Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times

Advertisements

In California Liberals just passed a bill that says you have to be 21 y/o to buy cigarettes. Every time the cops have to shoot a juvenile delinquent we hear about how they're "just a child", how their brains aren't fully developed yet, etc. Then they want us to believe a 4 y/o can make the decision o be "trans-gender"?

If their daughter thought she was fat when she was actually skinny, they'd get her therapy, but this they celebrate. You can't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 05:37 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I am being more and more convinced that transgender is a mental illness, not a physical one. I am no scientist, so I could be wrong. I would not, in a million years, change the gender of my child. Some studies show it is a passing phase, and that people who are transgender are no happier after they switch than they were before (high rates of suicide).

The latest example I saw on TV was a sweet young man who was 600 lbs. and underwent bypass surgery. He had a lesbian mother who abused and rejected him, and no father figure. He was raised by a loving grandmother. Is it any wonder he pattered himself after his grandmother? He had no one else. After his grandmother died, he started wearing her clothes.

After he lost much of his weight, he decided he was really meant to be a woman, and he started living his life as one.

My feeling is that if he were raised in a normal home, with normal male and female influences, he would not be, either 600#, or a transsexual.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:59 AM

4 posts, read 1,791 times
[quote=bawac34618;44290392]Correct. I think a person should wait until after puberty before deciding if they are transgender. If this boy still feels as if he's supposed to be a girl at age 14 or 15, then yes, he's probably transgender.

For transgender people, the ideal is to not experience the puberty of their birth-gender. The reason we can usually recognize trans adults by their appearance is because there has not before been any alternative to puberty, so secondary sexual characteristics developed unchecked, and of the surgical and hormonal ways to correct these features, none are perfect.
The more favored treatment these days is for a child to start hormone-stalling therapy (which will allow puberty to proceed, fully and naturally, upon cessation, should the whole thing turn out to be a mistake) before there is any adam's apple or breast development, lowering of voices etc. The beauty of this plan is that it removes the horrendous pressure of the deadline. Today's and tomorrow's adult trans people, who will soon count two of my own children in their numbers, lead far better lives, certainly more peaceful and less likely to be victimized, thanks to their improved appearance. These are just a few of the many very compelling reasons for sorting gender issues out early; I couldn't possibly do justice to my kids' struggles, to the near-overwhelming obstacles they face on a daily basis, nor to the traumatic and mind-blowing upheaval I, as the mom, have faced, and what we've gone through as a family, indeed continue to face, in anything shorter than book-form.
But no, my pretties, this is not a "fad". No one in their right mind would elect to veer from their birth gender. Transitioning, but also the inability to transition, ranks up there in the top 3 hardest trials a human being can face.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:07 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
I'm still stuck on the first sentence where they proudly proclaim that their children have an "intense zeal for life". Did they expect them to be intensely morose and suicidal?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Liberalism is an epidemic that has infected America.

Trump is the cure.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
A 4 year old has no concept of sexual identity. Parents should focus on the child, not the gender.
You could not be more wrong. Remember Dr. T. Berry Brazelton? He could name any infant's gender, without looking in the diaper, unerringly, and within hours of birth. Gender is innate, and asserts itself at birth. It's a matter of chromosomes. If you are unable to relate to your own genitals, if your own body betrays you, and frightens and repulses you, you cannot be comfortable in your own skin. What kid deserves that sentence? How can a kid develop normally, under those conditions?
These kids deserve our love and full support. I say parents should focus on the child's behavior.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The child may very well be transgendered. People like this exist. Why demonize them? What do we gain by that? Acceptance is better.
Indeed, anybody who isn't transgendered shouldn't presume to know what a person would or wouldn't know about themselves at a certain age.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:42 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdyjane View Post
You could not be more wrong. Remember Dr. T. Berry Brazelton? He could name any infant's gender, without looking in the diaper, unerringly, and within hours of birth. Gender is innate, and asserts itself at birth. It's a matter of chromosomes. If you are unable to relate to your own genitals, if your own body betrays you, and frightens and repulses you, you cannot be comfortable in your own skin. What kid deserves that sentence? How can a kid develop normally, under those conditions?
These kids deserve our love and full support. I say parents should focus on the child's behavior.

No but I remember Mr. T. He used to pity the fool that didn't eat his delicious cereal. He didn't care what gender you identified as.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
No but I remember Mr. T. He used to pity the fool that didn't eat his delicious cereal. He didn't care what gender you identified as.
Ha! I thought he pitied the fool that he was about to punch.
Thanks for the chuckle, Uncle Bully

Old 09-28-2016, 12:18 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
...hating transgender people / considering them sickos, etc.
Thinking someone is mentally ill is not hating them. There was a story a few months back about a women who blinded herself because she self-identified as blind even though she was sighted. Do we "hate" her because we think she is mentally ill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies