Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 02:44 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,132,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They used to be taught these things but are they still? Apparently this young woman thought it was safe to go to a party with young men and drink until she lost all control of herself. She should have been taught better.

He says he didn't intend to rape anyone and that is likely true. He was a very drunk person looking for another very drunk person to make a sexy time with. He found someone, but at some point she passed out and, being very drunk, he did not stop what he was doing. That's wrong, and you can define it as rape, but it isn't the sort of rape that warrants a 10-year prison term. Six months seems quite reasonable.
I doubt you'd have the same opinion if you woke up and found out that you'd been raped. Don't worry, though. He didn't mean anything by it. And he's a really good swimmer. We wouldn't want to wreck his life too, would we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 03:14 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't know who Barney Fife is, I just don't see the reason to bring up some case where the accusations ended up being false, when that wasn't the case here. Only 8% of rape accusations end up being false, which would probably be much lower if women felt more comfortable going to the police. With every rape case, people want to bring up the fact that so and so lied about her rape, so maybe this girl is lying to. Those numbers would probably be much lower if people didn't try to blame the woman for her rape. Did you not read all the questions the girl was asked on the stand? Like what she ate for dinner that night, what color were the clothes she was wearing, who did she call while at the party, etc... as if any of those questions have to do with the man raping her behind a dumpster.

If someone is murdered, we don't care what they were wearing, how many men they have slept with, or how often they drink, because it has nothing to do with the murder. Yet for rape victims, every personal detail about their life needs to be brought up. As if that isn't enough. it also needs to be brought up that "Oh those Duke Lacrosse players were innocent..." As if that has anything to do with this girl being raped. Was she the one to accuse the Duke players? No, so we have no reason to believe that she had anything to do with that.
I agree with you but I think the poster brought up the white lacrosse players and the accusee being black. The postet he was responding to had mentioned race so he brought up the Duke players.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:26 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Maybe if he was locked up with the general population and got raped himself he would understand how serious this is. He is obviously another rapist with no guilt or remorse.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:34 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Do we know that nothing was slipped into her drink? Would she be responsible for that?
Bill Cosby

Old 06-07-2016, 05:15 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If adults, we own our choices. Period.
This man Brock refuses to own his choice.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:05 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98
F this guy and his father who has a scumbsg of a son. And F the stupid judge, we have another Ethan Couch scumbag who thinks they can victimize as they please. What a coward, star swimmer who has to force himself on an unconcious woman. A coward.
Indeed as no one would accept him otherwise Nema,he is a bonified loser!

Old 06-07-2016, 06:44 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
According to the father's letter, he doesn't even think his son did anything wrong!

And that "20 minutes of action". Good lord! Is that how he was raised? To see having sex as "getting action"?

This ain't the 1950s!
As a '50s-'60s raised child I can safely tell you "getting action" meant consensual sex.

Neither I nor anyone I knew or grew up with in white bread suburbia considered taking advantage of a drunk girl an "opportunity".

If anything it meant a possible severe beating or being killed at the hands of the victim's father and brothers prior to the legal system taking over the case.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:53 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
In the real world people don't make smart choices or even agree on what a smart choice is. Certainly neither niether of the people involved in this case did anything smart that night.
What he did was illegal. Rape is against the law She did nothing illegal. So in your mind, is he less guilty because she was drunk, or is she partly to blame for getting intoxicated? This way of thinking is indeed quite scary.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:54 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
They used to be taught these things but are they still? Apparently this young woman thought it was safe to go to a party with young men and drink until she lost all control of herself. She should have been taught better.

He says he didn't intend to rape anyone and that is likely true. He was a very drunk person looking for another very drunk person to make a sexy time with. He found someone, but at some point she passed out and, being very drunk, he did not stop what he was doing. That's wrong, and you can define it as rape, but it isn't the sort of rape that warrants a 10-year prison term. Six months seems quite reasonable.
Wow.
Blame the victim.

Then, if he didn't think he was doing anything wrong, why did he try to run away?
I mean, get real.
His remorse is at getting caught.
The judge obviously is one of those guys who thinks men's lives and ability to maintain a livelihood is way more important than the well-being of some throw-away female. This attitude is rampant.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:56 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Speaking from the gay side of the fence, one time I had a totally hot guy completely drunk and offering himself to me back in college. You know what I did? I helped him back to my dorm room and had him sleep on my bed while I slept on the floor. We ended up dating after that.

It puzzles me why certain people are desperate for sex enough to take advantage of drunk girls and guys. I got plenty of consensual sex in college. No need to drug or get drunk anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies