Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 02:59 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I remember they uncovered a marriage cert that describes Warren's great, great.... great grandmother as Native. It was not enough evidence to officially enter her into the tribe. But we are not talking about her being officially recognized here, the question is whether she has some Native gene and most likely she does.

And what's so offensive about calling Trump a Hitler?
this CDF moderator feels that since Hitler was an evil person it is offensive but since Pocahantas was a heroine, it is okay to label an Indian American blooded American sarcastically with this stereotype label.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 03:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
this CDF moderator feels that since Hitler was an evil person it is offensive but since Pocahantas was a heroine, it is okay to label an Indian American blooded American sarcastically with this stereotype label.
False !!! She has no N.A. blood. Hitler is a red flag that ends any serious discussion concerning current candidates. My family owns land on the Rosebud Res we aren't offended by Pocahontas as used by Trump.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:07 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The hypocrisy of democrats is a never ending story. From insider trading and cattle futures by Hillary to flipping houses and acting like a bank during the financial crisis to enrich her family like Pocahontas.

Hypocritical Elizabeth Warren Turned Profit Flipping Foreclosed Houses - Breitbart

Harsh Foreclosure Critic Elizabeth Warren Reportedly Made a Fortune…’Flipping’ Foreclosed Homes | TheBlaze.com
Nothing wrong with making money flipping houses. Better than to let them rot.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
False !!! She has no N.A. blood. Hitler is a red flag that ends any serious discussion concerning current candidates. My family owns land on the Rosebud Res we aren't offended by Pocahontas as used by Trump.
I'm half German and don't mind Germans being called Krauts. But nonetheless it's offensive to Germans. You (or I) don't speak for an entire race of people. Whether the label fits or doesn't fit Warren, it's an offensive name for the reporter I linked above. She told Trump this but he bluntly ignored her request. He's a major butthole.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:38 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Whaaat? She didn't do that! The contractors, the masons, the electricians, and the plumbers did that!

Ohhhh LOL..BUT she paid for those masons, electricians and plumbers out of her own pocket..NOT Taxpayer funding..UUUUGE Difference... I do get your referance tho..That companies use infrastructure to conduct business ( which was paid for by taxpayers) comment.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:43 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter if the label doesn't fit. Its racially offensive. If I call a white guy a n-word, is that okay since he's white and not African American? Nope.

BTW, she's 1/32 Native American.
Hmmm...the Cherokees say she's 0/32 Native American.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Hmmm...the Cherokees say she's 0/32 Native American.
you apologist will allow Trump to commit murder on 42nd Street in broad daylight and still suck up to him - so I'd expect you not to be offended by dim witted remarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9K2AsMAxWA

Old 05-26-2016, 04:22 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Nice to see Sen. Warren has gotten to Don the Nut and the people he has conned into voting for him.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
I'm half German and don't mind Germans being called Krauts. But nonetheless it's offensive to Germans. You (or I) don't speak for an entire race of people. Whether the label fits or doesn't fit Warren, it's an offensive name for the reporter I linked above. She told Trump this but he bluntly ignored her request. He's a major butthole.
You say : You (or I) don't speak for an entire race of people.

I say that reporter is only one voice also and is in the same position as us. You want to offer the reporter up as the spokesperson of N.A. I don't buy that and nether did Trump. When the butthole closes don't get strangled.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:10 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Default Donald Trump, Elizabeth Warren, and Pocahontas

Since Donald Trump obviously doesn't have the good sense to put his "Pocahontas" remarks in context, I guess I will.

There's a good reason that Trump mockingly refers to Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas"... and it's NOT because she's a Native American. In fact, it's because she isn't.... but claims, or rather, claimed, to be. Warren figured out a long time ago that she could get further ahead in her academic career ( affirmative action and all ) if she represented herself as a Native American on official forms, and she was right, it worked. Harvard even touted her as a minority woman faculty member, but once Harvard Law School gave her tenure ( it's almost impossible to get rid of a professor with tenure ) all of a sudden she quit checking off the Native American box... She actually said outlandish, ridiculous, offensive things like " pop-pop had those high check bones" and even cited sending recipes in to a Native American cook book as evidence of her Native American ancestry. Her claims have been pretty thoroughly debunked even by a group of Cherokee genealogists.

So why is this a big deal? Well frankly, it goes straight to the heart of her character and credibility.. She took advantage of opportunities specially set aside for people at actual disadvantage, and exploited them for her own gain. The evidence for this is fairly overwhelming. Look and decide for yourself...

Elizabeth Warren Native American / Cherokee Controversy « Elizabeth Warren Wiki

Just thought I'd start a thread about this to give proper context to people who may not understand why Trump is calling her Pocahontas and think it's just another of his racial slurs.... It's not. It's because she's a fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies