Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 03:13 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It amazes me that we have deteriorated to actually proposing such things based on less than 0.30% of the population and the whims of the progressive ideologues pushing such causes.
True, but I never cared much for public restrooms anyways.....people are disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 03:31 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Agreed. This shows how crazy the whole thing has become. Of course I support trans men. My post was directed at genetic men, who seem to be so afraid that they are the driving force behind this and most discrimination.

But then again, shouldn't ALL men hang together?
Sorry. I must have misunderstood. I didn't realize you were only bigoted against "genetic" men. My apologies.

Wait..... aren't transgendered men still "genetic" men even if they identify female? So you are against transgendered men using the men's bathroom if they identify female, but you're ok with "genetic" women who identify as male using the men's bathroom. Did I get it right?

It's so hard to keep up with where various posters stand on their hatred and fear. And here I thought the goal was to be kind and inclusive to everyone regardless of genetics or gender identity. My bad.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 05-25-2016 at 03:42 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 04:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Maybe the man was waiting for his wife to get done?
Situation 1:

Business owner, "Sir, I noticed you've been outside the women's restroom, is there something I can help you with?"

Man, "I'm waiting for my wife to come out."

Business owner, "Oh, ok. Thank you. If you think your wife might be having an issue, I can ask a female staff member go in and check on her."

Situation 2:

Business owner, "Sir, I noticed you've been outside the women's restroom, is there something I can help you with?"

Transitioned female, "Actually, I'm a woman, and I was waiting to make sure nobody else was in their because it can be uncomfortable if there is."

Business owner, "We have a single occupancy employee restroom in the back I can take you."

-------

So, in situation one, there is no harm or foul.

In situation 2, the business owner was worried about the potential safety of his female customers. Once the situation was understood, he tried to be accommodating to the situation and actually offer an option she might want to use.

Under Houston's HERO, if she thought she was being harassed by the owner and the offer was just a way to send her to an out-of-sight restroom, the City Of Houston would start an investigation and could impose sanctions on the business for gender discrimination.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:16 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
I don't know about men, but definitely sex offenders and Catholic Priests.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:21 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is transgenders were using the restrooms of their choice with practically no issues before liberals decided to make a wedge issue out of this.

I am more concerned about my 401K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Correction: until pearl clutching Henny Penny conservatives made it an issue. Look around at who is making laws. We all know this as truth so don't waste energy denying or twisting.
It's kind of both, one side makes noise, then the other tries to score brownie points, in the end everyone loses.

Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner was the initiator of this, because they started the discussion, subsequently some people went off and defined rules, regulations and laws that "prevent prejudice" of genders based on their physical gender, and the other that "prevent prejudice" based on their gender identity. (The term "prevent prejudice" is quoted because both sides will argue that what has been defined is to result in that outcome).

In the end we all lose because as has been said for decades if not centuries, people who are cis use the bathroom of their physical and mental gender, people who are trans have been using the bathroom that they feel most comfortable with. Now there's a big ruckus that really isn't achieving anything, Liberals are seen by conservatives as immoral and degenerate, and Conservatives are seen by liberals as uptight and overbearing, but both sides of the equation already knew that the other was immoral and degenerate, or uptight and overbearing. So it's just another dog and pony show, that can be used for political capital.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
At first this whole issue really annoyed me but I think I came to an epiphany. Let all of the freaks go to the women's room. I'll be happy not to have them tool gazing at the urinal. And since women tend to be more liberal than men, they should be the ones that get the sideshows.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
At first this whole issue really annoyed me but I think I came to an epiphany. Let all of the freaks go to the women's room. I'll be happy not to have them tool gazing at the urinal. And since women tend to be more liberal than men, they should be the ones that get the sideshows.
Not when it might embolden a sexual predator to go into the restroom where my 10-year-old daughter might be.

Go back to how it was. Let transgenders continue to use the bathroom they choose, and in those rare times they are questioned and embarrassed, they'll just have to brush it off and move on.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Not when it might embolden a sexual predator to go into the restroom where my 10-year-old daughter might be.

Go back to how it was. Let transgenders continue to use the bathroom they choose, and in those rare times they are questioned and embarrassed, they'll just have to brush it off and move on.
I understand your concern, but let's think about this logically. Any dude that lives as a woman and whose life ambition is going "Varys the eunuch" is someone your 10 year old daughter has a 97% chance of delivering a definitive beat down on.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:04 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
Quote:
Yet ZERO cases of transgender women attacking a female in a bathroom.
No one said transgender women would attack females. I think the main concern is about pervert men disguised as (or claiming to be) transgender women and enter ladies restrooms.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I understand your concern, but let's think about this logically. Any dude that lives as a woman and whose life ambition is going "Varys the eunuch" is someone your 10 year old daughter has a 97% chance of delivering a definitive beat down on.
The actual transgender people would not be the problem, it would be the male sexual predators that have nothing, zero, to do with the transgender population that would be emboldened by some of these proposed laws.

If you own a business an saw a creepy looking dude hanging out or entering the women's restroom of your business, might you inquire to him as to what he's doing? How about if your business could be sued by the government for harassment if you questioned a man who only needed to claim to identify as a woman? If people become afraid to see something and say something in regards to safety at restrooms....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
No one said transgender women would attack females. I think the main concern is about pervert men disguised as (or claiming to be) transgender women and enter ladies restrooms.
All the predator would need to do is make the claim of identifying as a woman. He wouldn't need a dress, wig, makeup or anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies