U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-28-2016, 11:36 AM
 
15,366 posts, read 5,715,057 times
Reputation: 11512

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I thought they would drag this out for a few more months but I guess they re-thought that strategy.
Once it was evident they had nothing they figured it was better to get it out now and hope that by November, the electorate forgets all about how much of their money the nine Republican-led pretend Benghazi committees squandered on a failed political witch hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2016, 11:36 AM
 
40,114 posts, read 24,358,043 times
Reputation: 12624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So after her deranged response to the Benghazi Affair, her illegal deletion of 30,000 emails, the over 2,000 classified emails found on her unsecure server, her repeated failure to comply with State Department security requests to use the secure government system, her likely exposure of highly classified data to international hackers and her repeated lies about Benghazi and a lot of other things you get ...

"Clinton has the smarts, stamina, and backbone - and then some - to be an effective president"

out of all that?

Setting the bar rather low, aren't you?
Her response wasn't deranged.

Likely exposure? The problem with your argument is that the government servers have been hacked. We know they've been hacked. Whereas, we know that her server was attacked, but so far no one has shown that her server was compromised.

She has said that she made a mistake in how she set up her State Department e-mails.

The FBI investigation might reveal that she acted illegally, or it might reveal that she did not.

In the meantime, Secretary Clinton does have the smarts, stamina and backbone to be an effective President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 11:42 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,511 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Reputation: 14244
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Looks more like blind one sided politics to IMO. Worthless thread.

Worthless that the decisions made prior to and leading right up to the hours of the attack, were politically motivated.

Politics was placed above the lives of Americans, for pure political gain.
Anyone defending that, should be ashamed and not even considered an American any longer. They should be executed, immediately.

Nothing can justify, the actions of the leadership of this nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 11:46 AM
 
32,467 posts, read 16,628,735 times
Reputation: 17465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
There was no government. It was a failed terrorist state at the time the attack happened.
Sigh. Gaddafi was overthrown, the National Transit Council held control of Libya until elections were held in 2012 and the National Congress took over the reins of government. Libya actually still looked as if she had a chance in 2012.

Quote:
Who were we going to ask?
The representatives of the National Congress with whom we had established diplomatic connections. Sheesh, is this hard?

Quote:
ISIS?
You are literally years off the timeline - at least as events happened in reality, can't speak to the version of events peddled in GOPistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 12:08 PM
 
14,202 posts, read 6,110,494 times
Reputation: 8851
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because I would like to know what the differences are between the two reports. But whatever the answer to that question is, the real issue is, is there a smoking gun in either of them that implicates Clinton and/or the Administration of wrongdoing? Because if not, then the GOP Congress has just squandered millions more of taxpayer dollars on nothing. And it seems the "nothings" have it.

You seem to have completely disregarded that part of my post. I wonder why.
Yes! They lied to the American public about it. Fact. They sat in a two-hour meeting to see how to help our people without hurting the Libyan's feelings (should they go in with uniforms or without). They never sent anyone to help them in fact. The people that did go help them either chartered a plane or went in without waiting for permission. We had two unarmed drones there to record events of seven hours of fighting, but never armed them or sent help. No help, and after the fact they said they couldn't have gotten to them on time. How did they know that during the fight? They didn't. The Gaddafi militia helped our people more than our own military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 PM
 
2,634 posts, read 1,122,331 times
Reputation: 3594
The small gov't party spent million$$$ on 9 investigations and came up with squat. No wonder they are called the "do nothing party."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Secure Bunker
5,464 posts, read 2,499,789 times
Reputation: 5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
  • In the real world - not the one depicted by Tom Clancy - national armed forces ask before crossing borders, because not doing so is kinda-sorta considered invasion and it's very bad form.
  • Libya was very much not "the country who is attacking a US embassy" - the people who carried out the attack were in open, armed revolt against Libya's government.
  • Also it wasn't an embassy.
Lame excuse making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 12:51 PM
 
32,467 posts, read 16,628,735 times
Reputation: 17465
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The Gaddafi militia helped our people more than our own military.
Impressive, I thought Gaddafi was busy being dead at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 12:53 PM
 
32,467 posts, read 16,628,735 times
Reputation: 17465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Lame excuse making.
Your well-reasoned, factual counterpoints have enriched us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2016, 12:54 PM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,430,715 times
Reputation: 14640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The small gov't party spent million$$$ on 9 investigations and came up with squat. No wonder they are called the "do nothing party."
Yep, they & their supporters are the poster children of hypocrites & derangement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top