Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 09:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
What would Jesus do?
That's a good question. What did He have to say about war?

I know that question comes up a lot in regards to the death penalty, yet He didn't seem to say much in regards to the others being executed along side Him.

Did he condemn war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 10:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
The fact that it was only a few Christians makes, sense. I mean the Middle east has no Christians. It was never a Christian area. North Africa was always Muslim too. See I am liberal I know what I am talking about.
Could it be that they have been killing them?

Quote:
Islam never invades and wipes out Christians
From my understanding a Muslim is one who practices Islam, is this correct?

You do realize Islam is also a form government and laws? The U.S. Constitution stops ANY religion from taking America and running it religiously. Don't you ever wonder why some want to remove the Constitution, if removed something will take it's place. Are we ready for Roman rule, in the form of Sharia Law?

The Muslim conquest of (Christian) North Africa went relatively easily until the native peoples of North Africa (most importantly the Berbers) were encountered west of Egypt. The North African people fought so strongly against the Muslims that the Muslim imperialist, colonialist, bloody conquest in the west was brought to an almost complete stop between Tripoli and Carthage for more than a quarter century. The Muslims broke through in a series of bloody battles followed by bloody (revenge) massacres of the Muslim's (largely Christian) opponents. This Muslim imperialist, colonialist, bloody conquest continued through North Africa and through what is now Spain, Portugal, and southern France, until they were stopped at the battle of Poiters (hardly bloodless) in the middle of France.
I believe that if I had the time, I could show that the Muslims, in their western imperialist, colonialist, bloody conquests, killed two to three times as many Christians as the Christians killed Muslims in all of the Crusades combined.

1,400 Years of Christian/Islamic Struggle: An Analysis | CBN.com (beta)

To beat the dog one more time, you may have noted that I stated above that Muslim imperialism has continued until the present. Muslim imperialism has continued without any let-up from ten years before Mohammed's death until today.
Consider the Ottoman invasion of Christian Eastern Europe in which the Ottoman Empire invaded the west and conquered and colonized Greece, all of the Balkans, Romania, Bessarabia, and Hungary, and was stopped only at the outskirts of Vienna in 1529. Consider also the Muhgal conquest of Northern India in the early 1600s. But today? Of course! In the 20th century alone:
1. Muslim Turkey has expelled approximately 1,500,000 Greeks from its empire in the east and replaced them with Turks. They have massacred approximately 2 million Armenians and replaced them with Turks in the west.
2. Muslim Turkey has invaded and occupied northern Cyprus, displacing the Greeks living there.
3. Muslim northern Sudan has conquered much of southern Sudan, literally enslaving its Christian and pagan population.
4. Indonesian imperialism has occupied all of non-Islamic western New Guinea and incorporated into Indonesia.
5. Muslim Indonesia has invaded and conquered Christian East Timor with horrible loss of life.
6. This very day, Muslim Indonesia is attempting to destroy Christianity in what used to be called the Celebes.
7. A half-dozen Arab countries have fought two to four wars (depending how you count) in an attempt to destroy Israel and occupy its territory, and is currently continuing the attempt this very day with the publicly voted consent of 55 of the world's 57 Islamic nations.
8. For no good reason, Muslim Libya has blown up western aircraft, killing many civilians.
9. Muslim Iraq, in an imperialist war of aggression, invaded and occupied Muslim Kuwait.
10. Muslim Iraq, in an imperialist act of aggression, invaded Muslim Iran with a resulting (some estimates say) death of 2 million people.
11. Muslim Albania, this very minute, is attempting to enlarge its borders at Christian Macedonia's expense.
12. Muslim Northern Nigeria has been (and is currently) an aggressor against the Christian south.
13. Muslims expelled approximately 800,000 Jews from their homelands between 1947 and 1955.
14. During Jordan's occupation of the West Bank, the kingdom undertook an unsuccessful attempt to make Jerusalem a Muslim city by forcing out approximately 10,000 Christian inhabitants.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:16 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Over 900 Syrian refugees were admitted to the U.S. this month, doubling April's total. Since October 1, 2015, more than 2,700 have been granted entrance to America.

The Obama Administration promised to receive 10,000 Syrian refugees by the end of this fiscal year. The flow of refugees has rapidly increased since last February, and the State Department set a single-day record when it admitted 225 on Monday, May 23.

Though about 10 percent of Syria's population is Christian, the refugees have been almost exclusively Muslim. Of the 987 refugees who came in this month, two were Catholic. Nine hundred and seventy-eight were Sunni Muslims, while the remainder did not specify their denomination of Islam. Of the 2,723 refugees admitted to the U.S. this fiscal year, 2,700 were Muslim, or 99 percent.

Seems obama is making due on his promise to destroy as much as he can before he is finally removed from office. I cannot wait till he is gone.

He let in 99% muslims so far.. This last batch had 2 catholics.. out of almost 1000

U.S. Doubles Monthly Syrian Refugee Intake, 987 Admitted This May - Joe Pappalardo
Why import any of these people at all?

Syria has never been a country friendly to the US government, and they have not been too fond of our culture and traditions either.

We have no business importing unfriendly people during a civil war, where all sides despise the USA. And the people of Syria who might be closer to blending in with our culture, the Syrian Christians, are not the people we are importing anyway.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
What would Jesus do?
"Teach them to fish"

Old 06-02-2016, 10:29 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Teach them to fish"
Water into wine baby, water into wine.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:10 AM

1,261 posts, read 949,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you believe the refugees will be forced to return once the war is over?
It's hard to tell what will happen to the refugees after the war. That will depend on the outcome, and chances are the decision for many will be out of their hands. I've worked with refugees who want more than anything to return home after a war, but are not allowed. I've also worked with refugees who are not interested in returning home. Some of those have managed to stay, others have not. War is messy, and so is the aftermath.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:01 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Where is the liberty in forcing a nation's citizens to take on the burden of an uncivilized people financially and culturally?
No one in Canada nor Germany was forced in any way to accept the refugees.
Both nations simply saw it as the humanly decent thing to do.

Are we any less decent and merciful than Canada and Germany? It seems so.

For sure, we are much more afeared of a bunch of starving people who own nothing that what they are able to carry than either of those nations are.

There was once a time when the United States was the first to stand up and take in people displaced by war with no fear of what their religion or politics was or wasn't.

A friend's parents were some of them. They left East Germany 2 jumps ahead of the secret police. None of them spoke a word of English, all they had was an overnight suitcase for 2 adults and 2 children, no papers that weren't communist, and they joined thousands of others who fled in exactly the same condition.
Within a month, they were living here and working in the potato fields. In 18 months, all became citizens.

And, my friend went on to move east when he grew up and married a Jewish girl. That's the America I grew up in and remember, not this pale, trembling weakling that too many of us have become.

My friend's father was forced to join the German army. Forced as in REALLY forced. it was join or die on the spot, not your poozly little fluff of a definition that's scared to death of shadows.

Your definition is cowardly to the bone. i refuse to buy in to cowardice, so don't try to include me in it. Liberty requires courage of the right kind to work, and yours isn't the right kind.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:14 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, essentially robbing a country of their most gifted and talented is a benefit to them?
I was responding to the charge that Syrian refugees are uncivilized. Nice try.

Added by edit.

I should also add that I'm not a big fan of these people. I'm gay, and dealing with the Christian bigots in this country is already tiring enough. Now, I gotta deal with Muslim bigots as well.

Last edited by MetroWord; 06-02-2016 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 01:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Hey right-wingers:

While you're busy flogging the issue of the Syrian refugees as a risk to the homeland, did you know that tourist visas offer a far easier path for terrorists into the country? The Syrian folks are put through a massive screening with FBI and other agencies all but crawling up their asses; meanwhile, some radical dude who has a French citizenship can get a visa easily, hop on a plane, and be in any US city in no time.

Why are none of you worrying about that? That is the far, far greater risk than the Syrian refugees.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I was responding to the charge that Syrian refugees are uncivilized. Nice try.

Added by edit.

I should also add that I'm not a big fan of these people. I'm gay, and dealing with the Christian bigots in this country is already tiring enough. Now, I gotta deal with Muslim bigots as well.
Muslim majority countries throw them off buildings. How can you compare the two?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies