Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:19 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,715,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Bush did not prove by his actions that he gives a fig for America or Americans! You have no basis for that statement. Neither Bush's or Obama's legacy is yours to determine, and I am confident that, upon objective review, Obama will be assessed as far, far superior to Bush. As for the rest. With 370 posts under your userid, I have to say this is the most complete lack of respect for ones own avatar I've ever seen.
Bush made mistake but Obama deliberately sank us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 10:29 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,514,113 times
Quote:
Who needs presidents, they're all failures anyway... lets go back to Feudalism
Sort of feels like we're there now.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:36 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,323,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
The difference between Bush and obama is that, at the least, Bush loves America. obama hates America and I hope he lives a short life.
There is a lot of truth here.

GWB was misguided and far from as conservative as I'd like (think NCLB, Medicare Part D, Bailouts, to name a few). That said, I would have trouble making the case that he was an enemy of America or playing for the other side.

On the other hand, I'd have a very difficult time making the case that Obama is America's ally. People get worked up when Obama is called an America hater but, when looking at the evidence, I don't see much evidence to the contrary. Isn't he going to Hiroshima soon? He may not apologize or trash America directly but it wouldn't be surprise me if that is the theme when reading between the lines.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
OP is funny.

There are already documentaries about Obama. Most of them are very positive, some are not.

However, Obama will be remembered for more good than bad IMO. He was a decent president and he had a lot of successes. I also do feel the racial issues that all of the sudden "got worse" (i.e. racist became more vocal) will be heavily studied by historians in regards to the racial climate of the early 21st century in America.

In general Obama will be remembered for orchestrating the kill of OBL. He will be remembered for "Obamacare" (something he publically stated in the 2012 debates that he liked that it was referenced as "Obamacare" because he really does "care" lol, that will be something he is known for based on his name being so closely attached to it). He will be remembered for steering the US through the Great Recession of the early 21st century.

I don't think that any of the negative things that people see him for now will be looked upon in any substantial way because they are miniscule in regards to his entire presidency.

I think you can look toward Reagan for an example. He has many negatives associated with him during his term, many similar to Obama, but the main thing people remember him for was defeating the USSR, saying "tear down that wall," and the good economy in the 1980s.

Both Reagan and Obama are also nice family men who love their wives/children and Obama will be remembered for that IMO.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:52 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,715,855 times
Obama is a decent person and he is well liked. But don't confuse that with decent Presidency. Just like Carter. Nice guy and all but just plain awful.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:05 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,901,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Obama is a decent person and he is well liked. But don't confuse that with decent Presidency. Just like Carter. Nice guy and all but just plain awful.
"Just plain awful" awfully subjective wouldn't you say? And it is. And a majority do not agree with you.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:15 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Barack Obama Legacy will be that he saved the bacon of a lot of people that were going through a recession that was second to none.

And another caveat he also get (a some man been hiding) the most dangerous man in the world with the United States Navy Seal Team 6.
Obama legacy....

Obama = bathroom president

Obama = Welfare president

OH yea, I hear his legacy will also be that "al-queda is on the run" too lol.

Obama set to be US' longest war president. Mr Obama would have a longer tour of duty as a wartime president than Franklin D. Roosevelt, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard M. Nixon and his hero Abraham Lincoln.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:43 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,901,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama set to be US' longest war president. Mr Obama would have a longer tour of duty as a wartime president than Franklin D. Roosevelt, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard M. Nixon and his hero Abraham Lincoln.
It will be noted also that whenever Obama made any hint of leaving any of the active theaters of war that he inherited from the previous administration that the Joint Chiefs and Republicans said "no, hell no!". We remain at war, Guantanemo stays open, and we do not rule out the possibility of war with Iran or North Korea. Left to Obama himself and America would be at peace. I am confident that that side of the story will be told.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While Republicans have done everything they can to bring down Obama through unrelenting hate,venom,vitriol,filibuster,voting no, ,obstruction and 8 years of whining they failed completely and are still left with nothing more than juvenile name calling and ridiculous allegations of the 2X duly elected President of the USA.
In the meantime here is a list of some of Presidents Obamas accomplishments =
PCTC* | THE List of 358 Obama Accomplishments so far, With Citations

Also a list of things he said he would do=
The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Kept | PolitiFact

I think President Obamas legacy will be viewed as positive and favorable in the history books as his vision and actions basically saved a country on the brink of collapse.
This is Obama's accomplishment ...

Obama - May 2016: I will put a man in the bathroom.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
It will be noted also that whenever Obama made any hint of leaving any of the active theaters of war that he inherited from the previous administration that the Joint Chiefs and Republicans said "no, hell no!". We remain at war, Guantanemo stays open, and we do not rule out the possibility of war with Iran or North Korea. Left to Obama himself and America would be at peace. I am confident that that side of the story will be told.
Obama's theater of war is the U.S. Obama's enemy is successful people :roll eyes:

Obama's federal bathroom squeeze:

Obama's war on women and girls. Now your teenage daughter and teenage granddaughters must get past seeing men's junk in the bathroom and gym showers.

In this lunatic liberal Obama world, we place the burden of transgender progress on young girls, telling them to just get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies