Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 11:25 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
How do you keep sexual predators out of anywhere, period?
They could be reported and rousted before. Now? Not so easy. All they have to do is "claim" to be "transexual."

BOOM!!! INSTANT access to female victims in a vulnerable state, no questions asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 11:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They could be reported and rousted before. Now? Not so easy. All they have to do is "claim" to be "transexual."

BOOM!!! INSTANT access to female victims in a vulnerable state, no questions asked.
No way. Being transsexual is not a licence to harass females. They can be in there and go about their business, but if they so much as stare at women, they'll still be subject to the same consequences.

I don't know if you're male or female, but I'm a woman, and in my experience, it's understood that in changing rooms and the like, you don't ever even look at someone while they're changing. Someone who broke that code would prove out of place very quickly.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
No way. Being transsexual is not a licence to harass females.
"Claiming" to be "transexual" with no clear legal definition of exactly who is a transexual, and no one enforcing admission to single-sex facilities is a free license to harass females.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:37 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Ok, I said I was done, but you sucked me back in. So you're saying that if a sexual predator is caught doing whatever sick crap they do, all the offender has to say is, "why no officer, I wasn't raping that woman, I was urinating and I am transgender anyway". Then the cop says, " oh right you are then sir...on your way. Enjoy the rest of your day!"

Old 05-14-2016, 11:42 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
No way. Being transsexual is not a licence to harass females. They can be in there and go about their business, but if they so much as stare at women, they'll still be subject to the same consequences.

I don't know if you're male or female, but as a woman, it's understood that in changing rooms and the like, you don't ever even look at someone while they're changing. Someone who broke that code would prove out of place very quickly.
That is not what IC said. Someone can claim to be a transsexual and have access.

I suspect much of the aprehension to this is people will be intimidated to report inappropriate behavior by a member of the opposite sex due to fear of being accused of intolerance.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Ok, I said I was done, but you sucked me back in. So you're saying that if a sexual predator is caught doing whatever sick crap they do, all the offender has to say is, "why no officer, I wasn't raping that woman, I was urinating and I am transgender anyway". Then the cop says, " oh right you are then sir...on your way. Enjoy the rest of your day!"
Why permit them LEGAL access to girls/women in such facilities to begin with? All they have to do is say they "identify" as "transgender" and they can get as close to semi-naked or naked girls/women as they want in multiple occupancy changing/ locker/shower/etc. rooms.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:44 AM

599 posts, read 401,648 times
I think transgenders were fine before this whole restroom issue came to light they were likely using the restroom of their choice without anyone batting an eye.

Me personally I am very supportive of the LGBT community through some form of compromise will have to be reached as there is no middle ground in this argument so far it's either transgenders can go wherever they want or its transgenders have no choice at all.

Congress and our nation should start having a serious conversation of this subject as I can tell you most Americans may be supportive of same sex marriage but this whole transgender issue is very new and we have to look at it very closely.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:47 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
This is the same old same old...it is the redefinition of sex itself...just like the redefinition of marriage...the redefinition of assisted suicide...that is now called assisted death. Everything is being redefined. Reality itself is being redefined...now we have a thing called virtual reality that many are embracing is that real reality.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That is not what IC said. Someone can claim to be a transsexual and have access.

I suspect much of the aprehension to this is people will be intimidated to report inappropriate behavior by a member of the opposite sex due to fear of being accused of intolerance.
Exactly, but not only that... If law enforcement authorities know they can take no action against someone who "claims" to be "transgender," they simply won't respond to a complaint or plea for help.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:52 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

That's why I suggested offering the option for transsexuals to have their forms of IDs modified for free to reflect the gender they identify with. That will help weed out the creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies