Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 08:22 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Where I got my information paralleling "ghetto culture" and "redneck culture".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...White_Liberals

Black Rednecks & White Liberals

http://www.tsowell.com/Rednecks.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 08:27 AM

684 posts, read 514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is how I see it. We have cause and effect. I look at the hood rat culture. Alot of that culture comes from redneck culture. The violence, strong disregard for those things educational and intellectual, sexual depravity, a strong flamboyance, touchy pride(don't "diss" me),etc. Alot of it is similar.

Yea we're seeing in the news reports all the redneck-on-redneck violence with them doing drive by's in their pick ups and killing each other in record numbers. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, are seeing huge increases in killing leaving confusion at the local mortuaries where all the deceased's are named Bubba.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Yea we're seeing in the news reports all the redneck-on-redneck violence with them doing drive by's in their pick ups and killing each other in record numbers. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama, are seeing huge increases in killing leaving confusion at the local mortuaries where all the deceased's are named Bubba.
Read this links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...White_Liberals

Black Rednecks & White Liberals

http://www.tsowell.com/Rednecks.htm

Old 06-03-2016, 09:09 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Where I got my information paralleling "ghetto culture" and "redneck culture".
So... How would those in the ghetto actually ever interact with rednecks so as to emulate their behavior? Do they take field trips or something? Is there a redneck outreach program?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:48 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... How would those in the ghetto actually ever interact with rednecks so as to emulate their behavior? Do they take field trips or something? Is there a redneck outreach program?
Ok....I finished my drive by and turned in my welfare application.... check the evening news....no snitching though. You don't know nothing and never heard nothing. I got a BLM rally later though....then off to a meeting with Al Sharpton.

Anyway......why do we speak English even though this is not England . I know that is probably too tough a question for you, but England colonized America and established the culture, which included language. Even before we go to school....most of us simply learn it from our parents, who learned it from their parents, who learned it from their parents...etc. Hence, even though we are far removed from England and the Colonist from England, we still perpetuate English culture to a great degree, including language. In the same way, blacks learned negative white culture, call it redneck if you like, while existing in the south. Then there was the great migration of blacks from the American South to the industrial north into areas you now call ghettos. They carried with them the culture they learned from the south, including SOUL food, which is essentially and really simply southern food. Soul food is more like Plantain, Yams and foo foo...lol.

What school did you say you graduated from again? Was it a "good school"...lol. If so....good schools are highly overrated.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-03-2016 at 09:59 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Ok....I finished my drive by and turned in my welfare application.... check the evening news....no snitching though. You don't know nothing and never heard nothing. I got a BLM rally later though....then off to a meeting with Al Sharpton.

Anyway......why do we speak English even though this is not England . I know that is probably too tough a question for you, but England colonized America and established the culture, which included language. Even before we go to school....most of us simply learn it from our parents, who learned it from their parents, who learned it from their parents...etc. Hence, even though we are far removed from England and the Colonist from England, we still perpetuate English culture to a great degree, including language. In the same way, blacks learned negative white culture, call it redneck if you like, while existing in the south. Then there was the great migration of blacks from the American South to the industrial north into areas you know call ghettos. They carried with them the culture they learned from the south, including SOUL food, which is essentially and really simply southern food. Soul food is more like Plantain, Yams and foo foo...lol.

What school did you say you graduated from again?
There is more I want to add. Blacks who lived in the North(with no ties to the South) tended to learn from what was around them. During WWI, Blacks from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Illinois scored higher on mental tests than Whites from Kentucky and Alabama.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
There is more I want to add. Blacks who lived in the North(with no ties to the South) tended to learn from what was around them. During WWI, Blacks from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Illinois scored higher on mental tests than Whites from Kentucky and Alabama.
No doubt. However, you and I know this is just a game. These folks have preconceived notions and have no compelling reason to want those notions to change. Somehow their ignorance gives them pleasure or why else would you reject knowledge and truth? To look down on blacks as inferior gives them comfort.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No doubt. However, you and I know this is just a game. These folks have preconceived notions and have no compelling reason to want those notions to change. Somehow their ignorance gives them pleasure or why else would you reject knowledge and truth? To look down on blacks as inferior gives them comfort.
Looking down on a certain group, though not limited to looking down on Blacks, does provide a distraction. The Jews have been hated on alot. Interestingly enough, it isn't much different than when other groups faced hatred. Think about the term "middle man minority". Armenians in Turkey are another example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middleman_minority

Thomas Sowell discussed it like this. The people who move somewhere who are poor, and then the next generation does very well for themselves. Some people find it easier to hate others for succeeding than themselves for not succeeding.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 AM

684 posts, read 514,221 times
Quote:

Heck even today almost all blacks probably score higher on mental tests than whites in Alabama and Kentucky...

All joking aside

I'd say that's really an over generalization or misleading of facts and I'd like to see the source. I'll also go ahead and say it here beforehand that I bet if you do provide a source its a single simple source by a black author.

Not to discredit the findings because the author is black but rather to point out it's probably more agenda driven than based on really factual information, almost like how homosexuals twist the Bible to fit their own agenda.

Edit to add:

I found your source
Quote:
His essay argues that, among those groups, educational statistics were on par with similarly-trained whites (and higher than southern whites in general), and continued on an upward trend until the advent of multiculturalism
Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...White_Liberals

Thus confirming my point

Let me get back to reading a little on this Thomas Sowell guy

Old 06-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Heck even today almost all blacks probably score higher on mental tests than whites in Alabama and Kentucky...

All joking aside

I'd say that's really an over generalization or misleading of facts and I'd like to see the source. I'll also go ahead and say it here beforehand that I bet if you do provide a source its a single simple source by a black author.

Not to discredit the findings because the author is black but rather to point out it's probably more agenda driven than based on really factual information, almost like how homosexuals twist the Bible to fit their own agenda.

Edit to add:

I found your source

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...White_Liberals

Thus confirming my point

Let me get back to reading a little on this Thomas Sowell guy

I bet if he chimed in to claim that a study showed that redneck whites had higher IQs than college educated blacks......you would have not asked for a link to a study....LMBAO. You would have not googled up the author.....you would have just ran with it as FACT because it comports to your preconceived notions about black cognitive inferiority to whites.....non of which I see evidence of on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies