U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 01:16 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,945,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Psssst.... the Republicans ended slavery, while you democrats fought, fought, and fought to the bitter end against them, even going so far as making the retention of slavery a part of the official Democratic Party platform, again and again.

But even after the people ended slavery, we needed to fight the democrats to pass the 13th, 14th, and the 15th amendments. Even that was not enough for Michelle's Democratic Party, the nation had to pass the Civil Rights Act, which democrats filibustered. Still fighting against the racist democrats we were forced to pass the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

I'd say that if not for Michelle's racist democrats, the White House would not have been built by slaves.
How is your post a rebuttal of Michelle Obama's statement? She was praising how America has changed and is a land of opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 01:17 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,487,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
we've come a long way.....but unfortunately Pres Obama hasn't been accepted by all the people....Bigot Donald, the Birther, did what he could to make sure the Obama was seen as illegitimate.....shoot, even a CDF poster and Trump supporter phma called Pres Obama a monkey a day or two ago.....
Yep... it's still 1859...

Give it a rest.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
There is a time and place for everything. But all of her speeches seem to be about how blacks will be facing hardship and how her husband is hated. She projects a total "white people have foot on your neck" attitude.

It's a balance and fine line. We must acknowledge but this constant stamping of "you are black, you will be marginalized, you will be undermined, is self defeating. Poor whites don't do this. Chinese don't do this. Indians don't do this IN PUBLIC.

There is a time and place for it but not at a college graduation.
Where in this speech did she do what you claim?

Old 06-06-2016, 01:19 PM

7,203 posts, read 2,357,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Sad that you either hate the U.S., or put one particular part of identity politics above all else...including decency.
Only in your mind does finding the First Lady - who is highly educated and an exemplary wife and mother - as classy, equate to hating the U.S. and identity politics.

LOL.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And... ?

It's now common knowledge that the White House was at least partly built by slave labor.

That's not something that was in the schoolbooks back in the 50s and 60s when I was a schoolboy, though.
And you would have to listen to more than a sound bite to understand the context of her statement. She was praising America.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:48 PM

16,813 posts, read 11,751,308 times
Given the stars and bars is also a 'reminder', shouldn't the whitehouse be razed and rebuilt, as it reminds MO hat slaves were used?

How can anyone gaze upon the whitehouse and not be repulsed as it has become a symbol of racism. It must be destroyed!

Old 06-06-2016, 02:01 PM

5,414 posts, read 4,037,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Show me where Michelle Obama was "soaking 'whitey' for his guilt."

She was praising America and the American Dream.
She may not have been "soaking whitey", but she absolutely has another agenda. One could say that because of all of her past quotes, everything she says has a second meaning since she has made it clear to many that she isn't happy with America. Not to mention the friends that they align themselves with (Jeremiah Wright sticks out) help perpetuate their true feelings. That's how many of us feel. You are the company that you keep. She and BO strike a lot of people as racist anti-Americans BECAUSE of what they've said. We didn't ask them to make these comments. They spoke from their heart.

Here are a few quotes:

From MO:

"(America is) just downright mean."

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction.”

“It’s easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions, it makes you feel justified in your own ignorance. That’s America."

“…(T)he realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know.”

"Barack is one of the smartest people you will ever encounter who will deign to enter this messy thing called politics." (DEIGN means to do something that one considers to be below their dignity)

“The road ahead is not going to be easy for folks like you and me,” she told the graduating students, “because while we’ve come so far, the truth is that those age-old problems are stubborn, and they haven’t fully gone away.”

“no matter how far you rise in life, how hard you work to be a good person, a good parent, a good citizen — for some folks, it will never be good enough.”

"The bottom line is that white students on this campus are racist, but they may not realize it." (She wrote this while at Princeton)

She was a part of TWC while at Princeton, which was a minority ran group bent on furthering the racial divide on campus. She pushed (with others) to have whites banned from their meetings.

From BO:

“I don’t believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history.”

“To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society’s stifling conventions. We weren’t indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.But this strategy alone couldn’t provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerant. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

“That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.”

"“I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community."

“What I value most about Pastor Wright is not his day-to-day political advice. He’s much more of a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking as truthfully about what I believe as possible and that I’m not losing myself in some of the hype and hoopla and stress that’s involved in national politics.”

From his long time confidant JW:

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run. No black man will ever be considered for president, no matter how hard you run Jesse [Jackson] and no black woman can ever be considered for anything outside what she can give with her body.”

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.”

“White folk done took this country. You’re in their home, and they’re gonna let you know it….You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk and if you do not realize that, you are in serious trouble.” –

So tell me how this is all OK..... this doesn't sound like any type of praise. It sounds like condescension. If ANYONE in this country is racially neutral it should be the President and the First Lady. They should be the role models that our country looks up to, and the spokesperson for our country to other countries. Instead, white people are expected to sit quietly while some are becoming more upset with some of the recent events such as BLM, etc.... We are expected to say nothing and do nothing. Then when someone gets fed up enough to speak out they get crucified for it. It's all or nothing. I'm all for putting the race issue behind us and really wish we would. But until both sides come to the realization that we all play an equal part in it, nothing will ever change. Race is used for political gain because it works. This is how Lincoln was able to justify the war. Without it he would have had no legs to stand on. And we still see it to this very day.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:04 PM

9,394 posts, read 2,587,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
we've come a long way.....but unfortunately Pres Obama hasn't been accepted by all the people....Bigot Donald, the Birther, did what he could to make sure the Obama was seen as illegitimate.....shoot, even a CDF poster and Trump supporter phma called Pres Obama a monkey a day or two ago.....
you supported Rubio, right? well guess what, he supported or didn't speak out against all of Trumps statements towards Obama

Old 06-06-2016, 02:09 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,029,528 times
Some day in the not so distant future the racist white house will be called the "peoples house".

Old 06-06-2016, 02:31 PM

14,298 posts, read 8,083,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
She may not have been "soaking whitey", but she absolutely has another agenda. One could say that because of all of her past quotes, everything she says has a second meaning since she has made it clear to many that she isn't happy with America. Not to mention the friends that they align themselves with (Jeremiah Wright sticks out) help perpetuate their true feelings. That's how many of us feel. You are the company that you keep. She and BO strike a lot of people as racist anti-Americans BECAUSE of what they've said. We didn't ask them to make these comments. They spoke from their heart.

Here are a few quotes:

From MO:

"(America is) just downright mean."

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction.”

“It’s easier to hold onto your own stereotypes and misconceptions, it makes you feel justified in your own ignorance. That’s America."

“…(T)he realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know.”

{snip}
And then add this one from her commencement speech before New York City College:

But unfortunately, graduates, despite the lessons of our history and the truth of your experience here at City College, some folks out there today seem to have a very different perspective. They seem to view our diversity as a threat to be contained rather than as a resource to be tapped. They tell us to be afraid of those who are different, to be suspicious of those with whom we disagree. They act as if name-calling is an acceptable substitute for thoughtful debate, as if anger and intolerance should be our default state rather than the optimism and openness that have always been the engine of our progress."

She's always ready with the straw man she thinks epitomize the evil America that Michelle wakes up obsessing over every morning. It will be great when we have a First Lady who does not have a racist chip on her shoulder.

Last edited by OICU812; 06-06-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or