Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 01:54 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Aww, I say they can stay as long as they work and stay out of trouble.
I guess you have never lost work or a job because of some illegal POS. Or perhaps you are one. If you are one---- go home!

For any American citizen that feels this way, take a trip and visit some of these third world **** holes! Not the parts in the tourist zones, catering to rich Americans, Canadians and Europeans but the parts of these country's the tour guides don't take you too. Most are not educated. lots of crime! They live several generations to a small house. yards, if they have any are un kept. Zoning is unheard of/unenforced. Police are corrupt and don't care. Commit a crime and get caught? just give the officer a few bucks. Drivers licenses? Many don't have. traffic laws? Not followed. Insurance, they don't believe companies will pay so most don't have it.

guess what, those are the ones that are coming here illegally. They are turning our once great nation into the exact **** hole they left because that is all they know. And they never got the education to learn any other way so they WILL NOT CHANGE. THEY WILL NOT LEARN ENGLISH. THEY WILL NOT BECOME AMERICANS.....EVER!

Those country's do have educated people who follow and respect the laws and there are ways to legally immigrate. If there isn't a way to do it legally, too bad. We don't want you. You bring nothing to this country. You just take, take and take. Life isn't fair and there is absolutely nothing stating that we all have the right to move anywhere we so please. Stay home and try to fix your own country. We did here. you (illegas) can as well. They all have a defeatest attitude and think that the good ol US of A is here to save everyone. Sorry to burst your illegal frikin bubble but things don't work that way and you are starting to wake up the anti-illegal but before silent majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 02:46 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
I guess you have never lost work or a job because of some illegal POS. Or perhaps you are one. If you are one---- go home!

For any American citizen that feels this way, take a trip and visit some of these third world **** holes! Not the parts in the tourist zones, catering to rich Americans, Canadians and Europeans but the parts of these country's the tour guides don't take you too. Most are not educated. lots of crime! They live several generations to a small house. yards, if they have any are un kept. Zoning is unheard of/unenforced. Police are corrupt and don't care. Commit a crime and get caught? just give the officer a few bucks. Drivers licenses? Many don't have. traffic laws? Not followed. Insurance, they don't believe companies will pay so most don't have it.

guess what, those are the ones that are coming here illegally. They are turning our once great nation into the exact **** hole they left because that is all they know. And they never got the education to learn any other way so they WILL NOT CHANGE. THEY WILL NOT LEARN ENGLISH. THEY WILL NOT BECOME AMERICANS.....EVER!

Those country's do have educated people who follow and respect the laws and there are ways to legally immigrate. If there isn't a way to do it legally, too bad. We don't want you. You bring nothing to this country. You just take, take and take. Life isn't fair and there is absolutely nothing stating that we all have the right to move anywhere we so please. Stay home and try to fix your own country. We did here. you (illegas) can as well. They all have a defeatest attitude and think that the good ol US of A is here to save everyone. Sorry to burst your illegal frikin bubble but things don't work that way and you are starting to wake up the anti-illegal but before silent majority.
Nope. Most come from Mexico which is not third world. Maybe not first but not third either. Twice the GDP per capita of China. Only 10% less than Russia and better than some of the minor European nations. Driven by economic opportunity mostly though this list tends to denigrate that. And virtually the entire first US born generation is competent in English. Reasonable health care and education system.

Some do suffer from caste like social system. Indigenous stock is considered a less desirable class.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:43 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post

WOW, you think I am illegal just because of my view on what to do with illegals that currently reside in the country? Nope, I am a full blooded born American who's view is pretty much in line with the majority of the country.
What Americans want to do about illegal immigration | Pew Research Center

Old 06-05-2016, 04:22 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
WOW, you think I am illegal just because of my view on what to do with illegals that currently reside in the country? Nope, I am a full blooded born American who's view is pretty much in line with the majority of the country.

Any site/article that calls illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is not a viable source.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Not all of them are doing that. Many of those that over-stayed Visa's have legit SS numbers. Also there are tons of US citizens and legal immigrants earning money under the table (evading taxes) and no one gripes about them.

As far as Trump. Him being from NYC and being in the hotel business nationwide he has to know that the service industry relies heavily on immigrant labor.

Where do you get the notion that law abiding Americans don't care about citizen or legal immigrants earning money under the table? Your opinion doesn't count as fact. Besides, are these above groups making a living at it or just cash side jobs? It's a whole lot more of a problem when one does it on a full time basis.

What's wrong with "immigrant" labor or are you just blurring the lines between legal and illegal?

Old 06-05-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Aww, I say they can stay as long as they work and stay out of trouble.
Your opinion doesn't count. Americans need their jobs back. If illegals are allowed to remain here how is that going to happen? Illegals have already proven they are trouble by violating our immigration laws and working here illegally with a fake or stolen ID or for cash evading taxes. Why should we reward that behavior? Allowing them to remain here negates our sane quotas for legal immigration also.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Any site/article that calls illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is not a viable source.
you did not see the title?

You don't like the obvious and well presented information so you complain about the site?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Says you? Your opinion does not take the positive side so of course you will think the poll is skewed.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:05 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
my relative thinks if trump gets in and deports all the illegals, it would be bad because prices for produce will necessarily skyrocket. this person thinks that americans wont be willing to pick veggies and fruit in the hot sun for 12 hrs a day, and I think she is right. I don't think we should put up will violent or dangerous illegals but I must say I admire anyone who busts their ass off to make a living. what do you all think about this?
Fruit pickers aren't illegal workers. We would still have a guest worker program, plus the many legal citizens who do that job.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Where do you get the notion that law abiding Americans don't care about citizen or legal immigrants earning money under the table? Your opinion doesn't count as fact. Besides, are these above groups making a living at it or just cash side jobs? It's a whole lot more of a problem when one does it on a full time basis.

What's wrong with "immigrant" labor or are you just blurring the lines between legal and illegal?
Both. Do not think you will find many home improvement contractors that report all earnings. Anytime I got a quote, I always ask what if I pay cash? They lower the price and am pretty sure they don't report it. I know part time musicians that play in bands and earn upwards of 20K a year all mostly in cash. Many of the Pizza shops in my area run as a family business and pay all their help under the table. Sure there are many more examples out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies