U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 02:33 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,962,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
She may not have been "soaking whitey", but she absolutely has another agenda. One could say that because of all of her past quotes, everything she says has a second meaning since she has made it clear to many that she isn't happy with America. Not to mention the friends that they align themselves with (Jeremiah Wright sticks out) help perpetuate their true feelings. That's how many of us feel. You are the company that you keep. She and BO strike a lot of people as racist anti-Americans BECAUSE of what they've said. We didn't ask them to make these comments. They spoke from their heart.
So for you it doesn't matter that Michelle Obama praised America in this speech, because you know she has another agenda. Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 02:34 PM

5,432 posts, read 4,087,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So for you it doesn't matter that Michelle Obama praised America in this speech, because you know she has another agenda. Got it.

Yep. Why? Because if you've watched her speeches you can clearly hear the callousness in her voice. Past actions are indications of future behavior. Admittedly she has gotten a little better at trying to hide it, but never well enough that you can't see or hear it.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:35 PM

12,900 posts, read 4,876,646 times
"They" would appear to have been well represented in the last posts on this thread.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:40 PM

My point is simply this..... if you expect any race to sit idly by forever while another race makes conscious efforts to downplay them, or make cynical remarks, you're in candy land. No one is going to take it forever. That is why all of this needs to stop. And the only way to make it stop is to bury it. Blacks aren't going to give up on constantly trying to remind their peers of how their ancestors were treated and whites aren't going to back down when it is happening for much longer. Hate breeds hate. One side has to stop before the other side follows suit. For the most part, whites have made a positive effort to be more acceptable (understanding there will always be a small portion who refuse to follow suit on both sides) to blacks. I really don't see what else they can do to accept black race and culture. But cramming it down their throats now that whites have backed down isn't going to resolve anything. Waiting to scream racism every time someone says something that can be taken out of context isn't helping either. It's going to take leaders from both "sides" to erase the line in the sand.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Yep. Why? Because if you've watched her speeches you can clearly hear the callousness in her voice. Past actions are indications of future behavior. Admittedly she has gotten a little better at trying to hide it, but never well enough that you can't see or hear it.
Michelle Obama from the speech.
"Enjoy the liberties that you have in this great country."

Clearly an evil hateful women who hates America.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Michelle Obama from the speech.
"Enjoy the liberties that you have in this great country."

Clearly an evil hateful women who hates America.

Do you support all of her past statements that I listed out above? Do you also support BO's statements as listed above? What about JW? After all, BO admitted that he was his confidant.

Because she makes one or two decent back-handed speeches after decades of hateful writings and speeches doesn't make her a saint. It makes her a good politician. One that many can see right through. If you listen and read, you find the snippets that she throws in where she likes to constantly bring up race. Why bring it up at all if it isn't important to you? Was it necessary to get the point across?

Old 06-06-2016, 02:50 PM

11,749 posts, read 8,312,369 times
Quote:
Show me where Michelle Obama was "soaking 'whitey' for his guilt."

She was praising America and the American Dream.

Public education is our greatest pathway to opportunity in America. So we need to invest in and strengthen our public universities today, and for generations to come. (Applause.) That is how you will do your part to live up to the oath that you all will take here today –- the oath taken by generations of graduates before you to make your city and your world “greater, better, and more beautiful.”
More than anything else, graduates, that is the American story. It’s your story and the story of those who came before you at this school. It’s the story of the son of Polish immigrants named Jonas Salk who toiled for years in a lab until he discovered a vaccine that saved countless lives. It’s the story of the son of immigrant -- Jamaican immigrants named Colin Powell who became a four star general, Secretary of State, and a role model for young people across the country.
And, graduates, it’s the story that I witness every single day when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves, and I watch my daughters –- two beautiful, black young women -– head off to school -- (applause) -- waving goodbye to their father, the President of the United States, the son of a man from Kenya who came here to American -- to America for the same reasons as many of you: To get an education and improve his prospects in life.
So, graduates, while I think it’s fair to say that our Founding Fathers never could have imagined this day, all of you are very much the fruits of their vision. Their legacy is very much your legacy and your inheritance. And don’t let anybody tell you differently. You are the living, breathing proof that the American Dream endures in our time. It’s you.
So I want you all to go out there. Be great. Build great lives for yourselves. Enjoy the liberties that you have in this great country. Pursue your own version of happiness. And please, please, always, always do your part to help others do the same.
"and I watch my daughters –- two beautiful black, young women -– head off to school --"

How about just two beautiful young women.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
My point is simply this..... if you expect any race to sit idly by forever while another race makes conscious efforts to downplay them, or make cynical remarks, you're in candy land. No one is going to take it forever. That is why all of this needs to stop. And the only way to make it stop is to bury it. Blacks aren't going to give up on constantly trying to remind their peers of how their ancestors were treated and whites aren't going to back down when it is happening for much longer. Hate breeds hate. One side has to stop before the other side follows suit. For the most part, whites have made a positive effort to be more acceptable (understanding there will always be a small portion who refuse to follow suit on both sides) to blacks. I really don't see what else they can do to accept black race and culture. But cramming it down their throats now that whites have backed down isn't going to resolve anything. Waiting to scream racism every time someone says something that can be taken out of context isn't helping either. It's going to take leaders from both "sides" to erase the line in the sand.
Screaming racism when something is taken out of context is certainly on display in this thread.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Screaming racism when something is taken out of context is certainly on display in this thread.

Why? Because white people are saying they're getting tired of it?

Tell me this..... had MO never mentioned slavery, race, or anything that pointed to race in this speech do you think we'd be discussing it?

Old 06-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
"and I watch my daughters –- two beautiful black, young women -– head off to school --"

How about just two beautiful young women.
How about Michelle's point that America has changed for the better and that every child, including black children, can experience the American Dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or