Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 02:29 AM

788 posts, read 512,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I'll bet your really fun at a BBQ. I can imagine you going postal over the evils of charcoal and how Kingsford are like the 4th Reich to you for all the innocent children that suffered and died as a result of "second hand" Charcoal fumes..
Take a dose of "grow-up" and post in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 04:09 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE
Unless the person that is an alcoholic, has an attitude problem while drunk, or does dangerous things, then it's the smoker that's most irritating. Second hand smoke can be a death sentence.
Indeed.....A good reply mate!

Old 05-18-2016, 07:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I suppose this thread proves why, over the last 25 years, great political and public pressure was needed to end smoking/severely restrict it outside of the home.

Smokers just don't get it.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:56 AM

788 posts, read 512,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I suppose this thread proves why, over the last 25 years, great political and public pressure was needed to end smoking/severely restrict it outside of the home.

Progress has been made, but their is much more to do.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:03 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Your ignorance is astounding, stupefying and stinks almost as bad to tobacco addicts and their filth

As far as car exhaust, you must be stuck in 1950. Cars nowadays are virtually non-polluting, and in come cases, their exhaust is cleaning than the air they take in. Almost all CO2 and water.

I suggest you quit making these pathetic lame excuses and man-up and start respecting others - if you think you can.
I suggest you drive down to Los Angeles from the north and tell me that the giant haze over the city has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the crap that comes out of cars. Your car exhaust causes more damage to lungs than second hand smoke...but what can I expect from bubble heads who buy in to every bit of propaganda that they are told to think. The bleating is extremely loud.

I suggest you quit making pathetic excuses to act superior to others when you and your ilk do just as much damage to other peoples health and the environment. You aren't clean there, sparky. Your insults towards others does not negate your own actions that are just as vile and filthy, disgusting and putrid as any smokers....man up and start respecting others and the environment that you have a part in destroying - if you think you can.

What I hate more than smokers and alcoholics: Arrogant people who actually believe they have no faults that affect others. Get rid of arrogance first, then we can talk about smokers and alcoholics.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 05-18-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 05-18-2016, 12:25 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Did you know that the Native Americans who lived in the San Fernando valley called it "the Valley of the Smokes", because smoke could not escape it even then?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
It's very frustrating to see an alcoholic basically destroy themselves and its affect on their families....I feel sadness for the alcoholics and their families. Smoking is more of an irritation.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:17 PM

15 posts, read 15,519 times
The question in the title is different than the one here. The title of this thread asked whether we were more irritated by smokers or alcoholics. When I think of an alcoholic having any effect on me, my mind automatically jumps to one behind the wheel...which is a terrifying thought. And, for the most part, smokers are not a group of people I fear being behind the wheel.
Just in a public setting, I can't stand to be around cigarette smoke. I can't breathe, it hurts my eyes, my clothes and hair reek after I've been around any cigarette smoke. If at all possible, I will just remove myself from that situation. You can't call a casual drinker an alcoholic. Regardless, even if the question posed really was comparing a smoker and an alcoholic, you don't always know that a person is an alcoholic. I'm assuming you are equating alcoholism with acting drunk and disorderly (loud and obnoxious, or violent, mean, whatever) behaviour. Obviously that is bad to be around too.
If we are talking a moderate smoker and a moderate drinker, I'll take the drinker. I can't breathe around the smoke. A moderate drinker's actions aren't hurting me (1 or 2 glasses of wine). Even someone drinking more than that, I'd rather be around. I reiterate...I can't breathe around cigarette smoke!!

Old 05-18-2016, 01:30 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

please elaborate what smokers "dont get"...

Old 05-18-2016, 02:16 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
please elaborate what smokers "dont get"...
That cigarette smoke is smelly and causes health problems for anyone near the smoker (regardless if they are currently blazing or not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies