Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 07:56 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dallas View Post
The numbers go like this: 61% of the population receiving welfare, listed as "means-tested cash assistance" by the Census Bureau, is identified as white, while only 33% is identified as black. These numbers notwithstanding, the Republican version of "political correctness" has given us "welfare cheat" as a new term for African American since the early days of Ronald Reagan. Yet if the Lakers were 61% white and on a winning streak, would we be calling them a "black team"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
33% is a high number for 12% of the population. And that "61% white" must include Hispanics.
Don't confuse him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:57 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
In a few decades, whites will no longer be the majority. America will be an even more diverse nation. With Democratic policies, we will have many immigrants from 3rd world countries all living right next door to us! Are you excited for this?
Nothing to be excited about. Do you think there will be a country left? I doubt it.

Last edited by NCN; 05-15-2016 at 08:08 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 08:00 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Multi-culturalism weakens a nation.

I am not referring to people's private daily lives but in the public arena, in our common interactions.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Oh really, so which cultures are you speaking about then?

As for those that come here illegally, the problem isn't the illegals, but the real problem is those who employ illegals. If we start fining and arresting employers who break the law, then that would solve the problem with illegals real quick.

U.S. culture of course. Our identifying one and our identifying language. Both the employers and the illegals are equally guilty they are both breaking the law and they know it. I would like to see e-verify mandated across the board to stop both of them. Jobs aren't the only incentive that brings them here though benefits and birthright citizenship are the other incentives. Remove them all and they will stop coming.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:39 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
33% is a high number for 12% of the population. And that "61% white" must include Hispanics.
African American's have a reason being that Jim Crow was just a few decades ago. What's the excuse for poor whites? And please wake up if you believe there aren't poor whites or that they are 'Hispanics'. I grew up in the deep south, where there are rows and rows of trailer home parks filled with poor white people all over the place.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:40 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
U.S. culture of course. Our identifying one and our identifying language. Both the employers and the illegals are equally guilty they are both breaking the law and they know it. I would like to see e-verify mandated across the board to stop both of them. Jobs aren't the only incentive that brings them here though benefits and birthright citizenship are the other incentives. Remove them all and they will stop coming.
There is no such thing as US culture because culture varies from region to region in the US. Not everyone goes around eating fast food, watching football, praying to Jesus that some random team is gonna win the game, owning several gas guzzling cars, living in suburbia. My culture is much different than yours, yet we are both in the US. American culture is made up of random different types of culture.

You can pretend that it is possible to get rid of all the illegals in the US, but that is a fictional dream if they have employers willing to pay them illegally. That is how you stop illegals from coming here because there would be no way to make any money to live here.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:42 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post

You can pretend that it is possible to get rid of all the illegals in the US, but that is a fictional dream if they have employers willing to pay them illegally. That is how you stop illegals from coming here because there would be no way to make any money to live here.

Amen. We have no idea how many there really are, where they live, where they work, eat, etc.

A perfectly functional gov't would find the task of removing millions impossible , even if they knew where they all were.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
African American's have a reason being that Jim Crow was just a few decades ago. What's the excuse for poor whites? And please wake up if you believe there aren't poor whites or that they are 'Hispanics'. I grew up in the deep south, where there are rows and rows of trailer home parks filled with poor white people all over the place.
Then PLEASE tell us why Black people TODAY have a higher percentage of "their own" on food stamps than 50 years ago.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen. We have no idea how many there really are, where they live, where they work, eat, etc.

A perfectly functional gov't would find the task of removing millions impossible , even if they knew where they all were.
Let's see: E verify, allow the cops to arrest ANY known illegal alien AND keep their kind locked up till being deported. Word WILL get out real fast the US ain't playing anymore and, MOST illegals will leave with the few hard heads laying real low.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:20 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
In a few decades, whites will no longer be the majority. America will be an even more diverse nation. With Democratic policies, we will have many immigrants from 3rd world countries all living right next door to us! Are you excited for this?
For me, of English/Polish descent, this is not really an issue. Before I retired, I worked with others who came here from many parts of the world. People are people; some I liked and some I didn't care for, just like people who were born here. My neighborhood is a mixture and I have lived here over 20 years without any problems. At the present time, whites not being a majority in the US is really not high on my list of things to keep me awake at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies