Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 09:57 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee
I wish people were nice, honorable, caring....like you and me. They aren't. If a female is passed out drunk she is partly responsible for being assaulted, in my opinion.
Stay far away from women. Please. That's really all I can say.
Actually texan2yankee is a woman, surprisingly enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Actually texan2yankee is a woman, surprisingly enough.

Wow. I'll just leave it at that, but wow.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
The attorneys for Turner are planning to appeal the sentence.

6 months is just too much time for his crime I guess.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:09 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I think people who excuse this type of criminal behavior have themselves committed it. There's really no other explanation other than of course they condone it, they've done it themselves. They see nothing wrong with it.

Agreed. I think there is also a group who have themselves been violated and feel immense shame, have perhaps never admitted the violation, and society has done a good job on making them feel responsible for what has happened to them. Self loathing if you will.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:19 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The attorneys for Turner are planning to appeal the sentence.

6 months is just too much time for his crime I guess.
Oh yeah. If anything SHE should have to do jail time, for being unconscious and tempting this great young man to engage in 20 minutes of action with her!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes. No, of course not. Assuming it is true that the situation began as consensual drunken foreplay, she bears some responsibility for what happened. And yes, he is guilty of a less serious crime than is a person who commits forcible rape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Brock Turner had tried to kiss the victim's sister twice at the party prior to the incident, without even talking to her. She was creeped out by that because, well, it is creepy. What guy tries to kiss a girl he doesn't know without even speaking to her? It says a lot about his state of mind that night. Just a guy looking to hook up with anyone with no strings attached and apparently no conversation necessary. No one who testified, including the victim recalls any interaction between the victim and Brock at the party.

The victim's sister left the party just one hour prior to the time when the victim was found in the alley. The victim had called and left a voicemail for her boyfriend at 12:15 where she sounded so drunk that her boyfriend couldn't even figure out what she was saying. At 12:30 she called her sister and her sister asked her to call he back because she couldn't understand what she was saying either. How much quality time could she possibly have spent with Brock prior to ending up in the alley with him, half naked, behind a dumpster with him on top of her? At the absolute most, she spent one hour with him, completely drunk and blacked out. More likely it was even less then that since she was calling people within that time frame so maybe a half hour tops. According to Brock's earliest statements to police, there was zero conversation between himself and the victim.
This.

Dark, you need to read up on this case because there is zero evidence of drunken foreplay. That's likely why he lost.

No one saw them together kissing before he was found on top of her. He did not claim anything consensual happened... his initial statements to police made no such claim... until AFTER it came out that the young lady had blacked out and didn't remember anything. THEN he claimed she consented and liked it. Lastly, the physical evidence is not consistent with consensual anything. Her internal abrasions were consistent with someone who was NOT aroused at the time of penetration, and she had bruises indicative of being dragged on the ground.

Last time anyone saw her she was fall down drunk and incoherent. Last time anyone saw him he was trying to kiss random strangers at a frat party (the sister was NOT the only one) and was rebuffed multiple times, because he was just walking up to girls he didn't know trying to ram his tongue down their throat.

He was convicted for a reason.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Oh yeah. If anything SHE should have to do jail time, for being unconscious and tempting this great young man to engage in 20 minutes of action with her!

It is a crime not to remember if you took off your cardigan (although considering it is the Bay Area, the odds are low. Nights are frosty). That is at least 6 months right there. And another 6 months for going to a college party when you are no longer in college.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:25 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wow.
Blame the victim.

Then, if he didn't think he was doing anything wrong, why did he try to run away?
I mean, get real.
His remorse is at getting caught.
The judge obviously is one of those guys who thinks men's lives and ability to maintain a livelihood is way more important than the well-being of some throw-away female. This attitude is rampant.
No, the judge is "one of those guy's" who thinks he ought to follow pre-sentence recommendations given to him by the pre-sentence unit of the court's probation department. You know, in some professions there is a standard protocol, standard of care, or way of doing things. Perhaps, you can relate to that.

I'm not saying whether I agree that a sentence of six months for this crime is appropriate or not. I'm saying people who criticize this judge truly don't understand the way the system works.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Ah yes, I remember this story. You think the usual suspects defending Brock will defend Brian?

I won't hold my breath.
No that case just proves that women fabricate rape all the time and it is a myth.

Clearly the victim here wasn't raped, I mean all women want dirt and pine needles in their vagina. It is all part of the "fun."

Old 06-07-2016, 10:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Oh, it just gets better. His childhood friend, a female, also wrote a letter to the judge saying:

Quote:
“I don’t think it’s fair to base the fate of the next 10+ years of his life on the decision of a girl who doesn’t remember anything but the amount she drank to press charges against him. I am notblaming her directly for this, because that isn’t right,” she wrote to Judge Persky. “But where do we draw the line and stop worrying about being politically correct every second of the day and see that rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists.”
She goes on to say even more in this article, including that people who do these things on campus aren't really rapists, they're boys and girls with clouded judgement.

His entire world seems to be filled with the entitled, misguided, special snowflakes who think rules don't apply to them.

I wonder if she'd feel that way if she was the one who had been raped.

And I wonder how much the Turner's would be screaming if they had a daughter who had experienced the same.

They've earned a giant F as parents. They're all a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies