U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 07:39 AM

12,820 posts, read 3,245,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Hopefully yard work? That's where I find the most serenity (vs golf, gym, motorcycle, snowboarding, etc...)
Yes, something of a "green thumb" here, but you list "golf, gym" etc. as alternatives and what? No guns?

Seems for more than a few reasons you don't belong in this forum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I did. I know it. My ex wife was a mortgage officer during the time.

Great movie btw. CArrell was awesome.
My wife a Senior Commercial escrow officer at the time, me a day trader, and oh what a time!

Old 06-04-2016, 07:41 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,015,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I do enjoy dialogue, and no doubt engaging with people who don't agree with me is a little more interesting than simply soliciting agreement, though I prefer the more intelligent and informed arguments either way. I am simply not inclined toward your perspective, because for me there is always better or worse, right or wrong, smarter vs dumber, all to which I'd like to think we strive for higher ground, though clearly not all are so inclined.
To my point: why align yourself with a side? Both are terribly flawed.

Im'conservative' economically meaning finite resources, finite spending. I'm conservative politically meaning the gov can only do 'x'. Which is actually progressive. Yet people align themselves with labels that typecast themselves.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
My wife a Senior Commercial escrow officer at the time, me a day trader, and oh what a time!
You did well. Could have bought more in my neck of the woods. Lol

Old 06-04-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, something of a "green thumb" here, but you list "golf, gym" etc. as alternatives and what? No guns?

Seems for more than a few reasons you don't belong in this forum...
I sold my guns when I down sized my entire life

Old 06-04-2016, 07:53 AM

3,092 posts, read 3,454,276 times
Brown raised taxes and commenced some fiscal discipline. The pension debt is still growing like crazy, but he's in a better place than he was when he took office. He's got an illegal immigrant problem that I think, in my opinion only, will eventually come back to bite him, but he's given them the right to drive and, as a result, vote, so who knows. The mindset there is liberal, so no Republican or Libertarian will be anything other than the required token.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Im'conservative' economically meaning finite resources, finite spending. I'm conservative politically meaning the gov can only do 'x'. Which is actually progressive. Yet people align themselves with labels that typecast themselves.
Tends to get under my skin when suggesting the recognition of finite resources is somehow conservative. Maybe too, then, I'm liberal because I care for the welfare of Americans?

Labels do pose a challenge, but getting the contents correct is important too...

Old 06-04-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Tends to get under my skin when suggesting the recognition of finite resources is somehow conservative. Maybe too, then, I'm liberal because I care for the welfare of Americans?

Labels do pose a challenge, but getting the contents correct is important too...
That's why I used quotes. Neither 'side' believes in finite resources. They both use the fed like its magic. The system broke in 1913.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I addressed your point, comment #99. Have another look...

All you say about the flaws has merit, but everything is relative and almost never equal, as I thought I explained in my comment #99, not if you bother to look carefully at the many differences anyway...

Old 06-04-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
That's why I used quotes. Neither 'side' believes in finite resources. They both use the fed like its magic. The system broke in 1913.
Quotes doesn't make a difference, and you are waffling a bit. First that was your take on being conservative, now it's "both sides."

Getting a little dizzy, and I've got to move on, but good chatting with you this morning. Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies