Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Yes. Everyone should have their sexuality, their manhood challenged and laugh at themselves! Good sport, fun times had by all. Right? No one but no one likes to be attacked where the intent is not welcomed. And I again ask, how funny would it be if someone did this to you? And did it in a place and situation where you could not retort or respond? Yeah, it's just a well-intentioned and harmless joke...
When you hang it out for everyone to see, someone's gonna make fun of it!

Is there a Hetrosexual Men's Choir? No? There may be but nobody knows because they don't advertise their sexuality? Well, then.............Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 04:40 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Seems to me that the management and fans of a ball club named after catholic priests wouldn't have much room to talk.
Nothin' but net. Nice work

Old 05-22-2016, 04:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Nothin' but net. Nice work
Yes, insulting all Catholic priests, due to the actions of a few, and attacking the religion of millions of Americans is A OK with the left. Bigotry is all it is.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:59 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Seems to me that the management and fans of a ball club named after catholic priests wouldn't have much room to talk.
You got that right! "Hey everyone, come out to the ballpark and watch the San Diego Padres fondle the bat-boy's balls!"

Old 05-22-2016, 05:02 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
When you hang it out for everyone to see, someone's gonna make fun of it!

Fine. So when a group of Down Syndrome kids who win their league championship appear in public, they should expect to be called "retard" or whatever horrible name someone might call them, right? I mean, if they are going under the banner of having Down Syndrome, well, they should expect such behaviour -- they brought it on themselves, right? I mean, they brought in on: they made it happen because they group-identified, right?

Same with the Special Olympics: they group-identify, so their coaches and the athletes should not only EXPECT to be called "gimps" or something horrible, they should WELCOME these "jokes," because, after all, why can't they take a joke? No matter that the joke is unfunny and unwelcome and way demeaning and way too personal, and however inappropriate, they should laugh and enjoy the joke, right? I mean, that is what your logic leads to. I am so glad that I do not know or associate with anyone who thinks that way, or would ever dream of acting so poorly, so lacking in class and dignity.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:12 PM

617 posts, read 348,965 times
Any group that wears their sexuality on their sleeve like the "San Diego Gay Men's Choir" deserves all the ridicule they get. And alfie? Get over yourself. Being a homosexual is a behavioral choice, having Down's Syndrome is not. To compare the two is just plain stupid.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
Any group that wears their sexuality on their sleeve like the "San Diego Gay Men's Choir" deserves all the ridicule they get. And alfie? Get over yourself. Being a homosexual is a behavioral choice, having Down's Syndrome is not. To compare the two is just plain stupid.
That right? All in the genes, my dear, all in the genes. And, given your post history, you'd be wise to be very reticent to call anyone or anything or any thought "stupid," if you get my drift...

Old 05-22-2016, 05:20 PM

617 posts, read 348,965 times
You're gay, I get it. Personally insulting me because you can't handle the truth, bothers me oh, so much.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
You're gay, I get it. Personally insulting me because you can't handle the truth, bothers me oh, so much.
I'm not insulting you, I'M MAKING A JOKE! LOL!!!! LOL!!! Why aren't you laughing? C'mon, you're ruining our FUN! Be a sport about it.

You posited a belief that is no longer accepted by experts, yet you cling to it. Not saying you are stupid, I'm saying your beliefs arel

Old 05-22-2016, 05:42 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Fine. So when a group of Down Syndrome kids who win their league championship appear in public, they should expect to be called "retard" or whatever horrible name someone might call them, right? I mean, if they are going under the banner of having Down Syndrome, well, they should expect such behaviour -- they brought it on themselves, right? I mean, they brought in on: they made it happen because they group-identified, right?
Surely you aren't comparing downs syndrome with being gay are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies