U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:13 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I didn't see any video of the mothers neglect, I heard people who claim she was wasn't watching her child but if all these people noticed this then why didn't any of them stop the kid or even alert the mother? Stuff happens, I'm glad the kid is okay. i think everyone cares about the gorilla but when the kid went in there wasn't of anything else they could do.
Exactly. I doubt any credible witnesses would be willing to step up. First thing I would ask them is, "so you saw this happening and thought it would be fine for the child to squeeze though the fence and walk over to the edge of the cliff?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:41 AM

21,484 posts, read 14,398,691 times
Why is this subject in P&OC?

Old 06-02-2016, 02:12 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,683,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why is this subject in P&OC?
There's quite a bit of controversy over whether the gorilla should have been killed. Also whether the parents were negligent in not supervising their kid.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:40 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,236,406 times
The parents, although the Dad was not there will be taunted for the rest of their lives, not to mention what the toddler will have to face in his lifetime. A tragedy? Yes, but surely a miracle too! It was meant to be, so get over it Gorilla Lovers!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:07 AM

26,364 posts, read 24,533,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes, they really did need to kill him. There was no other option to ensure the child was safe. I blame the parents, but I'm sure they would have done something differently if they could go back. It is a sad thing that happened, but sad things happen every day.
accidents happen, unfortunately, a young gal and I were discussing this at work the other day and we both agreed, it is pathetic the way people are blaming, this or that....disgusting angry pathetic people.

I remember, when our son was a toddler, we were out in the yard with neighbors, he thought I was watching our son, and I thought he was watching, we caught him in time, he was running for the street. The young girl had the same thing happen to her....

Good God people chill, and gentlearts....this is not directed at you.

I blame no one, period. It was a sad day for the Gorilla, but if they would outlaw zoos, this wouldn't happen. I feel sorry for all those animals penned up...

but to blame the parents....everyone should take a real good long look in the mirror.

and yes, unfortunately they had to shoot the gorilla, didn't you see that animal dragging the kid thru the water.....

It really makes me angry that everyone right away, seems to have been there and saw the whole thing....

Sheeesh!

and BTW, that kid should have never every been able to get thru, so blame the zoo.....

Old 06-02-2016, 05:39 AM

6,822 posts, read 5,155,795 times
Of course the gorilla had to be shot. It's unfortunate but had to happen given the situation. People that don't think so really need to check their priorities in life. The gorilla was dragging the kid through the water. It is a wild animal. One that is very strong and can have a very aggressive nature. And there was the most vulnerable of society, a 4 year old child directly underneath it.

Seriously the people putting up a fuss over shooting the gorilla should be shamed and have a banner campaign against them for their childish temper tantrum.

The solution is simple. Find a way to make it so a 4 YEAR OLD CHILD CAN NOT ENTER WHERE A 450LB GORILLA IS.

And they say we're evolving

Old 06-02-2016, 06:19 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Of course the gorilla had to be shot. It's unfortunate but had to happen given the situation. People that don't think so really need to check their priorities in life. The gorilla was dragging the kid through the water. It is a wild animal. One that is very strong and can have a very aggressive nature. And there was the most vulnerable of society, a 4 year old child directly underneath it.

Seriously the people putting up a fuss over shooting the gorilla should be shamed and have a banner campaign against them for their childish temper tantrum.

The solution is simple. Find a way to make it so a 4 YEAR OLD CHILD CAN NOT ENTER WHERE A 450LB GORILLA IS.

And they say we're evolving

Yeah, the parent missed the mark and messed up-but, MY GOD you want to talk about child abusers?? For all that have stated or made reference to the child not being saved from the GORILLA-Who is really promoting child abuse???

Old 06-02-2016, 07:40 AM

26,160 posts, read 15,376,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH
There's quite a bit of controversy over whether the gorilla should have been killed. Also whether the parents were negligent in not supervising their kid.
Well it IS the parents fault ultimately for what happend!!

Old 06-02-2016, 07:50 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Honestly it is 50/50.

In the year 2016 I see no reason why a gorilla enclosure can't be made to keep a 3 year old out.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 5,155,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
People that say this type of thing haven't watched children apparently.

They are masters of escape and putting themselves in precarious situations. I'm amazed I survived childhood with all the stupid things I've gotten myself into.

It wasn't that the mom was negligent. It was that it is the very nature of kids to get themselves in these types of situations.

So the solution is simple as stated earlier.

Make it so NOBODY but properly equipped, trained staff can ENTER THE AREA WHERE THESE ANIMALS ARE AT.

Does anyone here really think the mother doesn't regret and feel terrible about this entire situation? She probably believes the crap people are spouting that she's a terrible person and parent for letting her child in where the ape was at and having issues psychologically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or