Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 11:06 AM

39,182 posts, read 27,565,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
But why shouldn't the boy make that call? And by this token, do you think parents of girls should be able to make the choice to circumcize them as well?
This is actually a good argument, I am afraid I have no good answers for this.

I don't know what are some of the real benefits of circumcision. But it seems like it reduce the risks of UTI.

It seems like a very painful procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 11:07 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,548,693 times
Quote:
But I'm asking you. You said it's better to do as a baby. Why? Why bother with something that most of the world doesn't that even our own AAP has said isn't medically necessary?
I believe I answered that. Less traumatizing.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:08 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I actually agree with most posters here, let the parents make the decision for their baby boys. I am sure they have the boys' best interests in their minds.
Agreed - medical experts have done unlimited research and the pro's outweigh the con's, regarding circumcision. I'm glad my mother opted to have it done at birth, vs me making that decision as a grown man and enduring the pain as an adult.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:10 AM

39,182 posts, read 27,565,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Agreed - medical experts have done unlimited research and the pro's outweigh the con's, regarding circumcision. I'm glad my mother opted to have it done at birth, vs me making that decision as a grown man and enduring the pain as an adult.
agreed.

I know all my three nephews are circumcised boys. I remember the noise that they made. The most invasive part of the procedure caused the longest crying. These cries were high pitched and were judged most urgent. I am so glad it is over.

I read an article says There is disagreement among physicians about using anesthesia during circumcisions. Prior to the mid-1980s, anesthesia was not used because infant pain was denied by the medical community. can you believe that?!

That belief has changed among many physicians, but an anesthetic still is not always administered due to a lack of familiarity with its use, as well as the belief that it introduces additional risk.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:11 AM

295 posts, read 181,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I believe I answered that. Less traumatizing.
The least traumatic thing is to not do it at all. It's a perfectly functioning part of the body. It doesn't need to be amputated.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
They have. And have stated there is no medical cause to practice routine infant circumcision. Why would you have done it as an adult?

Old 05-26-2016, 11:12 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
UTI's need simple antibiotics.

HIV can still be contracted even when circed so the reality is you still need to wear the condom. Circed, gotta wear the condom. Not circed, gotta wear the condom. Soooo why bother??

You should do a little research there. The pain relief given is most often sugar water. The injection they would need to give to numb the area causes too much pain....
Quote:
What penis OR vagina have you ever seen that didn't look kinda gross? Genitals aren't designed to look attractive.
could care less if UTI's only need simple antibiotics, how cavalier you are that you don't care that someone would get an infection because it's simple to take some antibiotics.

safe sex should be practiced no matter what. lots of medical procedures have pain. babies get shots, they cause pain, should they not get shots?

FYI I have seen many a good looking penis and vajayjay, not all of them are ugly.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM

30,987 posts, read 22,032,827 times
Quote:
It's not medically necessary, the baby can decide when he grows up.
Do a search, this has been covered a thousand times here, your not bringing up anything new.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
agreed.

I know all my three nephews are circumcised boys. I remember the noise that they made. The most invasive part of the procedure caused the longest crying. These cries were high pitched and were judged most urgent. I am so glad it is over.

I read an article says There is disagreement among physicians about using anesthesia during circumcisions. Prior to the mid-1980s, anesthesia was not used because infant pain was denied by the medical community. can you believe that?!

That belief has changed among many physicians, but an anesthetic still is not always administered due to a lack of familiarity with its use, as well as the belief that it introduces additional risk.
And often the pain reliever given is sugar water on a pacifier. Babies can go into shock and some even end up dying from blood loss. It's a very small number, but so is the number of boys who actually have issues with UTI's. My son is 2. Ive never made any special effort to clean his genitals. Just wipe like a finger in the bath. No soap. He's never had a uti.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:15 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,548,693 times
Quote:
The least traumatic thing is to not do it at all. It's a perfectly functioning part of the body. It doesn't need to be amputated.
Shrug, oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies