Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:11 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times

Advertisements

The fact that it was only a few Christians makes, sense. I mean the Middle east has no Christians. It was never a Christian area. North Africa was always Muslim too. See I am liberal I know what I am talking about. Islam never invades and wipes out Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 08:31 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Where is the liberty in forcing a nation's citizens to take on the burden of an uncivilized people financially and culturally?
You do realize that Syria was not a mud hut developing country before the war? Many of these refugees are better educated than many Americans. Your post exemplifies the ignorant, ugly American. Bye.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:46 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Seems obama is making due on his promise to destroy as much as he can before he is finally removed from office. I cannot wait till he is gone.

He let in 99% muslims so far.. This last batch had 2 catholics.. out of almost 1000

U.S. Doubles Monthly Syrian Refugee Intake, 987 Admitted This May - Joe Pappalardo

Could you please share with us some sort of evidence of this promise that Obama apparently made?

Also, our country is only even considering applications from less than 2% of refugees - those who are considered the least risk and have proper documentation. This policy is in response to the fears of people in the US that we will unwittingly let in terrorists.

Fair enough, but many of the Yazidis, for example, fled Syria without passports. Unless they are able to get their documentation replaced once they are outside of the country, a time consuming and expensive process if it is even possible, it seems they wouldn't even be eligible to be considered for our refugee program.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
My company has hired in several Syrian refugees as engineers. These guys and 1 woman were engineers back in Syria before the chaos started. These are some of the kindest and hardest working engineers I've ever worked with.

I beg to differ regarding the uncivilized part.
So, essentially robbing a country of their most gifted and talented is a benefit to them?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:13 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, essentially robbing a country of their most gifted and talented is a benefit to them?
Were they robbed or did they Volunteer to come ? Can you call them and ask them so we can have a more accurate response

Old 06-02-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Were they robbed or did they Volunteer to come ? Can you call them and ask them so we can have a more accurate response
My guess would be that if you surveyed the people left in Syria and asked them, they'd probably say the US was robbing them of their best and brightest if we are bringing over highly educated people like engineers.

Do you believe the people in Syria favor such people leaving their country most likely for good?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:21 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meanwhile, Canada has admitted 25,000 syrian refugees, and Germany has admitted 500,000.

Kind of makes the USA, the great defender of Liberty, look like a bunch of fraidy-cat pants-wetters to me.
1. High level sources in both the FBI and the DHS admitted that there is no way to effectively vet these refugees.

2. Intelligence sources shared with law enforcement agencies across the nation late last year, a warning that ISIS had stolen thousands of fake passports and the machines to make passports.

3. Terrorists have already found their way into European countries by mingling with the masses of refugees. And let's not forget the story of automatic weapons being smuggled in the same crates as second hand clothing for refugees.

4.. Look at Germany. Look at other European countries. We don't get a lot of news in this country about how things are going over in Europe but thanks to the Internet, anyone who wants to know how Europe is doing with their own refugees can find that information. Europe has been irrevocably changed. It will never be as it was.

5. Americans have NO obligation to accept third world individuals who cannot (and will not) be vetted. They have no obligation to agree with the administration who is now pushing hard to meet self-imposed quotas and deadlines. And they have no obligation to accept the insults of those who would try to diminish their opinions on the matter simply because they have an opposing viewpoint.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:27 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My guess would be that if you surveyed the people left in Syria and asked them, they'd probably say the US was robbing them of their best and brightest if we are bringing over highly educated people like engineers.

Do you believe the people in Syria favor such people leaving their country most likely for good?
do these people want to stay and be barrel bombed? Do they want to come home from work and find their 14year old son picking up the body parts of their family after an Assad missile strike?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
do these people want to stay and be barrel bombed? Do they want to come home from work and find their 14year old son picking up the body parts of their family after an Assad missile strike?
Do you believe the refugees will be forced to return once the war is over?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:48 AM

588 posts, read 1,319,890 times
What would Jesus do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies