U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:56 PM

20,278 posts, read 12,147,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well it IS the parents fault ultimately for what happend!!
no its not its the child fault -- ready to throw him to the lions? I think many here have no kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:12 PM

295 posts, read 132,803 times
It's disheartening that people are so willing to throw around "negligence" the way they have. Losing sight of your child once in a blue moon is typical. Any parent that tells you otherwise actually abuses their child and that's why the child is too terrified to misbehave or they are lying. Kids have little to no impulse control in the toddler/preschool years. Yes, they are learning and probably can be managed in a familiar store but at the zoo, where there is so much commotion and so much to explore, "but I really wanna xyz" wins out.

Negligence is when parents stop feeding their kids, leave them home alone, in a hot car...something reoccurring. Not taking your eye off them for a minute.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:18 AM

22 posts, read 11,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Where were the parents?
The parents were recording the whole thing and screaming. Shoot, I'd be angry too if I knew a small child was in my habitat without an invitation. That gorilla had a right to be angry, he had the right to drag that kid around; the kid violated the gorilla's area and he had to face his consequences. Now for the parents, they need to keep their children on leashes if they can't control nor know where they children are escaping to.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:27 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,237,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reohh View Post
The parents were recording the whole thing and screaming. Shoot, I'd be angry too if I knew a small child was in my habitat without an invitation. That gorilla had a right to be angry, he had the right to drag that kid around; the kid violated the gorilla's area and he had to face his consequences. Now for the parents, they need to keep their children on leashes if they can't control nor know where they children are escaping to.
The Parents??? It was just the mother and once again he was only four years old. I think everyone who is promoting the treatment of the child should take an Early Childhood Development class, so you can become familiar with the milestones of development. Ignorance is so undesirable!!

Old 06-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 14 days ago)

8,144 posts, read 5,826,587 times
Get over it, people and move on. What's done is done. I thought this topic was closed?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 PM

11,436 posts, read 17,162,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Witnesses said the child was pestering the mother that he wanted to go in the cage and play with the gorillas. Now, let's face it.. nobody wants to say this, and I know it's horrible, but I don't think the kid is very bright. Yes, I know he's only 3 years old, but I have kids that age and they're not little saints by any means, but none of them would be dumb enough to jump off a 10 foot drop into a cage with wild animals, I assure you.

OK, so that's one thing. The mother, who knows her child, and knowing that this child may be special needs or whatever the case may be, should NOT have turned her back on him to take selfies and allowed him freedom to make a run for the enclosure. Especially considering that... just a moment ago he said he wanted to jump in!

Now, having acknowledged that, when the kid did jump in, what did she do? "Mommy's up here!" (not down there trying to do anything in my power as a mother to help you, but up here, where I'm going to be staying). This is HER responsibility as his caregiver, and her's alone. It is not the responsibility of the other adults, who did in fact try to grab for him, but it was too late. I can understand that, given our modern society. If they were to go in and grab the kid too hastily, the mother would probably get in their faces for touching her kids and god forbid may even press charges against them or what not.
I haven't seen any video of the child climbing in or what the mother was doing, I didn't see any video of anybody trying to grab the kid, I see people who were their pointing their fingers but if they were there why didn't they stop the child? I know kids can do something stupid in a split second, I just think it was one of those things that happen. It's sad the gorilla had to die but there was nothing the zoo could do other than kill it. I am glad the kid is okay. I'm pretty sure the zoo had cameras and in time we can make an educated decision of how this happened.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:42 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,124,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I haven't seen any video of the child climbing in or what the mother was doing, I didn't see any video of anybody trying to grab the kid, I see people who were their pointing their fingers but if they were there why didn't they stop the child? I know kids can do something stupid in a split second, I just think it was one of those things that happen. It's sad the gorilla had to die but there was nothing the zoo could do other than kill it. I am glad the kid is okay. I'm pretty sure the zoo had cameras and in time we can make an educated decision of how this happened.
I think you are absolutely correct about this. And the fact that the zoo has said nothing about them makes me curious as to why. Yeah, I know ... conspiracy theory ... but don't tell me the question wasn't asked right from the git go ... so what's the answer?

El Nox

Old 06-07-2016, 07:47 AM

66,574 posts, read 33,860,210 times
Default Killing a Gorilla

I wonder if a special taser(a little longer range) could have been used to take down the Gorilla in the zoo, instead of death?

Those things seem to drop the biggest guy there is.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:20 AM

12,358 posts, read 7,757,180 times
Interesting idea and one the zoos should study for the future.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 AM

9,738 posts, read 8,071,170 times
Its a freaking animal!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or