camp near you.
Zika is just as likely to come from an American traveler, Ebola most probably from a returning health care worker, and all refugees are screened for TB.

Quote:

The children who came here from Central America often brought their vaccination records with them. If vaccinations cannot be confirmed with a paper trail, they can be repeated.

Far less than one child in 3,000 will have a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine. It's more like one in 1,000,000 or fewer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies