Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If a sex offender wants to assault you, he/she will do it whether they're technically allowed in the bathroom or not; they don't exactly follow rules.
You believe opportunity and the chance to do their thing without raising suspicion and possibly being caught matter not at all to sex offenders? Do you also not lock your doors when you go out because, if a burglar wants to enter your house...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:40 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You believe opportunity and the chance to do their thing without raising suspicion and possibly being caught matter not at all to sex offenders? Do you also not lock your doors when you go out because, if a burglar wants to enter your house...?
I lock the doors. I also lock the stall door. And if a criminal wants to get into either, they can find ways to get through or around the doors. Also, when I pee at the urinal, I do my thing discretely as most do and don't put a lot of worry into someone trying to peer over and stare at my stuff.

Are you also so freaked out about the prospect of gay sex offenders in men's bathrooms? After all, they've always been allowed in there.

You think some compulsive rapist is going to rape less because there isn't an open Target bathroom policy? Get real.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
I lock the doors. I also lock the stall door. And if a criminal wants to get into either, they can find ways to get through or around the doors. Also, when I pee at the urinal, I do my thing discretely as most do and don't put a lot of worry into someone trying to peer over and stare at my stuff.
... more than I needed to know.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... more than I needed to know.
Oh, for God's sake. Everyone needs to poop and pee. It's a basic bodily function. We're grown adults, and most of us can do it discretely without being worried if the person in the stall next door is transgendered or whatever. Who gives a flying ****? I have bigger things in life to worry about. Just take care of your business and go on about your day.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:22 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Oh, for God's sake. Everyone needs to poop and pee. It's a basic bodily function. We're grown adults, and most of us can do it discretely without being worried if the person in the stall next door is transgendered or whatever. Who gives a flying ****? I have bigger things in life to worry about. Just take care of your business and go on about your day.
God, our trips to the toilet are now SO EXCITING.

"Hey girls, wanna go to the clubs?"
"Nah let's party at the beach"
"OMG GUYS I HAVE A BETTER IDEA. LETS GO PINCH A LOAF IN TARGET AND GO TRANNY-SPOTTING"

Old 05-20-2016, 12:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
God, our trips to the toilet are now SO EXCITING.

"Hey girls, wanna go to the clubs?"
"Nah let's party at the beach"
"OMG GUYS I HAVE A BETTER IDEA. LETS GO PINCH A LOAF IN TARGET AND GO TRANNY-SPOTTING"
A lot of the mainstream conservative overtones in these trans arguments are dripping with the stereotypical fear and shame rhetoric related to our bodies, gender, sexuality, and authority that has been going on for years.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:19 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Stupid. What does the girl's father think? Or does she have one?
She probably has a "Fother"

Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh I get their poor attempt at satire. This wasn't written by an actual mom of a six-year-old who looks at her daughter and pictures her chugging beer and having oral sex in a few years. The stuff about swimming in the bathtub with goggles, falling asleep in the bed, loving ponies and the pink bike....Jesus, they forgot the fairytale princess playhouse and the tea party...

The blogger believes women who oppose the bathroom-free-for-all are overly paranoid nutjobs who see sexual predators everywhere they look, so they created an extremist character to mock women. Funny that when I clicked on the link that they said this rant originated from, the page was a blank. Women concerned with safety and privacy are caricatures to this person. Yet another stupid and condescending tactic that won't win anyone to their way of thinking. Between this and the Aimee Toms video, why do pro-coed bathroom people feel the need to lie so much?
agreed

Old 05-20-2016, 06:21 AM

295 posts, read 181,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is silly. But author of the article offers zero solution. This is the whole point. She is really not helping little girls or any women by acting like a drama queen.
It's not an article. It's a rant. Bit different.

Secondly, it's not what mothers teach their children, it's what society teaches them. For example, my daughter takes the bus to school. We live on a fairly busy road with a lot of work trucks. If I don't stand back a bit further from the road, trucks will honk at me almost every day. Most mornings my hair isn't done. I'm not dressed up, I've got a five year old and two year old playing in the driveway behind me. And still, some man will think "yeah, I'll get her attention". It amazes me. When I worked at Dunkin Donuts, men clearly much older than me (I was 20) would hit on me. One tried to ask me out. Why? Because I was at work? What exactly was I doing that suggested I'd like to go out with a random stranger after my shift?? When I said I wasn't interested, he left in a huff. Why? What did I owe him?

Maybe it's just me, but I've not noticed a lot of women intimidating men like this. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it doesn't happen at the same frequency, that's for sure.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:29 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Another hateful man-hater. Too bad her daughter has to be raised by such a negative, hateful person.

I raised my daughter to be CONFIDENT, intelliegent, well educated and to know that she does not need a male to be a happy, productive person. If she marries, it will be out of love and not dependence, as she is independent and productive on her own without any help.

What we need is CONFIDENT women, not HATEFUL women. My wife sure as hell did not need me, as she was an independent, secure professional making a good income when we met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies