U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 06:18 AM

5,116 posts, read 1,796,911 times

Advertisements

Even though it was a personal attack(against the forum rules), Ill agree on the azz part.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html

Is this one classified, or perhaps the better question is -was- it at the time that it was communicated?

It both is and is not based on the information given, which one takes precedence?

In any event, it is clearly not about bridesmaids and/or yoga.

It is not a witch hunt when you have a learned treatise such as this, there are many others.
Attached Thumbnails
Benghazi Committee Ends-2016_0801_1.png  

Last edited by tripleh; 08-01-2016 at 06:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:29 AM

5,818 posts, read 5,142,600 times
Boy, republicans who are supposedly against big government sure blew a huge amount of our tax money on this stupid witch hunt.

Stop using my money for your ugly political agenda, republicans!

Old 08-01-2016, 07:04 AM

36,396 posts, read 15,918,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Boy, republicans who are supposedly against big government sure blew a huge amount of our tax money on this stupid witch hunt.

"who are supposedly against big government sure blew a huge amount of our tax money on this stupid witch hunt."

Ilove these kinds of accusations.

HINT. All the people who worked on this ARE FEDEAL GOVERMENT EMPLOYEES and would have been paid anyway.

And I'd bet you NEVER voiced 1 single word of criticism about the Valerie Plame fiasco.

The dems held control of the House for 40 STRAIGHT YEARS and you probably they they NEVER held a single hearing.

"hypocrite" comes to mind!

Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,360,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

Rooting out the TRUTH is never a waste of money (or time). It just takes longer when the subjects don't cooperate by 'not recalling' or pleading the 5th 25 times in a row.

So, if your objection is the amount of tax money, write your fave Dems and urge them to come clean faster.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:51 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,419,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
This is a typical political response to deflect/backpedal away from the original subject once you've been had: to state an obvious fact away from the main subject, the SAT is obviously an achievement test--scoring in the 95th percentile is over 2 sigma higher than the average when looking at 2 of the measures of central tendency(mean and median. the measure of mode does not offer any significance in this discussion).
While that is true, the SAT is not an intelligence test.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM

8,712 posts, read 7,912,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Even though it was a personal attack(against the forum rules), Ill agree on the azz part...

You don't get to tell me I need to be "spoon-fed common logic and deductive reasoning" and then complain about personal attacks, my friend.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:22 AM

15,367 posts, read 5,656,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you can tell me which of the other attacks were against an outpost or mission in a known haven for competing rebel factions, after repeatedly asking for additional security and been rejected or ignored by the State Department, I'd hold the head of the State Department responsible for the mismanagement.
Ah, I see. We will throw a whole bunch of qualifiers on this particular attack in order to pretend that it's so much different from any other embassy attack, and therefore we can also then pretend that we're focusing on this one for other reasons aside from pure politics.

Quote:
btw, didn't Clinton say she takes responsibility for what happened in Benghazi. Do you think she lied
She took responsibility as the head of the State Department. That's what real leaders do. They don't blame everyone else for everything. Remember the saying, "The buck stops here"? That's what it means.

A President Trump would probably have a plaque on his desk that says, "The buck stops anywhere but here." Because The Donald is never, ever wrong. Just ask him.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:57 AM

9,479 posts, read 4,835,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ah, I see. We will throw a whole bunch of qualifiers on this particular attack in order to pretend that it's so much different from any other embassy attack, and therefore we can also then pretend that we're focusing on this one for other reasons aside from pure politics.

She took responsibility as the head of the State Department. That's what real leaders do. They don't blame everyone else for everything. Remember the saying, "The buck stops here"? That's what it means.
Darn right I'll use qualifiers when you compare Benghazi to attacks that were not like Benghazi. I'll figure you can't find another case where an attacked facility's repeated requests for more security were rejected and ignored. Not only was Clinton head of the mismanaged department, she was an architect of the whole policy that created the Libyan heckhole.

If she took responsibility, what's your beef with others saying she's responsible ? She wasn't in a position to pass the buck to her boss. Of course, taking responsibility is easy when there are no consequences. Or when down the road you can do what she just did with classified emails on her basement computers --- blame it on the judgment of the professionals she worked with.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:06 AM

15,367 posts, read 5,656,870 times
Quote:
Darn right I'll use qualifiers when you compare Benghazi to attacks that were not like Benghazi. I'll figure you can't find another case where an attacked facility's repeated requests for more security were rejected and ignored.
You can't say that because never, ever has any other embassy attack been investigated to this degree. Who knows what went on behind the scenes of every other attack? There was no rabid political party intent on investigating each one down to the last period on the talking points in any other attack, so what was or was not requested, what funding Congress cut leading up to it, etc., will forever be shrouded in time. And you don't care one whit about any of those other attacks because there is no political hay to make there for your party.

That is the one and only difference between this tragic event and ever other one that came before it. Intelligent people understand that. And that's why Benghazi as a "scandal" has been such a bust for Republicans.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:24 AM

36,396 posts, read 15,918,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

A President Trump would probably have a plaque on his desk that says, "The buck stops anywhere but here." Because The Donald is never, ever wrong. Just ask him.
""The buck stops anywhere but here.""

That is Obama's mantra.

In is 7 years has he EVER taken responsibility for ANY of his actions?

Hillary "said" she took responsibility" what exactly did she do except say it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies