Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM

39,024 posts, read 27,423,093 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend's grandpa fought the Japanese during ww2. He was the sweetest guy I have ever met. He said he understood the Japanese soldiers were only doing what they were told to do, he also said atomic bombs were justified. I agree with him.

I can't imagine anybody would want to kill a sweet guy like him, and if the bombs could save just one ally soldier, I would say the bombs were justified. If you don't like it, then don't start the war. It is really that simple.

Iran is one of the world's leading state sponsors of terrorism through its financial and operational support for groups such as Hezbollah, Hamas, and others. Iran could potentially share its nuclear technology and know-how with extremist groups hostile to the United States and the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,214,947 times
I honestly cannot imagine a scenario where the use of nuclear weapons would be justified anywhere, let alone Iran. Iran certainly poses a threat to us, but not on the level that would justify incinerating innocent civilians. We're better than that. I'd like to think we're smarter too. We can come up with a better plan.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:19 PM

25,786 posts, read 16,422,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I honestly cannot imagine a scenario where the use of nuclear weapons would be justified anywhere, let alone Iran. Iran certainly poses a threat to us, but not on the level that would justify incinerating innocent civilians. We're better than that. I'd like to think we're smarter too. We can come up with a better plan.
Totally agree. In this day and age after what we've learned there is no reason for a preemptive nuclear strike.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:22 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,413,583 times
I would only support that if we were attacked with nukes, and the world all sorta keeps itself in check that way, the threat of mutually assured destruction, cause like back in the day, we knew that if we hit Russia/soviet union first, most certainly they'd lob nukes right back at us, so it behooved all to not use nukes, way way too many innocent civilians perished when we nuked Japan.

Imagine that happening in a major metro like NYC or LA???

I think that large first world nations such as Russia, China, and the USA aren't going to just randomly use nukes, it's the smaller less stable countries like N Korea or Iran or other ME countries as they start developing nukes.

That last idiot that was running Iran, Ahmdinnerjacket, he was talking about wiping Israel off of the map, that to me sounds like code speak for nuke attack.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:44 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,249,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That last idiot that was running Iran, Ahmdinnerjacket, he was talking about wiping Israel off of the map, that to me sounds like code speak for nuke attack.
Ahmadinerjacket (Ahmadinejad) didn't run Iran, he didn't have the title of Rahbar-e iran, so he was just window dressing (as is the Presidency).

When the kings jester makes statements, rational people don't take those statements seriously.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:55 PM

30,650 posts, read 21,811,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
A land invasion with 20,000 Americans fatalities. That sounds like DoD proaganda.
That's what they said about Gulf war 1 when Iraq had one of the most powerful Armies in the world. The real scenario is, Iran would have no bases, no bridges, no non-moblie misslile launchers, no servicable aircraft, no ability to communicate, and no water craft over 100 feet long on the first day.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:35 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,413,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Ahmadinerjacket (Ahmadinejad) didn't run Iran, he didn't have the title of Rahbar-e iran, so he was just window dressing (as is the Presidency).

When the kings jester makes statements, rational people don't take those statements seriously.

Given the Jewish people's plight in the 20 century I would think if you've got a "leader" of a country spoutin of things like the stuff he said, one must pay a little attention to it. I get that he's not the supreme leader of the country, but again, why was he allowed to speak such rhetoric and who knows how much control of an actual nuke, assuming they get one or have one that he might have had control of??

When people tell you who they are, you should listen.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:54 PM

Hillary Clinton: “If I’m President, We Will Attack Iran… We would be Able to Totally Obliterate Them.”

Hillary Clinton: “If I’m President, We Will Attack Iran… We would be Able to Totally Obliterate Them.” | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

I don't trust her with nuclear weapons. I know my friends and loved one signed up to served in the Marine Corps, but if they have to die, it is better for a darn good reason.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:58 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,128,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My boyfriend's grandpa fought the Japanese during ww2. He was the sweetest guy I have ever met. He said he understood the Japanese soldiers were only doing what they were told to do, he also said atomic bombs were justified. I agree with him.

I can't imagine anybody would want to kill a sweet guy like him, and if the bombs could save just one ally soldier, I would say the bombs were justified. If you don't like it, then don't start the war. It is really that simple.

Iran is one of the world's leading state sponsors of terrorism through its financial and operational support for groups such as Hezbollah, Hamas, and others. Iran could potentially share its nuclear technology and know-how with extremist groups hostile to the United States and the West.
Well since the nuclear weapon was used to secure the victory over Japan wouldn't you say that other countries would be smart to obtain nuclear weapons so that the US won't be able to force an unconditional surrender? China obtaining nukes is probably one of the best strategic moves they have done in the past century since it is now allowing them to pursue its agenda without any real interference from its neighbors or even America.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Well since the nuclear weapon was used to secure the victory over Japan wouldn't you say that other countries would be smart to obtain nuclear weapons so that the US won't be able to force an unconditional surrender? China obtaining nukes is probably one of the best strategic moves they have done in the past century since it is now allowing them to pursue its agenda without any real interference from its neighbors or even America.
Not every country. I will say this though, if China can have nuclear weapon, so should Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies