U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-21-2016, 05:28 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,146,423 times
Reputation: 4699

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, we DO know all of that.
Wrong.

Quote:
The case went to trial and he was found GUILTY, remember???
So what?

Juries are wrong all the time.

Quote:
Speculation is all you have. In the trial, FACTS were presented.
Not any facts that support your claims.

All I see here is unladylike and ungentlemanly conduct. He should be put on probation for a semester, and she should not be allowed on campus anymore.

Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2016, 05:51 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,801,842 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post


Juries are wrong all the time.

Not any facts that support your claims.
You are contesting the verdict, and you weren't even present for the trial. How do you know there were no facts to support 'my' claims? You're just pulling stuff from your nether regions.

Sure, sometimes juries get it wrong:

The Casey Anthony jury
The OJ Simpson jury
The George Zimmerman jury

All of those juries got it WRONG.

However, that ALSO means that some juries get it RIGHT.

It was not televised. All you have is speculation and your bias to run on, and your 'what ifs'.

So emotional!
So wrong on so many points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 AM
 
10,829 posts, read 4,146,423 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You are contesting the verdict, and you weren't even present for the trial. How do you know there were no facts to support 'my' claims? You're just pulling stuff from your nether regions.

Sure, sometimes juries get it wrong:

The Casey Anthony jury
The OJ Simpson jury
The George Zimmerman jury

All of those juries got it WRONG.

However, that ALSO means that some juries get it RIGHT.

It was not televised. All you have is speculation and your bias to run on, and your 'what ifs'.

So emotional!
So wrong on so many points.
I'm going by what's been reported.

What are you going by -- speaking of "pulling stuff from your nether regions"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 07:37 AM
 
9,580 posts, read 5,776,317 times
Reputation: 9668
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Humping?

There was no sexual intercourse.

Stop trying to pretend that there was.

How do you "know someone for an hour" and not speak to that person?

He might not have known that she had passed out.

He was drunk himself.
I'm not pretending that there was sexual intercourse. He was however found humping her while fondling her. Do you understand how that could be happening without it being intercourse?

I found the actual police reports the other day and it turns out that the time frame that he knew her was more like 5 minutes. He didn't know her and she didn't know him. He was alert and coherent when found by the police. He was also able to run "very fast" according to the guys who tackled him. A witness also reported seeing a man taking photos of an unconscious girl in the alley prior to the police arrival which makes it clear that she was passed out already when things began and that he had to have known that she was not conscious.

Don't hook up with inebriated strangers that you just met a couple of minutes ago. Don't hook up with inebriated strangers who can't speak coherently. Don't hook up with inebriated strangers after they have fallen down. Don't continue to hook up with them after they have stopped moving. Don't take photos of them when they are passed out.

It's really not that complicated. Sorry this is so difficult for you to comprehend.

Here is a link to the police reports. I suggest you read all of them prior to posting more. Complaint Brock Turner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 07:40 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,801,842 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I'm going by what's been reported.
It was reported that the woman consented to sex before losing consciousness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 08:00 AM
 
43 posts, read 20,601 times
Reputation: 53
Personally I believe that the guy committed a crime. That said when will we say that young women who dress like hookers and take drugs and alcohol and pass out at parties are setting them-self up for a crime? Sorry girls but this is a fact. If you go into the hood with a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your vest pocket you have to blame yourself for being stupid. Not saying this gives a pass to the criminal but you can not be stupid. It reminds me of a time when me and my Brother went to NOLA. We were on bourbon st. watching the women drop top at 3am. We saw two black guys dragging a blond who was passed out into the dark street away from the people. My brother looked at me and I said if you come to NOLA and get drunk and pass out this may be Darwin at work. Sorry not my problem. Don't be so frigging stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 08:09 AM
 
12,063 posts, read 6,647,624 times
Reputation: 12882
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilletteflare View Post
Personally I believe that the guy committed a crime. That said when will we say that young women who dress like hookers and take drugs and alcohol and pass out at parties are setting them-self up for a crime? Sorry girls but this is a fact. If you go into the hood with a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your vest pocket you have to blame yourself for being stupid. Not saying this gives a pass to the criminal but you can not be stupid. It reminds me of a time when me and my Brother went to NOLA. We were on bourbon st. watching the women drop top at 3am. We saw two black guys dragging a blond who was passed out into the dark street away from the people. My brother looked at me and I said if you come to NOLA and get drunk and pass out this may be Darwin at work. Sorry not my problem. Don't be so frigging stupid.

Sick, if you didn't call police and report that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 08:16 AM
 
43 posts, read 20,601 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sick, if you didn't call police and report that.
Sorry, its not my job, If I saw a crime that I knew for a fact was a crime I would call. But by the time the cops cut through the crowds to get to me I doubt they would be any where near by. My point is when you go to a place like NOLA or Mexico you need to keep on your toes. Don't drink unless your at a closed resort or on the cruise ship. Its like that girl from Alabama who went to Aruba and has never been found. If your that stupid your just going to get stuck in the tar pit at some other place. Not my job to keep idiots out of the tar pits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,915 posts, read 102,377,003 times
Reputation: 32973
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilletteflare View Post
Personally I believe that the guy committed a crime. That said when will we say that young women who dress like hookers and take drugs and alcohol and pass out at parties are setting them-self up for a crime? Sorry girls but this is a fact. If you go into the hood with a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your vest pocket you have to blame yourself for being stupid. Not saying this gives a pass to the criminal but you can not be stupid. It reminds me of a time when me and my Brother went to NOLA. We were on bourbon st. watching the women drop top at 3am. We saw two black guys dragging a blond who was passed out into the dark street away from the people. My brother looked at me and I said if you come to NOLA and get drunk and pass out this may be Darwin at work. Sorry not my problem. Don't be so frigging stupid.
When? This has been said throughout the ages! Women have been blamed for rape for like forever! "She uncovered her face!", etc.

You know, I have a brother, and we're very close. I can't imagine him saying that to me! "Darwin"? Seriously? And frankly, I think you should have called 911 on the scenario you describe, though I'm not sure what point the race/hair color of the people involved had.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 06-21-2016 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2016, 09:10 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,801,842 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Here is a link to the police reports. I suggest you read all of them prior to posting more. Complaint Brock Turner
Thanks for posting that! I read the entire report, and what struck me the most was that every witness described the same thing EXCEPT WIDDLE BWOCKIE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top