Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 12:34 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times

Advertisements

Trump wants South Korea and Japan to pay us for our troops and naval presence
which is there to protect them. These countries have some of the most profitable
companies on Earth. They are first-rate nations. And we're supposed to keep
constantly spending our money to protect them when we have a 20 Trillion debt ?
Here, listen to him say this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 12:37 PM

39,227 posts, read 27,597,823 times
All clear thinking Japanese love Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7S5eXuE7p0

Old 05-21-2016, 12:40 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
lol What are you afraid of? Who are you to tell another country NOT to have nuclear weapons?
Have you ever heard of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons?
If the US gives nukes to Japan, what prevents Russia and China giving nukes to Cuba, Pakistan etc.?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Have you ever heard of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons?
If the US gives nukes to Japan, what prevents Russia and China giving nukes to Cuba, Pakistan etc.?
If America decided to sell nukes to Japan, for American interests, then yes, that will be wonderful.
China should be controlled, and Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam will help.

Sometime, round 2030, China is likely to pass the US in industrial strength; and about 2040 they'll probably pass the US in terms of standing military strength (though, the raw power of this may well be diverted to suppressing and monitoring a restless population that the government fears mightily).

Are you okay with it? I am not. (I love Chinese people, don't get me wrong.) America should be the world leader, without making sacrifices.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:56 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If America decided to sell nukes to Japan, for American interests, then yes, that will be wonderful.
China should be controlled, and Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam will help.
Answer my question. If the US breaks the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, what prevents Russia and China giving nukes to Cuba, Pakistan, Iran, Venezuela etc. Do not dodge it.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Now I am of Chinese and Taiwanese descent, and despite the WW2 history, I can honestly say I don't think modern day Japan is interested in imperialism and starting another war or expanding its territory. The Japanese right wing is mostly about stopping illegal immigration within its borders, etc much like the European right wing. Japan today is not and is highly unlikely to become a threat to America. At the most, Japan is an ally and them having nukes would be like the British and Israelis having nukes.

We should be much more worried about the Communist governments in China (which my ancestors had to escape) and North Korea.

The most dangerous scenarios would be if Iran is able to build a nuke (Obama has made this much more likely) or if there is an Islamic coup in Pakistan that takes over the government and its nuclear arsenal. The Chinese and North Korean regimes are evil but still rational and care about their own survival. Mutually assured destruction won't work with Iran or other Muslim groups, because won't care if Iran is destroyed in a nuclear retaliation. They don't care if they die because they will be in paradise with the 72 virgins.
which is why Japan respects Taiwan. The feeling is mutual.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Answer my question. If the US breaks the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, what prevents Russia and China giving nukes to Cuba, Pakistan, Iran, Venezuela etc. Do not dodge it.
Nothing prevents Russia and China giving nukes to all these countries. They perhaps already did lol

What is there to dodge? lol

Old 05-21-2016, 01:05 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Why would I care if Japan has nukes?

Old 05-21-2016, 01:25 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I'm not a supporter of Trump, but for other reasons. However, I'm more afraid of North Korea having nukes. North Korea hates the USA, and their population has been easily lead by despots over the last 63 years. At least for Iran, there are far more people who can think for themselves. North Korea is more of a threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies