Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 10:40 AM

1,504 posts, read 846,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you go into bathrooms when you are drunk and smoked up and talk to people taking a crap in the stall next to you?
No....I just imagine that woman tend to socialize more in bathrooms than men...I could be wrong. If you read my posts you would see that personally I can not stand public washrooms and only use them when totally desperate....so....you like picking on people....shooo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 10:44 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,388,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
.......under threat of loss of Federal funding.

Get the Feds out of our schools I say.

Maybe he was born a she. That would explain the whole controversy around his birth. :grin:

This entire bathroom issue is a progressive soulution looking for a problem that affects a handful of kids. Sheer progressive lunacy.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:45 AM

42,757 posts, read 26,002,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is discovery completed? No. Stay tuned...
no, that won't work. You made the claim that this revelation of yours, that a student exposed their genitalia is in the lawsuit. I already posted a link to the lawsuit and it's not in there. If it were going to be part of discovery it would be mentioned in the lawsuit. The plaintiff had an obligation to make such a claim part of their lawsuit, they can't hold it in reserve during discovery which you clearly know nothing about.

At some point you might want to admit that you were mistaken because that would be better than leaving readers with the impression that this was an intentional fabrication.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
No....I just imagine that woman tend to socialize more in bathrooms than men...I could be wrong. If you read my posts you would see that personally I can not stand public washrooms and only use them when totally desperate....so....you like picking on people....shooo
That's the problem with imagining. I've been around for nearly 7 decades and I have never socialized with the woman pooping in the stall next to me.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:48 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,213,591 times
Quote:
Personally, I think Obama SHOULD insist on starving poor kids (no federally-funded free school breakfast, lunch, etc.) unless everyone allows their MINOR children to have to unwillingly submit to FELONY indecent exposure at school.

Go ahead, Obama... DO IT! I DARE you!
Oh, man. I wish my education had prepared me for the ability to debate words in all caps...

I've only partially followed this issue. But what Obama is saying, as I understand it, is that transgendered students should be allowed to use the restroom that corresponds with their gender identity. I don't know if you've ever been to a public restroom, but they have these things called stalls (would it help if I wrote STALLS?). This is where genitals are generally brought out, so it would not in fact be indecent exposure. Especially since, as it already is, a student can report sexual harassment is someone exposes themselves at inappropriate times in any bathroom or place.

Point being, regardless of your stance on if you think transgendered people should be able to use the restroom they identity with, your association of this issue with indecent exposure makes absolutely no sense. Even if it's minor... excuse, MINOR children, which is a weirdly restaurant thing to call them.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:50 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,096,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You think that even in the Bigot run States, schoolchildren give a crap who craps in the next stall?
No, I don't. And I'm very much against laws discriminatory towards transgenders.

But the penalty Obama's suggesting, cutting federal funding, will only harm the kids.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:53 AM

88,672 posts, read 44,444,073 times
Quote:
no, that won't work.
Works for federal court. Why not for you?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Oh, man. I wish my education had prepared me for the ability to debate words in all caps...

I've only partially followed this issue. But what Obama is saying, as I understand it, is that transgendered students should be allowed to use the restroom that corresponds with their gender identity.
No. It's not just restrooms. It involves multiple occupancy changing/locker/shower rooms, as well. There's already an incidient in an IL school district in which a MTF trans student exposed his penis in the girls' locker/shower room facilities.

And a public PA university expelled a FTM trans student with a vagina for repeatedly using the multiple occupancy men's facilities on campus. That expulsion was upheld by federal court in 2015:
Quote:
"This case arises from Plaintiff Seamus Johnston’s allegations that Defendants discriminated against him based on his sex and his transgender status(1) by prohibiting him from using sex-segregated locker rooms and restrooms that were designated for men. Although the parties have submitted lengthy briefs and have advanced numerous arguments, this case presents one central question: whether a university, receiving federal funds, engages in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus. The simple answer is no."

(1) Plaintiff was born a female but identifies as a transgender male."
http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

Old 05-14-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Works for federal court. Why not for you?
Nope, no courts, state or federal allow you to introduce a new claim that is not part of the lawsuit during discovery. Please take a moment and read the definition of discovery:

"Discovery, a pre-trial procedure in a lawsuit in which each party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the other party or parties by means of discovery devices such as a request for answers to interrogatories, request for production of documents, request for admissions and depositions"

I hate to repeat myself, but I am still waiting for you to provide a source for your claim that a student in Illinois exposed their genitalia to other students....

Old 05-14-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Nope, no courts
Too late. it's already gone to court. And I specifically DID mention discovery. Not all evidence produced by discovery is included in the initial filing. It's presented as evidence during the trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies