Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2016, 05:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,539,979 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised everyone is going after the judge, but not the Probation Officer who did the pre-sentencing report that the judge went by.

Nobody has said a word about her - and she's the one who came up with the sentencing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 05:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,390,278 times
Quote:
I'm surprised everyone is going after the judge, but not the Probation Officer who did the pre-sentencing report that the judge went by.

Nobody has said a word about her - and she's the one who came up with the sentencing.
People are running on emotion here more than anything.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,390,278 times
Quote:
I have two sons. Thankfully they are finished with college, but if I was counseling my boys now if entering college, I would tell them not to have sex with a girl unless they are both completely sober. Kind of sad, actually, because I think college is the time we experiment and explore sex for fun. I wasn't always sober when having sex in college. Were you, ray?

Sex now can cause young men a lifetime of harm if the girl wakes up and decides sex was a mistake. An accusation of sex without consent can ruin a young man's life on a woman's word only, without a trial. Yale basketball captain was expelled without a trial based on an accusation, is an example.
Pretty soon we're all going to be filling out 10 page applications, back ground checks, consensual sex authorization forms from both parties and required to have 2 lawyers present as witnesses in the hotel room.

This whole controversy is simply a sign to me that we have forgotten how to conduct ourselves with one another and in the world in general. No shame, no respect, no caring. For all we have it seems were closer to animal than ever.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:02 PM

15,593 posts, read 10,338,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Pretty soon we're all going to be filling out 10 page applications, back ground checks, consensual sex authorization forms from both parties and required to have 2 lawyers present as witnesses in the hotel room. [snip]
That is the message to men who have sex with a woman in college. It really is.

Women will soon be in the same boat and accused as rapists. College men will accuse college women of rape and women will suffer the same repercussions of rape. Women can be sexual aggressors, too. Women teachers are on the front page of the newspaper every day being accuse of sexual assault of male underage students.

Do the current feminists think women are less sexual, not my experience, or predatory than men?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-10-2016 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-10-2016, 08:11 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,551,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have two sons. Thankfully they are finished with college, but if I was counseling my boys now if entering college, I would tell them not to have sex with a girl unless they are both completely sober. Kind of sad, actually, because I think college is the time we experiment and explore sex for fun. I wasn't always sober when having sex in college. Were you, ray?

Sex now can cause young men a lifetime of harm if the girl wakes up and decides sex was a mistake. An accusation of sex without consent can ruin a young man's life on a woman's word only, without a trial. Yale basketball captain was expelled without a trial based on an accusation, is an example.
I can give you better advice. Tell your boys not to force their digits into a passed out girl behind a dumpster when they are horny. It's not that difficult to instill morals into a college kid. I am sure your boys can figure it out on their own. Obviously you are confused.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,054,384 times
Quote:

Quote:
Pretty soon we're all going to be filling out 10 page applications, back ground checks, consensual sex authorization forms from both parties and required to have 2 lawyers present as witnesses in the hotel room.

This whole controversy is simply a sign to me that we have forgotten how to conduct ourselves with one another and in the world in general. No shame, no respect, no caring. For all we have it seems were closer to animal than ever.
Absolutely agree. I graduated from college in 2010 and it was nowhere near this bad at that time (which was only 6 years ago).

I had sex with tons of drunk girls. I'm sure that, being a white male, I would be targeted by false rape allegations these days.

Luckily, college is on the downswing anyway. People are waking up and finally realizing that it's just a big scam for the most part. So my kids (who are not born yet) may not even have to deal with this nonsense once they become college-aged.

One thing I will teach my daughters is to not play victim and to be responsible for their actions.

Quote:
That is the message to men who have sex with a woman in college. It really is.

Women will soon be in the same boat and accused as rapists. College men will accuse college women of rape and women will suffer the same repercussions of rape. Women can be sexual aggressors, too. Women teachers are on the front page of the newspaper every day being accuse of sexual assault of male underage students.

Do the current feminists think women are less sexual, not my experience, or predatory than men?
Feminists don't care about that. They are pushing an agenda, which is female dominance. As a man, feminism is not my friend.

Women that have sex with underage children still get off easy in comparison to men. I learned when I was in college that women can't rape a man legally. Because, if they have sex, his penis is erect. Therefore, he is giving consent. It is, at best, sexual assault.

Not sure if the laws are still that way, but they were back in 2005 (or so) in my home state.

Big deal. He sent a photo of a woman's breasts to his friends. That's what college guys do.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:27 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,108,423 times
Looks like Brock was looking for "20 minutes of action" before the assault---at another party, he was freaking women out by putting his hands on them:

Stanford Swimmer Exhibited Concerning Behavior Before Sex Assault: Prosecutors - ABC News

Old 06-10-2016, 08:28 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,551,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Absolutely agree. I graduated from college in 2010 and it was nowhere near this bad at that time (which was only 6 years ago).

I had sex with tons of drunk girls. I'm sure that, being a white male, I would be targeted by false rape allegations these days.

Luckily, college is on the downswing anyway. People are waking up and finally realizing that it's just a big scam for the most part. So my kids (who are not born yet) may not even have to deal with this nonsense once they become college-aged.

One thing I will teach my daughters is to not play victim and to be responsible for their actions.

Feminists don't care about that. They are pushing an agenda, which is female dominance. As a man, feminism is not my friend.

Women that have sex with underage children still get off easy in comparison to men. I learned when I was in college that women can't rape a man legally. Because, if they have sex, his penis is erect. Therefore, he is giving consent. It is, at best, sexual assault.

Not sure if the laws are still that way, but they were back in 2005 (or so) in my home state.

Big deal. He sent a photo of a woman's breasts to his friends. That's what college guys do.
Future sex offenders starter manual. Please read.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,734,158 times
Quote:
People are running on emotion here more than anything.

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvGmOZ5T6_Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies