Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 06:09 AM

313 posts, read 329,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The Confederate flag was never a "symbol of hate" until the Looney left demanded that it become one.
The confederate flag is unamerican for one.
The confederacy lost the war, during a CIVIL WAR.

Its as american as a foreign flag, but wprse sonce ot was a regime that cost thousands of American lives.

Red stripes, blue, and white stars is our nations flag.

Doesnt matter if its about hate. Anyone who wants the south to rise again should be considered a terrorist for promoting the uprising of attack of a civil war on American soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 06:33 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't say a word about slavery or the Civil War.

Besides, why would I? We all know that Southerners cared for their kneegrows in the way they they did their sweet magnolia trees!
You do know there were slaves in the north too right?

And that there were black slave owners and slave traders.....

And that blacks in Africa rounded up and sold slaves to the traders......

Every race on the planet has, at one point or another in history been the victims of slavery.

Every other race got over it.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Not true. The Confederate Flag largely died after the civil war until it was resurrected in the early 20th century by groups such as the KKK and then was used to oppose equality for African Americans during the Jim Crow era and beyond. "Heritage not hate" holds no weight in terms of flying the flag today. If it was really about heritage, you would fly the stars and bars, not the Confederate battle flag, but you see nobody doing that.

I'm a transplanted Yankee that's been living in the South for almost 20 years.

I see the American flag and the Confederate flag flown together frequently.

One thing I've learned about southerners, both black and white, is not everyone insists on conflating history with hate.

Oddly enough, call it white guilt or whatever..... but that seems to be a predominantly northern trait.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I went to Gettysburg and saw the monuments of those brave men of both sides north and south.. I see them as all Americans and it was a war that should not have been fought.. for what.. young kids on both sides fought... the tough mountain boys from both side fighting for what? It is a sad time for our country. I see myself as both a northerner and a southerner and a westerner.. This country still needs to heal.

Amen.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:16 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post

Its as american as a foreign flag, but wprse sonce ot was a regime that cost thousands of American lives.

Doesnt matter if its about hate. Anyone who wants the south to rise again should be considered a terrorist for promoting the uprising of attack of a civil war on American soil.
Wow, your last sentence is remarkable. Will you be attending? LOL

Old 06-04-2016, 07:21 AM

455 posts, read 283,291 times
hes an idiot. if you did that back when i was in high school (03) they would've suspended him. that never happened though.

the kid is an attention ***** who is probably in his last month looking to get attention

Old 06-04-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post

I'm a Yankee living in the South and I don't even have the words to respond to this.

I don't know any Southerners who want the "South to rise again".

Old 06-04-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
hes an idiot. if you did that back when i was in high school (03) they would've suspended him. that never happened though.

the kid is an attention ***** who is probably in his last month looking to get attention
If anyone did that when I went to high school they may have gotten sent to the principle's office for disrupting class and the Confederate flag would have been a non issue... but they wouldn't have gotten suspended and the police and counseling certainty would not have been necessary.

In the land of the perpetually offened these days though, it's surprising the kid didn't get charged with a "hate crime"

Old 06-04-2016, 08:14 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I always knew there was a reason I never wanted to visit the south.

And I am sure Southerners are really crying over that. LMAO!!!

Old 06-04-2016, 08:30 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The Confederate flag was never a "symbol of hate" until the Looney left demanded that it become one.
Well then, is it a symbol of "white privilege" as this kid has been taught to believe?

And if so, who demanded it become one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies