Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 11:34 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal Democrat and I really resent having to present a picture ID card to the Registrar before I obtain a ballot to vote. I am willing to announce in public my name and address to the official but requiring me to present a picture presumes I am a liar. I am insulted by that presumption.

The principal reason for these laws is to restrict the right to vote to the proper people (white, middle income or above, conservative) while excluding the poor, disabled and elderly.

When you are asked for your ID in other situations, such as when cashing a check, are you insulted then as well? It's the same presumption, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 11:34 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Is it really fiscally responsible to spend so much time, money, and effort to stamp out a problem that is so minuscule and small? It would be like having my entire house fumigated because I found one tiny ant in my basement.
There is never just one ant, termite or mouse. By the time you see one, there is an infestation. In my opinion, voter fraud is the same way.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:47 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
I am a Liberal Democrat and I really resent having to present a picture ID card to the Registrar before I obtain a ballot to vote. I am willing to announce in public my name and address to the official but requiring me to present a picture presumes I am a liar. I am insulted by that presumption.
You liberals are an easily insulted bunch aren't you?

So, let me get this straight, we should just do away with ID'S altogether and just take people's word for who they claim to be? Sure, just write me a check ... no need for an ID ... I trust you

This, therein lies the basis for why us common sense folks fear liberals running the country.

Quote:
The principal reason for these laws is to restrict the right to vote to the proper people (white, middle income or above, conservative) while excluding the poor, disabled and elderly.
Are you suggesting that us racists whites discriminate against other racist whites just because they are elderly racist whites? Or are you suggesting that upon reaching that magic age defined as elderly (whatever age that might be), we racist whites cease to be racist whites and now become victims of younger racist whites?

May I suggest an alternative viewpoint? Methinks you are in need of professional help.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:55 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The era of Democrats perfect exploitation of race to implement a liberal agenda is over. You're race card has expired.

Drop the race bating and get on with debating the matter of keeping our country prosperous and free.
What I find hilarious right now is all the screeching of "voter fraud" by the far left Sanders supporters, with regard to the DNC and Hillary. Funny thing is that most (all?) closed Dem primaries and caucuses require ID to enter/vote. Dems are so afraid of Democrat vote fraud at the primary...but when the general comes up we're just supposed to accept that it doesn't happen then.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:56 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
There is never just one ant, termite or mouse. By the time you see one, there is an infestation. In my opinion, voter fraud is the same way.
Saying, "Well, there must be more", doesn't always make it so. The burden of proof lies with the accusers to prove there is significant voter fraud. They have never been able to do so.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:58 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Saying, "Well, there must be more", doesn't always make it so. The burden of proof lies with the accusers to prove there is significant voter fraud. They have never been able to do so.
How can you without checking ID's? I swear the leftwing mind is devoid of critical thinking.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:

Oh give me a break.....

I don't care what your political leanings may be but the world is not sunshine and unicorns, people lie and requesting what is a normal in life item is not unreasonable. You can shout it from the roof tops but that won't add validity to the statements you make. As for the "poor, disabled, and elderly" I am sure most have a form of ID to receive their Social Assistance in whatever form they are eligible.

Should your credit card number ever be improperly used don't get angry I am sure the user was able to stand there and clearly state the name on the card because the clerk didn't bother to ask for an ID Card..

Old 05-17-2016, 12:02 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
How can you without checking ID's? I swear the leftwing mind is devoid of critical thinking.
My issue isn't with the premise of Voter ID, in and of itself. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is how right after they passed the law, they started making it harder to actually get an ID by slashing DMV hours across the state, etc. Those actions, coupled with the information in the article I linked to, shows what their intent really was.

Enough with the *wink wink, nudge nudge* stuff about eliminating voter fraud, OK?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:03 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Suddenly liberals care about fiscal responsibility. Now that's rich.
Hahaha ... That is funny.

The bribe taking politicians can spend hundreds of millions on campaigns, and the liberals are worried that simply checking someone's ID at the voting booth, to ensure the integrity of our Democratic process, is just too expensive?

Tell that to the dozens of Bars in every city that check everyone's ID to make sure they are of legal age.

Tell that to California who now wants to check everyone's ID at the thousands of convenience stores just to purchase a pack of cigarettes.

But to safeguard the integrity of our election process, and prevent the subversion of our voter laws, checking ID's would be an irresponsible waste of money, and also offensive to people because we refuse to take their word for who they are?

We are quickly becoming a Nation of Nitwits.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:14 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
The Voter ID crowd embarrassed themselves in the courts when it was found that the "problem" of fraudulent voting isn`t a problem at all.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...Vt6W_blog.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies