U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 08:36 AM

11,747 posts, read 8,310,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
That's not all she said. Interesting you folks got stuck on one line of a very good speech.

Michelle Obama Hits at Donald Trump in CUNY Grad Speech

Typical.
Would a white first lady have said this? It's racial and is fair game to be commented on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 08:39 AM

21,551 posts, read 11,615,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They are sly as serpents and are pressing forward with an agenda.
I guess the best way to describe it for me is they have really cheapened the office of president and first lady to historic proportions. She is cheap and she takes cheapshots. And so does her husband.

They remind me of the moronic WR in the NFL who celebrates a TD like he won the Superbowl in a game where his team is losing by 40 pts.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:39 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,946,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Yes, because your direct paternal line is the only one that matters? What part of 4,095 individuals do you not understand? No genealogist worth his salt would ever make the statement you made in your previous post.

I've got both Quaker abolitionists and Dutch slave runners in my family tree, and the same is likely true for you if your American roots really do go as far back as you claim.
As far as I am concerned you can go pound salt, I could care less whether or not you believe it or not. I never claimed to be a expert and am passing on info that was passed to me. I doubt very much you are a genealogist, you evidently don't get out of your parents basement long enough to do research. Besides it was the point of the statement, not the statement and it was not directed toward you. Go back an read when I originally posted and what it was in reference to.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:44 AM

17,086 posts, read 9,873,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
As far as I am concerned you can go pound salt, I could care less whether or not you believe it or not. I never claimed to be a expert and am passing on info that was passed to me. I doubt very much you are a genealogist, you evidently don't get out of your parents basement long enough to do research. Besides it was the point of the statement, not the statement and it was not directed toward you. Go back an read when I originally posted and what it was in reference to.
My parents' basement? Huh? I own the basement! I'm nearly fifty years old with children ranging in age from fourteen to twenty. I've been studying genealogy and American history since graduating from college in 1989.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:48 AM

21,551 posts, read 11,615,071 times
"House built by slaves"

Technically it was "built" by whomever designed it, had the creativity to envision it and put the plans to paper and then to reality.

Because you carry bricks from here to there, unload wagons and dig holes and trenches..you rally didn't build anything. To use Barack's words "you didn't build that"

Old 06-06-2016, 08:51 AM

36,936 posts, read 16,117,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's bothersome because that is NOT relevant to all those in the audience, and questionable as to her motive.

Raising the issue of slavery most often has a hidden agenda and motive. It highlights divisions and downplays unity, especially when the origins of slavery are conveniently ignored and the implication is made that only whites owned slaves (blacks did too) and only whites were involved in slave trading; both Europeans and Africans were joint partners in a common economy. America doesn't teach this historical accuracy in schools, but it IS taught in Nigeria, for example. They acknowledge their part in it.

Liberals have a skewed view because they don't know but ignorance is no excuse. Many, like MO, take advantage of ignorance to manipulate feelings.

It's sad to listen to one preach about equality and unity from someone who believes themselves superior.

Oh, by the way, Obama did acknowledge his white background but unequivocally rejected it. He and MO are products of the hateful preaching they willfully sat under for decades and the American-hating groups they were associated with.
When whites make statements many on the left come back with, "They use "CODE" words and we KNOW what they meant.

The same with Michelle.

Anybody who has listened to her over the years, 'For the first time in my life, I am proud..." KNOWS her "CODE" words are evident.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:56 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,425,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When whites make statements many on the left come back with, "They use "CODE" words and we KNOW what they meant.

The same with Michelle.

Anybody who has listened to her over the years, 'For the first time in my life, I am proud..." KNOWS her "CODE" words are evident.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:08 AM

13,139 posts, read 4,484,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Loved it. She's right...while the Founding Fathers may have never imagined or intended for a First Family like theirs or country like ours today, we are the fruits of their vision and their legacy is ours.

Brains, beauty, class...love her.
What a joke

Old 06-06-2016, 09:10 AM

14,298 posts, read 8,113,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Michelle Obama went to City College of New York and told the graduating students that she is living in a house built by slaves. This speech happened on June 4, 2016. Here is video of that speach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR2CVQ5jmn0
Psssst.... the Republicans ended slavery, while you democrats fought, fought, and fought to the bitter end against them, even going so far as making the retention of slavery a part of the official Democratic Party platform, again and again.

But even after the people ended slavery, we needed to fight the democrats to pass the 13th, 14th, and the 15th amendments. Even that was not enough for Michelle's Democratic Party, the nation had to pass the Civil Rights Act, which democrats filibustered. Still fighting against the racist democrats we were forced to pass the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

I'd say that if not for Michelle's racist democrats, the White House would not have been built by slaves.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 AM

1,100 posts, read 479,420 times
Soundbites are cool. You can essentially twist the meaning of the full speech to fit whatever narrative you're pushing.

Horrible political tactic by the GOP media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or