Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 02:49 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times

Advertisements

I hope that society keeps track I'd this child. Let's see how this child turns out when he is seventeen the same age as Harambe when he was killed.
Considering the child's background I expect he will not be an asset to society. At that time I think many folks will think back and preferred that Harambe was tranquilized.

I am amazed that some blame the zoo. This comes down to the parent being negligent. There is no way to idiot proof the world to keep morons safe. Your child, your responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 02:55 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
So he's a white kid with black parents.

That poor gorilla was murdered in cold blood.
It's a damn zoo and they had no tranquilizer darts?
Really?

Old 05-31-2016, 03:00 PM

991 posts, read 629,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
So he's a white kid with black parents.

That poor gorilla was murdered in cold blood.
It's a damn zoo and they had no tranquilizer darts?
Really?
Really?

Murder??

Gorillas kill ... after playing with them, any living entity that isn't theirs!

A tranquilizer used on a Five Hundred Pound Gorilla will do nothing for minutes after the shot ... except make it madder, like swatting at a hornets nest!

Pathetic post of the year!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:04 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Really?

Murder??

Gorillas kill ... after playing with them, any living entity that isn't theirs!

A tranquilizer used on a Five Hundred Pound Gorilla will do nothing for minutes after the shot ... except make it madder, like swatting at a hornets nest!

Pathetic post of the year!
Well then they should've shot the kid instead. He was trespassing.
That gorilla was just being a gorilla doing gorilla things and all of a sudden some kid drops in and he gets shot.
I would've "accidentally" shot the kid.
I have bad eye sight.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how racist is it to assume that only white people go to zoos?

LOL

PS I feel terrible for these parents. my kids could disappear in a half second. kids do that. I did that.
The kid was threatening his mother, stating he was going in with the gorilla and the mom argued with him... Horrible parenting

Old 05-31-2016, 03:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
I'm sure in hindsight - they regret not using something more obstructive...as they probably assumed parents would maintain proper oversight of their children & the railing offers a bit more visibility into the animal's captivity.

It's a shame that a gorilla had to die over the lack of parental oversight.
When I was a small child we had a school trip to a zoo. Many more children than school helpers on the bus trip to the Bronx zoo. It is the zoo's responsibility to keep children safe. They should make it impossible to get in where there is a dangerous animal. If they had done this, the gorilla would be alive. It is for the safety of the animal to keep people out then you don't have to shoot them dead. I go to THE ROOT of the problem.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:12 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
I haven't heard any claims of racism over this. Maybe you need a new circle of friends?

Old 05-31-2016, 03:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
I like how everybody is so quick to condemn the parents of this kid when they don't know exactly what happened, as if they are perfect and have never had a lapse in judgment or have ever made a mistake themselves.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:14 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
This is the first I've heard of people calling racism. The article must have dredged the Internet to find them.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:17 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I hope that society keeps track I'd this child. Let's see how this child turns out when he is seventeen the same age as Harambe when he was killed.
Considering the child's background I expect he will not be an asset to society. At that time I think many folks will think back and preferred that Harambe was tranquilized.

I am amazed that some blame the zoo. This comes down to the parent being negligent. There is no way to idiot proof the world to keep morons safe. Your child, your responsibility.
I surely did not mean to rep you. It is really ok to actually hope and wish that a child will be killed, or not be a productive member of society? What animals am I really living with??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies