U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:31 PM
 
1,115 posts, read 594,815 times
Reputation: 1121

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
As our illustrious President recently illustrated, a favorite tactic of the anti-gun left is to use the Straw man "no one is confiscating your guns" argument in any discussion about gun rights.

When gun rights advocates express concerns over attacks on the 2nd amendment, they are not accusing the President or gun control advocates in general of "taking their guns" in a literal sense of government storm troopers going house to house and forcing all Americans to "turn them all in".

(Despite statements like those of Dianne Feinstein: "If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ’em all in — I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.")

What they are talking about is the slow but steady erosion of their rights by passing one law, regulation, tax, fees, etc after another, banning this type of gun or that type of magazine until eventually an individuals right to own guns will be so narrowly defined and restricted, making gun ownership so expensive and burdened by red tape and minutia that it will have the the same long term effect as banning firearms altogether.


What I find really humorous is that the anti-gun left thinks that the majority of law abiding gun owners in America are too stupid to see through this nonsense.


Just because you're eating the elephant one bite at a time doesn't mean you're not killing the elephant.

Actually I'd LOVE to see "government storm troopers" confiscate all military-style assault weapons, FatBob.



Now stop playing with your little guns and get out and get some exercise, man...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,496 posts, read 16,666,089 times
Reputation: 26068
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Why do you have to lie, to distort, to take things out of context? It totally discredits you. Fact is, the Democratic senator was talking about assault weapons, which indeed SHOULD be banned? Try telling the truth fora change. Oh! That's right! You wouldn't have an argument were truth deployed.

I think all guns, every gun should be outlawed. That's my belief, but I'm at least honest about it. Why do gun owners need an external penis in the form of a gun? Lacking in the manhood department?
They have to make up the shortage of all the panty waste liberals who turn their male parts in after screaming about the scary guns that they couldn't identify, putting their hair up in man buns, throwing on their Birkenstocks, and going to the corner coffee shop to strum an out of tune guitar wailing about their rough life to an audience of 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:34 PM
 
13,862 posts, read 6,304,037 times
Reputation: 14487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They have to make up the shortage of all the panty waste liberals who turn theirs in after screaming about the scary guns that they couldn't identify, putting their hair up in man buns, throwing on their Birkenstocks, and going to the corner coffee shop to strum an out of tune guitar wailing about their rough life to an audience of 6.
I will gladly take that man over the guy who feels he's not a man unless he's strapping on a gun. As if wearing a weapon is the only definition of a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:35 PM
 
4,899 posts, read 2,694,350 times
Reputation: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Funny how much extremists LOVE the constitution, so long as it only contains the 2nd amendment. And yes, we can keep all amendments intact, what needs to be executed is the SCOTUS to decide the 2nd amendment refers to organized militias, not to unstable, insecure people who need an AK-47 strapped on their corpulent bodies to feel safe in Lolo, Montana.
there you go again with labels you clearly know nothing about US law and as someone who doesn't believe in the constitution and ALL of it's rights (nor have you heard of District of Columbia v. Heller) and you seem to only know how to parrot back talking points, your arguments are void of any critical thinking skills and quite frankly, are laughable.

again, you lose, in every sense of the word.

you lose on having no merit. you lose by making personal attacks - because you lack the basic understanding of US law. lastly, you lose because your fantasies will never materialize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:36 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,300 posts, read 7,918,064 times
Reputation: 6464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Actually I'd LOVE to see "government storm troopers" confiscate all military-style assault weapons, FatBob.



Now stop playing with your little guns and get out and get some exercise, man...
I'm sure you would volunteer to go door to door and try and confiscate them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:40 PM
 
4,899 posts, read 2,694,350 times
Reputation: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm sure you would volunteer to go door to door and try and confiscate them?
who do these people call when they need help? someone with a gun. the notion of self protection terrifies them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
7,941 posts, read 2,720,646 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Funny how much extremists LOVE the constitution, so long as it only contains the 2nd amendment. And yes, we can keep all amendments intact, what needs to be executed is the SCOTUS to decide the 2nd amendment refers to organized militias, not to unstable, insecure people who need an AK-47 strapped on their corpulent bodies to feel safe in Lolo, Montana.
That has already been rejected by the Supreme Court in the Heller Decision.

Besides, if the founders intended only the military to have firearms why are there no historical accounts of them enforcing the 2nd amendment by confiscating firearms from "unauthorized" citizens?

Why would they feel the need put the "right" of their own military to own firearms (something that anyone with half a brain would recognize as self evident) in a list of restrictions on itself? .......and second in that list only to barring any laws against freedom of speech?

The reason that argument fails time after time is becuase it just plain doesn't make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
7,941 posts, read 2,720,646 times
Reputation: 4259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Actually I'd LOVE to see "government storm troopers" confiscate all military-style assault weapons, FatBob.



Now stop playing with your little guns and get out and get some exercise, man...
Define "military style assault weapons" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:47 PM
 
1,115 posts, read 594,815 times
Reputation: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm sure you would volunteer to go door to door and try and confiscate them?

If I was a "government storm trooper", I'd do exactly what our great commander-in-chief BO wanted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2016, 01:51 PM
 
Location: College Hill
2,903 posts, read 2,762,299 times
Reputation: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That has already been rejected by the Supreme Court in the Heller Decision.
Supreme Court justices die and are replaced, and with a Dem inn office for the foreseeable future, we'll see about that.

Quote:
Besides, if the founders intended only the military to have firearms why are there no historical accounts of them enforcing the 2nd amendment by confiscating firearms from "unauthorized" citizens?
AFAIK, there weren't AK-47s in 1787, were there? There were muskets, and cannons. And most people who had guns used them for food acquisition. not to mow down children, not to bust into schools and kill kids.

And this ban, to probably a lesser degree than I would like, will happen and you can blame all of the lies and all of the bullying gun nuts have inflicted on this nation for decades. Had you guys been reasonable, had you been sane, a compromise could have been worked out. Too late for that.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of debating guns, and I don't have to because this will all be settled in what I believe is in the best interests of society when we replace two or three fossils in robes. And there ain't jack you or anyone can do to stop it. Apart from electing a Republican, and that just ain't gonna happen. "See you in court," as they say!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top