Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 12:16 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times

Advertisements

The Pa. House Majority leader let the cat out of the bag when he revealed what the push for voter ID was all about.

Turzai: Voter ID Law Means Romney Can Win in PA | PoliticsPA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 12:16 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Hahaha ... That is funny.

The bribe taking politicians can spend hundreds of millions on campaigns, and the liberals are worried that simply checking someone's ID at the voting booth, to ensure the integrity of our Democratic process, is just too expensive?

Tell that to the dozens of Bars in every city that check everyone's ID to make sure they are of legal age.

Tell that to California who now wants to check everyone's ID at the thousands of convenience stores just to purchase a pack of cigarettes.

But to safeguard the integrity of our election process, and prevent the subversion of our voter laws, checking ID's would be an irresponsible waste of money, and also offensive to people because we refuse to take their word for who they are?

We are quickly becoming a Nation of Nitwits.
Yep......and the only thing worse than a nitwit is a nitwit with an agenda.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:08 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
the people that making it impossible to own a gun with paperwork, cry like little girls when ask for voter ids

Old 05-17-2016, 09:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no question why they enacted these laws, it was to exclude minorities and elderly. Voter fraud is almost non-existent.
Bull, my mom is elderly and she is able to produce an ID to vote. And you're telling me someone who isn't 76 years old can't do what she can?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal Democrat and I really resent having to present a picture ID card to the Registrar before I obtain a ballot to vote.
Should I resent having to show my ID to get a job?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The truth is coming into the light due to a trial here in Wisconsin. Republicans must be so proud of themselves and their behavior! Being "giddy" about disenfranchising people...how low can you get?

Former Republican staffer names Wisconsin senators who were 'giddy' about voting law changes | Politics and Elections | host.madison.com
Registered Democrat here

This should't be a partisan issue. No ID, no vote. Letting people vote without a picture ID is an embarrassment to the voting system. Anyone that argues with this needs their head checked.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The Pa. House Majority leader let the cat out of the bag when he revealed what the push for voter ID was all about.

Turzai: Voter ID Law Means Romney Can Win in PA | PoliticsPA
Yea I believe that. I remember when the judge said we had to produce an ID, then the government sent them back to the drawing board and then we didn't have to produce an ID.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:20 PM

Which is harder: getting voter ID or doing your taxes?

If it's too hard to comply with the law is invalid – then what about doing your taxes? Filling out all those complex forms is much, much more difficult than getting an ID from a DMV office.

And yet laws requiring payment of taxes haven't been struck down as "discriminating against poor people and minorities."

Do you think the "earned income" tax credit might be struck down too, as it too is too difficult to apply for?

Last edited by petch751; 05-17-2016 at 09:33 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 09:23 PM

The crusade against voter ID laws is the new front in the Left's perennial campaign to convince Americans that Jim Crow is lurking just around the corner.

We can chalk the Left's position on voter IDs to opportunism: they know that voter IDs can, at least mitigate election fraud. But this explanation overlooks the larger point...

The Left's opposition to voter IDs is rooted in its ambivalence to representative democracy.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal Democrat and I really resent having to present a picture ID card to the Registrar before I obtain a ballot to vote. I am willing to announce in public my name and address to the official but requiring me to present a picture presumes I am a liar. I am insulted by that presumption.

The principal reason for these laws is to restrict the right to vote to the proper people (white, middle income or above, conservative) while excluding the poor, disabled and elderly.
Are you talking about the elderly lady in North Carolina that was planning to travel 4 hours to Raleigh to demonstrate but it was too hard for her to get to the DMV in her own town to get a free ID? Maybe those who are so busy demonstrating against needing an ID should spend the time helping their elderly and poor neighbors get to the DMV for their free ID.

As for me, I am tired of legal residents of NJ voting in the NC elections. Haven't they made a big enough mess in their own state. I don't want them messing up our state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies