Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 11:07 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, Lily, you have already told us all that you will not accept the findings of the previous eight Republican-led investigations. Have you read those reports? They answer all of your questions. Why don't you tell us in your own words why you will not accept those conclusions, drawn by Republicans, if it has nothing to do with what you want the answers to be?

And stop with the overwrought dramatics. No one is telling you to shut up. I'm actually asking you to explain why no answer that has been given--again and again and again and again at least NINE times now-- is good enough for you? (Unless, of course, they are simply not the answers you want, which you deny.)
I don't think I am the one who is been overwrought dramatic (whatever that means) You quoted me first, remember? Every single time there is a topic about benghazi, you have to tell people to get over it. Every single time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHwJSI7afiU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 11:07 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think I am the one who is been overwrought dramatic (whatever that means) You quoted me first, remember?
You keep claiming I'm telling you to shut up. Actually, I'm asking you to respond to the questions I keep asking. Which you continue to avoid, while continuing to claim I'm telling you to shut up.

But if you don't want to answer the questions, that's fine.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You keep claiming I'm telling you to shut up. Actually, I'm asking you to respond to the questions I keep asking. Which you continue to avoid, while continuing to claim I'm telling you to shut up.

But if you don't want to answer the questions, that's fine.
well, this is what you said earlier

Oh, for the love of God! Every one of these things has been covered, again and again and again, throughout the NINE investigations the GOP has held. How many more times do you need to have these questions answered?

I said

Until I can find the answer I can accept.

Just because these questions have been answered over and over, doesn't mean these are the answers I can accept.

It looks like the investigation is not over, so I will be waiting. What is wrong with that?

Old 06-06-2016, 11:22 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
well, this is what you said earlier

Oh, for the love of God! Every one of these things has been covered, again and again and again, throughout the NINE investigations the GOP has held. How many more times do you need to have these questions answered?

I said

Until I can find the answer I can accept.

Just because these questions have been answered over and over, doesn't mean these are the answers I can accept.

It looks like the investigation is not over, so I will be waiting. What is wrong with that?
Well who care if you accept it or not? That's on you if you are waiting for the world to provide the evidence that suits your political leanings. You are essentially admitting you will only accept the truth that agrees with your political beliefs, seems ignorant but whatever's. I would advise not to hold ones breath.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well who care if you accept it or not? That's on you if you are waiting for the world to provide the evidence that suits your political leanings. You are essentially admitting you will only accept the truth that agrees with your political beliefs, seems ignorant but whatever's. I would advise not to hold ones breath.
I was answering the poster's question, no more, no less. If she never asked me a question, this whole conversation won't exist.

If you don't care what I think, don't quote me, problem solved.

By the way, she was asking ME a question, I never claimed the world should listen to what I have to say. lol

Old 06-06-2016, 11:25 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Healthy lynch mob mentality...

Though it is always discouraging to read all these comments that seem so utterly dismissive of our "innocent until proven guilty" approach to prosecution and justice, and no doubt there is plenty to be skeptical about when spectating from our living room arm chairs and/or computer screens, I always take at least some comfort knowing that whichever side is on the "hot seat," the other will literally stop at nothing to make certain that "hot seat" is as hot as can be, regardless the actual facts of the matter, whether guilty or not.

It's killer instinct and the want of quick lynch mob justice that makes our criminal justice system a necessity, essentially to save us from ourselves, but the advantage to having two sides so much wanting to bury the other is the sense that if there is guilt to be found, there is no lack of incentive for the other side to find it. And as it should be, since we are far better off that each side goes after the other for wrong doing, even to the extremes, rather than be stuck with a government where these sorts of "criminal activities" are commonplace and rarely "see the light of day."

All the claims of "lies" and "criminal activity" and whatever best slanderous rhetoric you can muster, fine, but ultimately we wait for what the justice system delivers and ultimately that's all that matters, because no matter what the verdict in these cases, people will continue to think and judge as they do, regardless the actual truth of these matters. Nothing is better proven by the many comments posted in these threads than this obvious fact about how we everyday American citizens judge all that goes on around us...

Old 06-06-2016, 11:30 AM

In practice the presumption of innocence is animated by the requirement that the government prove the charges against the defendant Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. This due process requirement, a fundamental tenet of criminal law, is contained in statutes and judicial opinions. The requirement that a person suspected of a crime be presumed innocent also is mandated in statutes and court opinions. The two principles go together, but they can be separated.

So wait until the investigation is over. The investigation is not officially over yet.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:31 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
The Benghazi investigation exposed 2 things:

1) Hillary Clinton (and the Obama Administration) lied to the public about the cause and nature of the attack.

2) Hillary Clinton was viewing highly classified information on an unsecured server that was likely hacked.

The idea that nothing came out of this investigation is total nonsense.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Healthy lynch mob mentality...

Though it is always discouraging to read all these comments that seem so utterly dismissive of our "innocent until proven guilty" approach to prosecution and justice, and no doubt there is plenty to be skeptical about when spectating from our living room arm chairs and/or computer screens, I always take at least some comfort knowing that whichever side is on the "hot seat," the other will literally stop at nothing to make certain that "hot seat" is as hot as can be, regardless the actual facts of the matter, whether guilty or not.

It's killer instinct and the want of quick lynch mob justice that makes our criminal justice system a necessity, essentially to save us from ourselves, but the advantage to having two sides so much wanting to bury the other is the sense that if there is guilt to be found, there is no lack of incentive for the other side to find it. And as it should be, since we are far better off that each side goes after the other for wrong doing, even to the extremes, rather than be stuck with a government where these sorts of "criminal activities" are common place and rarely "see the light of day."

All the claims of "lies" and "criminal activity" and whatever best slanderous rhetoric you can muster, fine, but ultimately we wait for what the justice system delivers and ultimately that's all that matters, because no matter what the verdict in these cases, people will continue to think and judge as they do, regardless the actual truth of these matters. Nothing is better proven by the many comments posted in these threads than this obvious fact about how we everyday American citizens judge all that goes on around us...

The issue with the classified emails is yet to be played out in the justice system that is a separate issue, but after several hearings every question relative to Benghazi has been answered and then some.

I keep on having to remind myself that the original purpose of these hearings was to insure that this never happens again but it has digressed into politics.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:35 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
In practice the presumption of innocence is animated by the requirement that the government prove the charges against the defendant Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. This due process requirement, a fundamental tenet of criminal law, is contained in statutes and judicial opinions. The requirement that a person suspected of a crime be presumed innocent also is mandated in statutes and court opinions. The two principles go together, but they can be separated.

So wait until the investigation is over. The investigation is not officially over yet.

The email investigation isn't over but the Benghazi investigation has long since ended and is now well beyond it's intended purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies