Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 12:08 AM

991 posts, read 628,777 times

Advertisements

So now, every state can pick and choose which Rights don't apply to them?

- black voters
- women voters
- abortion on demand

Anyone wish to add to the list?

Quote:
A Bergen County man has lost his bid to fight the confiscation of his guns and ammunition following a domestic violence arrest and charges that he had high-capacity magazines and hollow-point ammunition.

An appellate decision on Tuesday upheld a Superior Court judge’s earlier ruling that Arthur Vinogradsky was no longer qualified to be a gun owner even though the charges against him were eventually dropped.

The decision acknowledged that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to possess a handgun for the purpose of self-defense. But according to the courts, the Constitution does not trump “states’ enforcement of their ‘longstanding
prohibitions’ on firearm possession,” and “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.”
Court says 2nd Amendment doesn't trump NJ's strict gun laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 12:12 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
imo the court is wrong on that since the pereson in question was never convicted of a crime, thus his rights were never suspended.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:21 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,024,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
As much as I want to say I am shocked, you are linking about New Jersey. The People's Republic of New Jersey has NO rights. It never will. The Dem leaders destroyed the state decades ago, and there is no possible upside anytime soon.

I escaped years ago....any I pity anyone that doesn't do the same soon.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:39 AM

991 posts, read 628,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
As much as I want to say I am shocked, you are linking about New Jersey. The People's Republic of New Jersey has NO rights. It never will. The Dem leaders destroyed the state decades ago, and there is no possible upside anytime soon.

It goes way back ..

Quote:
Camp Nordland was a 204-acre resort facility located in Andover Township, New Jersey. From 1937 to 1941, this site was owned and operated by the German American Bund an organization known for sympathizing and propagandizing for Nazi Germany in the United States. This resort camp was opened by the Bund on 18 July 1937.

In the years before the Second World War, the Bund held events at the facility to encourage pro-German, pro-Nazi values—many of these events attracting over 10,000 visitors. On 18 August 1940, it was the site of a joint rally of with the Ku Klux Klan, organized by Alton Milford Young and Arthur Hornbui Bell.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Nordland

Old 05-25-2016, 01:19 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,024,243 times
[quote=epliny;44180215]It goes way back .../QUOTE]

And I will repeat my almost exact response with a very small [change]:

As much as I want to say I am shocked, you are linking about New Jersey. The People's Republic of New Jersey has NO rights. It never will. The Dem leaders destroyed the state [many, many] decades ago, and there is no possible upside anytime soon.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:05 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:

- black voters
- women voters
- abortion on demand

Cruel and unusual punishment.

Speedy trial.

That pesky 5th amendment.

Time to start locking up criminals in the dungeon and beating confessions out of them. Rights are so overrated.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:53 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post

Last poll I saw said that only 30% of the people like Republican governor Christie.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:55 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
I'm fine with each state picking and choosing for themselves. I think that it will soon be common for states to give the federal government the finger. We already see with with drugs and illegal immigration. Guns might be next.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
I was unser the impression that conservatives championed state's rights. I guess they do, just not as it applies to guns.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:

- black voters
- women voters
- abortion on demand

Courts have already ruled that you can't take away a person's right to vote based on their race or gender, and Roe v Wade guarantees abortion with some exceptions as we've seen. Comparison fail. If anything, gun rights are regulated similar to how abortion is among the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies