Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 09:25 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
For me, of English/Polish descent, this is not really an issue. Before I retired, I worked with others who came here from many parts of the world. People are people; some I liked and some I didn't care for, just like people who were born here. My neighborhood is a mixture and I have lived here over 20 years without any problems. At the present time, whites not being a majority in the US is really not high on my list of things to keep me awake at night.

I don't really have any concerns about whites fading out or whatever, I'm a white guy and as long as we treat each other well I couldn't really care less if I become a minority. If I do it's going to be a long long time before whites are a small minority, so even if I gave a rip it's not something that at my age I'd have to worry about anyways, if I were inclined to worry about it to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 09:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't really have any concerns about whites fading out or whatever, I'm a white guy and as long as we treat each other well I couldn't really care less if I become a minority. If I do it's going to be a long long time before whites are a small minority, so even if I gave a rip it's not something that at my age I'd have to worry about anyways, if I were inclined to worry about it to begin with.
Agreed and; as time goes on, the dishonest "Hispanic" tag will go back away and most of them WILL ID as "white" again. Too; the birthrate In the Latino world's dropping faster and faster.

Black people: they're starting to fade out as a separate "race" between low birthrates and with more and more "quadroons" on out also ID'ing as anglo white. Same with Asian/white mixes.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:31 PM

404 posts, read 366,535 times
Im ok with it, and I can't wait! I like different people with different cultures, and I also like learning new languages as English gets boring to me after a while.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:38 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I don't really identify that much with race so to me this isn't really a big deal to me. I thnk making a big deal out of your race or ethnicity is silly to me, I've always thought is was sorta silly, to be proud of some BS that you didn't have any control of anyways seems juvenile to me. I'd rather get to know people and their stories instead of worrying about whether they are white or black or French or Italian or whatever, all of that stuff is secondary to me, a person's story is much more important to me.

That's probably how I'd define "diverse" is what is your story, what do you bring to the table in terms of your life, your experiences, your thoughts, views, and ideas.

Race is just a checkbox on a form to me.......

Old 05-15-2016, 09:38 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Let's see: E verify, allow the cops to arrest ANY known illegal alien AND keep their kind locked up till being deported. Word WILL get out real fast the US ain't playing anymore and, MOST illegals will leave with the few hard heads laying real low.
They would still come here as long as employers are willing to pay them illegally to work. If you want to stop illegals from coming to the US, go after those that hire illegals.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:39 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Let's see: E verify, allow the cops to arrest ANY known illegal alien AND keep their kind locked up till being deported. Word WILL get out real fast the US ain't playing anymore and, MOST illegals will leave with the few hard heads laying real low.

First step: Get rogue employers to use it. You don't think your neighbor, the contractor, goes to Lowes at 6 am daily to get supplies, right?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
African American's have a reason being that Jim Crow was just a few decades ago. What's the excuse for poor whites? And please wake up if you believe there aren't poor whites or that they are 'Hispanics'. I grew up in the deep south, where there are rows and rows of trailer home parks filled with poor white people all over the place.
Of course there are also poor whites, for ye have the poor with you always. But the problem has always been much worse among blacks, and over the past 50 years America has, foolishly, imported a second entrenched underclass with poor Hispanics now outnumbering poor blacks.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:11 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Agreed and; as time goes on, the dishonest "Hispanic" tag will go back away and most of them WILL ID as "white" again. Too; the birthrate In the Latino world's dropping faster and faster.

Black people: they're starting to fade out as a separate "race" between low birthrates and with more and more "quadroons" on out also ID'ing as anglo white. Same with Asian/white mixes.
Are you posting from some alternate reality?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:12 PM

248 posts, read 172,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dallas View Post
The numbers go like this: 61% of the population receiving welfare, listed as "means-tested cash assistance" by the Census Bureau, is identified as white, while only 33% is identified as black. These numbers notwithstanding, the Republican version of "political correctness" has given us "welfare cheat" as a new term for African American since the early days of Ronald Reagan. Yet if the Lakers were 61% white and on a winning streak, would we be calling them a "black team"?
Those numbers are very misleading as they are based on total recipients receiving benefits and not the total population. Whites represent more than 70% of the total population so whites will lead in most demographics categorized by race...simple arithmetic.

Taken from here: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...5/cb15-97.html

Who Participated in 2012?

Children under age 18: Those under 18 were more likely to receive means-tested benefits than all other age groups.
o In an average month, 39.2 percent of children received some type of means-tested
benefit, compared with 16.6 percent of people age 18 to 64 and 12.6 percent of people
65 and older.

The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.

Female-householder families: At 50 percent, people in female-householder families had the highest rates of participation in major means-tested programs.
o The rates for people in married-couple families and male-householder families were 14.7
percent and 29.5 percent, respectively.

Non-high school graduates: 37.3 percent of people who did not graduate from high school received means-tested benefits.
o 21.6 percent of high school graduates and 9.6 percent of individuals with one or more
years of college participated in one of the major means-tested government assistance
programs.

The unemployed: In an average month, 33.5 percent of the unemployed received means-tested benefits in an average month of 2012.
o By comparison, 25.3 percent of those not in the labor force, 17.6 percent of part-time
workers, and 6.7 percent of full-time workers participated in means-tested programs.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Are you posting from some alternate reality?
Nope. I've known pasty white skinned several people who had 1 Black grandparent and they ALL self ID'd as "white".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies