Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:41 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And it wasn't just McCain that Trump insulted when he said "I like people that weren't captured". It was all POWs.
There's the real point of the spear, right there.

It isn't just about McCain and never was. Trump's assessment of what constitutes a hero should be given all the credibility a draft dodging, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, narcissistic boob's opinion should be given.

Even less so because his comment castigated all who willingly served and were captured in the history of all warfare.

The remaining men who defended the Alamo were all "captured" and summarily executed. Texicans just for one demographic, should write Trump off the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 01:42 PM

643 posts, read 471,288 times
What a question, If I were the OP I would remove it before all doubt is removed.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:42 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
D.C. Memorial day weekend. Trump was in town soliciting support from "Rolling Thunder", a veterans organization originally formed to support POWs and MIAs. A little ways back Trump insulted John McCain for having the gall to be shot down over Vietnam, captured, tortured, and held prisoner for several years. Now that Trump is seeking the support of veterans groups like Rolling Thunder should he show a little class and apologize to McCain?
No. Didn't McCain give information that got soldiers killed? McCain is a RINO illegal loving dirtbag

Old 05-30-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
McCain did not fight in our war for independence. That would make him really old. The Vietnamese never were a threat to our freedom of speech or any other freedoms we enjoy.
Interspersed among all the other hooorah hoopla these types of threads generate are the occasional nuggets of irrefutable truths. Kudos

Old 05-30-2016, 01:44 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
And it wasn't just McCain that Trump insulted when he said "I like people that weren't captured". It was all POWs.
What is wrong with that? The ones that are not captured are not heroes too? McCain called all Trump supporters ''Crazies".. where is McCain's apology?

Old 05-30-2016, 01:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

Agree. I watched that exchange and could not believe it when I heard it. Fat, florid Trump who has to fly home to sleep in his own comfy bed every night - was denigrating every single prisoner of war.

It was absolutely disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, he's not a war hero according to Trump. And yes, Lily, he was talking about all POWs, not just McCain. Here is the direct quote:

"He's not a war hero. He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

Tell me how the bold is not a diss to every POW. You, of all people, whose brother was a Marine, defending Trump on this issue, and on Memorial Day yet, is really sad.
I come from a military family too and at least two of them (one had a civilian job in the reserves) are Trump supporters. This just floors me but then again, these two were not known as being particularly smart.

The rest of my family despises Trump, his comments, and everything he stands for.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:51 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I come from a military family too and at least two of them (one had a civilian job in the reserves) are Trump supporters. This just floors me but then again, these two were not known as being particularly smart.

The rest of my family despises Trump, his comments, and everything he stands for.
... You might just as well tell us that we are not smart. we can handle that.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:51 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
McCain was the low life that went after Trump
What did he say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
McCain can dish it out but can't take it.. what a wimp!
A perfect description of little Donny.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:54 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agree
Maybe they just need to be patient, what he 'stands' for seems to change regularly.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:55 PM

One has to wonder at the intelligence of groups like Rolling Thunder supposedly contrived of a large number of veterans who, knowing Trump's history as a draft dodging, self absorbed narcissist, not giving two rat's hind feet for veterans at any other time of his life, suddenly being deemed the messiah of shields and spurs.

The guy was fine playing plebe cadet with the silly plumed hat and attendance medals but when he had a chance to put his rubber to the pavement it was "no way am I going to rub shoulders with sweaty peasant soldiers in a rice paddy in some god forsaken corner of the world".

God forbid, but some of those rolling thunder fellows might actually have had to frag his ass, for he'd almost certainly have been officer material and he'd almost certainly made some of the same decisions that have resulted in his multiple bankruptcies.

One thing to risk other peoples money; quite another to let a boob like that actually lead men into battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies