Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:56 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Maybe the smart folks can learn to stay on topic.

Should Trump apologize to McCain? In my opinion, Nope. Nobody should be apologizing for personal opinions of another human being, veteran or not, hero or not.

Many here have said military people are not hero, should they be apologizing too? LOL haha

ps. not sure if I will be voting for Trump, but do I hate him because of this McCain comment? lol absolutely not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 02:17 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Should Trump apologize to McCain? In my opinion, Nope. Nobody should be apologizing for personal opinions of another human being, veteran or not, hero or not.

Many here have said military people are not hero, should they be apologizing too? LOL haha

ps. not sure if I will be voting for Trump, but do I hate him because of this McCain comment? lol absolutely not.
My guess is that if your brother had been captured and held and tortured for years as a POW, and Trump implied that he was not a hero because he had allowed himself to be caught, you would hold a different opinion.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
My guess is that if your brother had been captured and held and tortured for years as a POW, and Trump implied that he was not a hero because he had allowed himself to be caught, you would hold a different opinion.
Maybe, I am not going to lie. But if my bro insulted him first by saying anybody supported him are crazy, I guess I would have to accept the fact that Trump would fight back. My brother does not consider himself as a hero of any kind, he doesn't even believe he represents all Marines. He is just a regular guy with an opinion, that is all. If this is his personal battle, then it is his personal battle.

I just want all veterans (especially the combat veterans) to be taken care of. That is all. Nothing personal.

It breaks my heart to see homeless COMBAT veterans, I don't know what the hell did they do to deserve this. Maybe Mccain can offer an answer.

But in all honesty, I would hate Trump if Trump said homeless veterans are not heroes because they all made poor choices, but he never said that.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:27 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

I would reserve my anger for the prick that needlessly sent him over there in the first place.

Needlessly invading other countries seems to be something McCain relishes.

Personally I believe he suffers from PTSD. I could understand that and I would feel bad for him but he needs to not be sending others to needless deaths to ease his pain. He should be off getting treated. Odds are high he wouldn't have to even wait months like other vets.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
God forbid, but some of those rolling thunder fellows might actually have had to frag his ass, for he'd almost certainly have been officer material and he'd almost certainly made some of the same decisions that have resulted in his multiple bankruptcies.

One thing to risk other peoples money; quite another to let a boob like that actually lead men into battle.
Naw, Trump, if he served at all, would be a REMF.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Well no one said they hated him because of his comment, but his comment shows his lack of caring what he says and he never gave a reason for his stupid, disrespectful comment. I am assuming anyone who feels the way you seem to feel did not come from a military family or know many who fought for our freedom. Did these people who claim military people are not heroes were they simply referring to those who served or those who were prisoners of war. That is the big issue.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well no one said they hated him because of his comment, but his comment shows his lack of caring what he says and he never gave a reason for his stupid, disrespectful comment. I am assuming anyone who feels the way you seem to feel did not come from a military family or know many who fought for our freedom. Did these people who claim military people are not heroes were they simply referring to those who served or those who were prisoners of war. That is the big issue.
I am glad you used the word ASSume. I am sure you are Captain America or maybe even batman. lol

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-30-2016 at 04:02 PM..

Old 05-30-2016, 03:58 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Nobody fought for our freedom in Vietnam. I do not fault the youth that were sent there, I fault those who sent them there.

McCain unfortunately did not learn the lesson our "leaders" should have learned in Vietnam.

McCain is now those leaders I condemn. McCain can go to hell.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:59 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Why does McCain need Trump to apologize to him? Are his feelings that fragile?

Old 05-30-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Why does McCain need Trump to apologize to him? Are his feelings that fragile?
McCain KNEW this is a personal feud between Trump and himself, but he purposely made it a battle between Trump and all POWs.

It is all about politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies