Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 PM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, he's not a war hero according to Trump. And yes, Lily, he was talking about all POWs, not just McCain. Here is the direct quote:

"He's not a war hero. He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."
I like people who don't get out of service because of heel spurs.

But then again, how was poor Donald supposed to outrun those VC with a couple of nasty heel spurs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well no one said they hated him because of his comment, but his comment shows his lack of caring what he says and he never gave a reason for his stupid, disrespectful comment. I am assuming anyone who feels the way you seem to feel did not come from a military family or know many who fought for our freedom. Did these people who claim military people are not heroes were they simply referring to those who served or those who were prisoners of war. That is the big issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJLU63mjQ8

I assume you are a dependapotamus at most, but I am not that mean. :P

Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Should Trump apologise to McCain?

There's no need to.

McCain has already gotten on board with Drumpf.

He's been assimilated.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:05 PM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
huh? Yes, he handled the situation fairly well. But he KNEW this is a personal attack to him, why did he say that "Trump should apologize to all POWs?" LOL

If somebody said to me, "Lily is not a hero, she is a hero only because her brother was a Marine." I wouldn't be freaked out. I certainly wouldn't be telling the person "You are attacking the military families. apologize apologize apologize." I, only a girl next door, who has a brother and two uncles served all of sudden represents the military families? LOL

I would be like, "oh, okay, you don't like me. "I guess I would have to move on. no?

I was talking about McCain not wanting to leave his men behind when he could have had his freedom earlier.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was talking about McCain not wanting to leave his men behind when he could have had his freedom earlier.
Never said he wasn't a hero. He aint the only one. Also, he is not my personal hero, doesn't fit my personal definition of hero. But is he a war hero? sure he is.

Trump attacked him personally, didn't attack all pows in my opinion. They both attacked each other, pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I like people who don't get out of service because of heel spurs.

But then again, how was poor Donald supposed to outrun those VC with a couple of nasty heel spurs?
I have heel spurs. Painful as all heck, and they just get worse and worse over time. Cortisone shots help for a couple years, but I can never stand for too long, you know like Donald does...every single day while campaigning.

As a FYI, Mine showed up in my 40's. I joined the military when I was 17-was never a problem. Once they occur though they do not seem to magically get better with age. Donald was lying, and dodging military service.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:31 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Never said he wasn't a hero. He aint the only one. Also, he is not my personal hero, doesn't fit my personal definition of hero. But is he a war hero? sure he is.

Trump attacked him personally, didn't attack all pows in my opinion. They both attacked each other, pretty pathetic in my opinion.
Hummm?? Unless you consider Trump saying ..Those captured are NOT hero's in his book..So Yep..Trump did double down on not just his particular McCain POV..But spelled out why..

Trump: McCain only a war hero because he was captured

https://youtu.be/_jJOrkRVNhE

So that SHOULD be clear as a bell..Any POW should never be considered "War Heros"..WHY because they were captured...No other way to spin that factoid!!

Old 05-30-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Hummm?? Unless you consider Trump saying ..Those captured are NOT hero's in his book..So Yep..Trump did double down on not just his particular McCain POV..But spelled out why..

So that SHOULD be clear as a bell..Any POW should never be considered "War Heros"..WHY because they were captured...No other way to spin that factoid!!Trump:
well, to me, it was a personal attack because obviously, they didn't like each other for whatever the reasons.

Do you HONESTLY believe Trump would have attacked other POWs for no reasons? Trump is impulsive, yes, he should have chosen different words, yes. But Do I believe he has attacked all veterans or POWs? Well, IN MY OPINION, he didn't.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:36 PM

23,565 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
No. Didn't McCain give information that got soldiers killed? McCain is a RINO illegal loving dirtbag
McCain [aka Songbird by his captors], near Truc Bach Lake, Vietnam, proudly standing in front of the monument the Vietnamese had erected in his honor..

Old 05-30-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

Trump: McCain only a war hero because he was captured!
All combat veterans are heroes to me, personally. He is just one of them. Honestly, one homeless veteran I knew was a kick ass war hero, in my opinion. But people would only see him as a homeless guy, I guess. Social status matters a great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies