U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 10:19 PM

15,483 posts, read 17,641,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The confederate flag sits right between the flags of nazi germany and the islamic state. I'm sure you support both of those too.
I do not condone white supremacy in any way, shape or form, but if you are going to put the Confederate flag there, go ahead and put the U.S. flag as well since slavery, Jim Crow, and the genocide of Native Americans was condoned under it. While you are at it, throw the Christian cross in there, too. All manner of unspeakable bigotry has been conducted under the auspices od the church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 10:34 PM

21,622 posts, read 11,079,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
But isn't every day white privilege day?
Michael Jackson thought so.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I not only believe it. History proves it. The war of northern aggression was the fault of the north and I don't know how some of you have been so protected from the truth that you don't have a clue. We had our homes and towns burned, our women raped and much more than that. Some of you act like the Union Army was a group of church leaders but they were vile mean people. There is nothing we in the south have to apologize for. We got back up and went back to work and built our states to such a good place that thousands in the north want to come live here every day. And we welcome those who are decent people. We don't speak to the others unless it is required.

Now we sit here and watch people in Baltimore, Ferguson, Chicago, Michigan, San Jose, etc. acting like a third world country and thank our lucky stars we live where we do and don't have to be around such uncivilized people.
I went to Gettysburg and saw the monuments of those brave men of both sides north and south.. I see them as all Americans and it was a war that should not have been fought.. for what.. young kids on both sides fought... the tough mountain boys from both side fighting for what? It is a sad time for our country. I see myself as both a northerner and a southerner and a westerner.. This country still needs to heal.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Thank God. The fewer people from leftist states that come here, the better.

And yes, a lot of Southerners really do hate Yankees. But then again, Yankees make it pretty easy to hate them.
I don't believe that at all.. we blend very well, northerners and southerners.. blacks, whites, hispanics. We are a great nation. Our leaders stink but we down here where the rubber meets the road, we all care for one another.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:32 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,510,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't believe that at all.. we blend very well, northerners and southerners.. blacks, whites, hispanics. We are a great nation. Our leaders stink but we down here where the rubber meets the road, we all care for one another.
I can agree with this.

[]

Old 06-04-2016, 04:53 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 1 day ago)

47,601 posts, read 45,265,606 times
The Articles of Secession is a document that shows that slavery was a major factor in why the Confederate States wanted secession. Knowing that, this is why the Confederate flag is a reviled symbol among many. I don't like it.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:55 AM

31,758 posts, read 36,431,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I live in the South. I have lived in three different Southern states. This song represents the way of thinking that is very prevalent down here.
Never heard the song before and certainly don't buy your logic.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:42 AM

36,486 posts, read 15,977,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Hum Now I'm wondering if yu even know your own history

The Confederate Flag was adopted by White Supremacy groups~~ and even as recently Dylann Roof displayed it proudly, going into a "Black Church" to assassinate bacl folks having a prayer meeting~~ ( now stands trial in a DP Case federally anyway as a HATE CRIME)..Anyway..just a few links to explain the meaning of the Confederate Flag which maybe you missed in your lifetime
KKK rallies for Confederate flag in S Carolina - AJE News
https://newrepublic.com/article/1222...es-white-power
https://newrepublic.com/article/1222...ay-because-kkk
The Confederate flag symbolizes white supremacy

Happy Friday afternoon educating reads
"The Confederate Flag was adopted by White Supremacy groups~" the KKK which were democrats at the time.

"The Confederate flag symbolizes white supremacy" ONLY to those that are white supremacists.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:01 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,141,226 times
If we have black, Latino, etc. pride celebrations, we should have them for whites, too -- who, after all, created most of civilization.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:03 AM

21,299 posts, read 11,522,246 times
I guess I don't understand how one nut job warrants a discussion thread on this forum. Just like a nutty Muslim burning a flag or something.

Thousands of crazy leftists assaulting American Citizens simply because they do not agree with their politics? That is a discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or